• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

PreviousChapters Next
Unnamed story idea #1?

Author's Note:

idk. This has been floating around for quite some time, so I figured I should maybe write it down somewhere before I forget.

Tell me if you wanna see this thing be written. :twilightsmile:

Unnamed story idea #1

Main character is introduced in first-person story. Story centers around main character having the curse (not really a curse curse) of being torn from reality for anytime between just a few seconds, to minutes or even hours before returning to real-life. They don’t know how to explain it, or why it happens, but whenever it does happen, to them it’s as if they just woke up in an endless expanse of nothing, controlled entirely by their own whim.

Piece by piece, after realizing the potential of this “curse” that they have, they begin to construct their own sort of pocket-reality, where they have created their own ideal world.

As time goes on, the time they spend in the pocket-reality gets longer and longer, with the expansion suddenly halting at exactly twelve hours split between the two realities.

They continue to live this way for a few more weeks, gradually becoming accustomed to the strange splitting of their time. They begin to grow into their new double-life, until one day, without any warning, the cycle resets, leaving them with only mere seconds in their pocket-reality that they’d spent so much time and effort constructing.

This continues for a few more days, growing the time once again from seconds into minutes, before a mysterious figure warns them that eventually, they have to choose which reality they prefer – permanently.

The total time that the story spans is only a couple of months at the most.

PreviousChapters Next