• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 365?

Author's Note:

Read a chapter a day, all year long! :raritywink:

"Twilight,"

"Twilight!"

The mare groaned, lifting her face from the book she'd been writing. How long had it been since she decided to sit down and write something herself rather than read? She couldn't tell anymore.

"Twilight, you fell asleep on the parchment again. You know you're not a night owl." Spike pat her on the back, placing a cup of coffee on the desk.

Twilight smiled back, lifting the cup to her mouth with both hooves and taking a contemplative sip.

"Spike,"

"Yeah?"

"How long do you think it'll be like this?"

Spike scratched is head. "Be like what?"

"Writing," Twilight gestured at the blank pages in front of her. "How much longer do you think this will go? I've spent who-knows-how-long writing now, and it still feels... empty. Are you sure there aren't anymore books I could read?"

Spike nodded.

Sighing, the mare turned back to the book, picking up her quill.

"Well, I suppose writing some more wouldn't hurt, then. It's not like there's anything else I could do."

Spike raised a claw. "What abou--"

Twilight smiled, cutting off her assistant with a hush. "Even the Princess of Equestria needs some time to herself, Spike."

"Maybe you could take a walk first. Y'know, get some air. Sure, I know you like to read and write and all, but you should do something to take your mind off everything for a little."

"...Yeah," Twilight nodded slowly, "yeah, I think I'll do just that."


Sunset.

Was this still the same sun that she saw before she began writing? It felt like so much had changed since she begun, yet hardly anything felt different. How many years had passed since she first began writing? One? Two?

A mild breeze rustled through her mane as Spike stepped up beside her.

"It's a nice time of day for a walk, isn't it?"

"Hm?" Twilight glanced down at her assistant. "Oh, yes. Yes it is, Spike."

Maybe the amount of time that'd passed didn't really matter. Maybe, even though every tale she wrote was a fabrication, what mattered most, in the end, was the experience, the excitement that she brought herself through time and time again for days, weeks, even months on end.

She closed her eyes, thinking back to a simpler time; she was still Twilight the unicorn, the little filly who was excited about magic kindergarten. All the ponies around her-- she called them friends, but she didn't necessarily treat them as such, in the end. Now, they were all grown up. Some were even marrying now, with thoughts on starting a family.

Short to say, it was a wonder how far she'd come.

"Come on, Spike, it's getting dark. Let's go home now."

PreviousChapters Next