• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

PreviousChapters Next
Spike took Twilight on a date?

PREPARE THEE BUTTOCKS FOR THE MOST AWKWARD MOMENT YE SHALL EVER LAY EYE UPON! :pinkiecrazy:

"So... uh Twilight?" Spike said as he placed some of Twilight's recently read books back onto the shelf, "Do you wanna go out for dinner or something?"

Twilight remained silent, her muzzle clearly buried in a book as she absorbed the knowledge through diffusion.

"Twilight?"

The mare continued reading. Spike proceeded to search for the largest dictionary he could lift, and chuck it at her.

"Gah!" Twilight shrieked as the dictionary smacked the book off her face, "Spike! What did I tell you about throwing those things?!"

Spike shrugged carelessly. "Idunno," he replied, "But as I was saying... do you wanna eat out tonight?"

Twilight groaned as she set her book down. She had been at a particularly enticing section detailing the moment that would've occurred nanoseconds before a star would go supernova. "Fine," she replied, rolling her eyes in annoyance as she stuck herself back into the book.

*TOK!*

"HEY!"


Spike wiggled his brow as he stared deep into his caretaker's eyes. Deeper and deeper his gaze burrowed, past the nerdy shell, past the introvert, past even the little filly that was still hugging the same plushie to this very day.

Finally, he saw exactly what he was looking for.

"We're having cereal for breakfast tomorrow again, aren't we?" Spike deadpanned, severing the connection between Twilight's eyes and his.

Twilight payed no mind, however, as she had no idea that this was supposed to be a date. Neither did she realize that Spike had been creepily staring into her eyes for the past ten minutes. Instead, she was reading the menu as she absentmindedly chewed on the fork that she had already licked clean.

Spike, on the other hand, didn't exactly care about what Twilight did anymore. He had already gotten the information that he'd been looking for. After all, weren't dates just two ponies asking each other questions while eating?

Spike contemplated the idea of cardboard-flavored breakfast for the hundredth time in a row as he munched on his order. Not once did his eyes ever budge--until he saw Rarity enter.

"Um..." Spike began, glancing back at Twilight. She still wasn't looking, or really paying any attention to her surroundings whatsoever. Naturally, Spike made his escape.

Author's Note:

Absorbed the knowledge through diffusion.

^^^ A joke I made with my science teacher back in 8th grade. ^^^

PreviousChapters Next