• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,584 Views, 5,529 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,529
 8,584

PreviousChapters Next
the intro chapter was rewritten?

Twilight pushed the Final Book™ off the table. She didn't even bother to watch as it tumbled over the edge to the floor with a heavy thump.

Following the book's example, Twilight too slumped to the floor. She let out a groan halfway between "that hurt" and "ouch".

Maybe she just needed to touch some grass.

Yeah, that'll do good.

Twilight flung herself out the window, spreading her wings wide and soaring up into the air. Somehow, the falling glass didn't hit a single pony. A cool breeze from the fan taped to Rainbow Dash's back blew through her mane, and the sun scorched the ever-loving daylights out of her face.

She landed superhero-style at the train station and inadvertently created a crater big enough to derail the incoming train.

And then, it hit her: she had absolutely nothing left to do.

And then the train hit her.


"SPIKE!" Twilight blasted the doors off of their hinges. "SPIIIIIKE! I WISH TO HAVE ALL THE CONFIDENCE OF A NOVICE FANFICTION WRITER WHO THINKS THEY'RE HOT STUFF. I WANNA WRITE A STORY."

Spike looked up from his comic book that had just been freshly ripped to shreds by the shockwave caused by the door being sent to the shadow realm.

"I WANNA WRITE A STORY BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO WRIIIIIIIIIIITE!" Twilight slammed both hooves to the sides of Spike and lifted him up, violently shaking him to within an inch of his rapidly-deteriorating sanity. "WHAT SHOULD I WRIIIIIIIITE?"

"Okay, okay--" Spike pushed Twilight away. "First of all, what has gotten into you? Second of all, what happened to reading? Why do you want to write all of a sudden?"

"Because I'm bored," Twilight draped herself Rarity-style over the back of a conveniently-placed sofa. "And you know what happens when I'm bored."

Spike shuddered at the mentioning of The Disaster™.

"And I already read all the books anyway." Twilight raised a hoof. A tub of Princess Size™ ice cream floated over to it, followed by a spoon.

"So... you want to write a book... because you're bored?"

Twilight gasped. "Writing a book? Why didn't I think of that? You're a genius, Spike!"

She fell silent for a moment, probably pondering deep in thought. Or scarfing down another scoop of ice cream. "But what should I write about?"

If facepalms could kill, Spike would've sent the entire planet hurtling into a black hole. "Twi, are you stupid?"

"Maybe!"

Spike shook his head, walking back to his "room" for another "comic book". As for Twilight...

Twilight silently perched atop the highest spire of her castle. It was silent up here--just how she liked it. She watched the flickering lights of the houses below shine through their windows, casting long shadows into the pathways surrounding them. A patchwork of smoke curled towards the sky, blotting out the moon when the wind was right.

This was nice.

The perfect scene for her world-ending fantasies.

A manic grin spread across her face from ear to ear as a low cackle bubbled up from her throat.

"What if..."

Author's Note:

idk i should be studying for my midterm exam on Monday but I wrote this instead :P

PreviousChapters Next