• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,446 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,446

PreviousChapters Next
Starlight saw the barren wasteland for what it was?

Author's Note:

Another chapter requested by Supernova2015. Sorry, Supernova, but I won't be taking any more requests from you for the time being. You've got to give others a chance, too.

"This place..." Starlight whispered, turning to Twilight. "This is Equestria?"

Twilight nodded solemnly, a deep frown on her face as Spike struggled to hold onto the scroll through the gusting winds. "It is." The alicorn answered, "Or at least, was."

"W-what happened?"

The alicorn didn't respond, instead staring blankly into the whirling dust-storm that was once Ponyville. She blinked for a moment as the dust formed a vague blob of a shape.

"Twilight?"

Spike tugged at the mare's mane. "Twilight, I'm scared."

A stronger gust of wind pushed against the trio, Starlight coughing dust and sand out with every consecutive billow.

"Starlight. You happened." Twilight finally answered, turning to the unicorn. "Somewhere, sometime, you messing with the past caused this."

"But... I-how?!" Starlight stuttered, "How did something as little as crashing a race lead to something like... like this?!"

Twilight shrugged, wandering closer to Starlight. "Reality is never what you expect it to be." She began, "Everything we do has an effect. Even if the race does finish, the fact that we ever set hoof in the past at all will still lead to a shift in the timeline."

Starlight fell to her haunches. "I never meant for this to happen..." She whimpered as a lone tear streaked down her dust-ridden face, "I only wanted the happiness that I saw in your friends. The happiness that I thought that I could never have myself..."

A choked gasp escaped the mare's lips as Twilight set a hoof on her shoulder. "It's alright." Twilight soothed, "There's still a chance to make things right. We still have the scroll, don't we?"

Another dusty tear splattered against the ground in a muddy puddle. "O-okay."

Twilight nodded, and lit her horn, the first light the land had seen in ages as the two mares and dragon rose into the portal.

PreviousChapters Next