• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

PreviousChapters Next
Story pitch: Worlds Reset

Author's Note:

Synopsis: Reimagining of "Manufacture" and "Unnamed Story Idea #1" (AKA μParallels. Yeah, I came up with a name for it.) as a single story.

This story would combine the "generic-ness" nature of Manufacture with the pocket reality trope of μParallels, in that Equestria turns out to be a pocket reality of a bigger, unseen plane of existence. For whatever reason, it is suddenly and abruptly reset, wiping anything and everything and leaving behind a clean slate. While ponies do indeed still retain their lives and personalities, they are now all perfectly identical, and the once vibrant world of Equestria is now instead a bleak plane of grey-black ground and white sky. There is no day or night anymore, and all uniqueness has been lost in the world. The story would from there focus on a way to bring back what once was, but would likely center early on on the protagonist(s?) working out how to survive in this new, literal clean-slate world.

Stylistic choices (such as replacing all punctuation with either commas, periods, or ellipses) may or may not stay if I write out the full story. Tell me what you prefer in the comments. :twilightsmile:

See above author's note for full pitch and synopsis.

Also, yeah, this pitch is gonna feature Twilight just because I'm the most used to writing her. Full story may feature OC protagonists instead if I decide to write it. Though honestly, after writing the below snippet, I think it'd be best to write using OCs, so that the blatant OOC take on the Mane Six would probably impact the story's overall readability.


A searing whine pierced Twilight's ears as she jolted awake, blinking in the blinding white light surrounding her. She glanced downward, lifting a grey hoof from the slightly darker grey ground beneath her.

"Spike." she drawled in monotone, "Spike. Can you hear me. Spike... Spike. Girls. Hello."

Nothing.

She felt a hoof on her back. Turning, she was met with an equally-grey pony, who simply waved back.

"Hey, Twilight," Spike began in the same monotone, "What just happened here."

Twilight shook her head.

"I don't know."

PreviousChapters Next