• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

PreviousChapters Next
Sunburst and Starlight switched places?

Author's Note:

Skipping the whole "Our Town" thing, 'cause Sunburst doesn't exactly seem like the type to do mind control.

Sunburst lounged in Twilight's seat, idly twirling Starswirl's scroll in the air with his magic as he awaited for the Princess of Friendship. As he heard hoofsteps drawing near, he quickly hid the scroll, instead idly whistling to himself as Twilight and Spike entered.


"...Um, who are you?" Spike asked, shaking Sunburst awake.

"GAH!" the stallion shouted back in return, falling from the seat in a very ungraceful method. "What's going on?! Where am I?"

"You've been sleeping in Twilight's seat for the past 2.564 hours."

"Ah ha!" Sunburst yelled, "I remember!"

Twilight and Spike questioningly stared at the stallion who was currently doing a victory whoop on the map table. Out of nowhere, a dirty sock landed on Twilight's face.

The mare shook her head in annoyance. "Please... just, whoever you are, state your business, please. You're already giving me a headache."

Sunburst nodded, and stepped down from the table. "Alright... um..." he whispered to himself, "What was it that I was gonna say again..."

He promptly pulled a parchment from underneath his cape, labeled in big, block letters, "PLAN TO DESTROY THE TIMELINE". After approximately half a minute of reading, he cleared his throat.

"Ahem," he began, "Princess Twilight, I am now about to destroy your timeline!"

"What?" Twilight snorted, "Why?"

Sunburst's eyes widened. "Um... because I can? And I want to prove my capabilities?"

A mug of coffee blinked into existence beside Twilight, who took a sip of the steaming liquid. "Go on," she pushed, "What other motives do you have for destroying reality as we know it?"

Sunburst shrugged in return, lighting his horn. "AND NOW," he began, "WITH THIS CONVENIENTLY STOLEN SCROLL, I SHALL CREATE THE ULTIMATE PARADOX!"

A blinding flash of light filled the room, accompanied by a low howling sound as Sunburst rose upwards, only to be swallowed by a giant time vortex thingy.

~~~5 minutes earlier...~~~

"Um... who are y--"

Sunburst promptly landed on top of Spike, awakening the Sunburst that was snoozing on the seat.

"Wahuh?" Sunburst from five minutes ago grumbled, rubbing an eye, "Did the plan work?"

The current time Sunburst shrugged. "You tell me. Does it look like I'm back with Starlight?"

Sunburst from five minutes ago shrugged in return.

~~~Back to the Future Present!~~~

Sunburst reemerged from the portal, expecting to find himself from five minutes ago preparing to travel to... five? Ten minutes ago? Either way, he expected to see himself in one way or another.

Except... he found himself standing face to face with a very creepily smiling mare, with a semi-obviously painted equal sign cutie mark on her flanks.

"Oh."

PreviousChapters Next