• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

PreviousChapters Next
Fluttershy was a park ranger in the Everfree Forest?

Fluttershy idly yawned as she hovered over the canopy of the Everfree Forest. She had been selected by Mayor Mare as a "Park Ranger", with the duty to ensure the safety of ponies near the forest border, as well as to watch for any beasts that may emerge from the forest.

And somehow, even with the sheer number of terrors she had witnessed in the forest, Fluttershy was bored. It was as if the forest itself had fallen asleep, and she swore that she heard a tree fall somewhere.

And then a random Bugbear happened.

Well, it didn't happen, but appeared. Out of thin air. In front of Fluttershy. Instinctively, Fluttershy yelped in surprise, flying backwards into a nearby low-hanging cloud.

"B-b-Bugbear!" She shouted in her loudest voice. Unfortunately for her, it barely even made it past the bugbear before being drowned out by the wind.

So instead, the mare decided to harden up, and bring out her weapons-grade stare.

"What are you doing, Mister Bugbear?" She asked politely, making sure that she never broke eye contact with the beast.

The Bugbear shrugged, and proceeded to roar several dozen times in a row.

"Oh, were you just relaxing until you teleported here for absolutely no reason other than to allow the author to write something marginally funny?" Pinkie suddenly shouted, popping out of the cloud Fluttershy had backed into.

The Bugbear paused for a moment, then nodded.

"Aww," Fluttershy replied, "do you know where you live? I could maybe take you back to your family."

The beast shook its head sadly, growling under it's breath.

"I... I don't understand what you mean," Fluttershy said in return, "Pinkie, do you know?"

"Ooh, ooh!" Pinkie hooted, "He's saying that he came from an alternate universe where Bugbears lived in Equestria and Ponies lived in the Everfree Forest, and he was the park ranger for the forest when some giant laser beam of doom hit him and sent him flying through the fabric of the universe to here, where he woke up with a massive rock as his pillow!"

"Oh." Was all the pegasus could muster after hearing Pinkie's translation. "Um. Pinkie, would you mind if you take Mr. Bugbear back to his home?"

"Okie dokie!" Pinkie cheered, before opening a vortex through dimensions and dragging the bugbear along.

Fluttershy sighed, and began comforting herself in a sitting position on the cloud, watching over the forest once again.

And then she fell asleep.


"RUN!" Shouted Twilight, "THEY'RE COMING!"

Fluttershy slowly opened her eyes. "Who's coming?" she asked softly.

"THE CLONES!"

The pegasus turned back to face the Everfree Forest she was supposed to watch over, only to find a marching army of Derpys tearing down everything in their way out of sheer clumsiness.

And so that was how Equestria came to be ruled by an army of Derp.

PreviousChapters Next