• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,598 Views, 5,529 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,529
 8,598

PreviousChapters Next
the author did a serious chapter?

Author's Note:

Mystic Sunrise wants serious? Have some serious.

Working with magical parchments and scrolls is dangerous :V

"Twilight! Twi-light!" Spike scrambled up the stairs. He panted as he burst into the mare's study. "Twilight!"

Twilight looked up from her book.

"I was--" Spike paused to catch his breath "--I was organizing some scrolls downstairs when an entire table of them suddenly lit itself on fire! I swear I didn't have anything to do with it, and--"

Twilight set her book down. "Alright, alright, let's go take a look then. What sort of scrolls were on that table?"

Spike trailed behind her as she opened the door. "Well, there were some old spells that I saw, a few old parchments about Equestria's ancient history... whoa!" He felt himself get scooped off his feet. "Twi, what's the matter?"

"You put the fire out already, right?"

"Of course I did! I wouldn't just leave the table burning before running all the way up the stairs!"

"Spike."

"Yeah?"

"You have wings."

"...Yeah."

The duo finally touched down at the bottom of the stairs. Spike hopped off and made a beeline for the table in question, which was now thoroughly soaked in foam. "Soooooooo, yeah," Spike held up a soggy parchment, passing it to Twilight. "At least it isn't burnt to ash!"

"I suppose, yeah." She held the parchment to the light. "Looks like these should all be recoverable. Good work on putting the fire out."

Spike rummaged through the dissipating foam. "I wonder what caused the fire though. Can spells activate themselves?"

"Sometimes," Twilight joined her assistant. "Usually the ones that do are on some sort of timer. Think explosive-free fireworks for example. You set the fuse timer in the spell itself, and after the assisting timer spell ends, that's when the fireworks go off."

"So do you think someone sent in a firework parchment with the batch of scrolls then?"

Twilight shrugged. "If it was the source of the fire then it'd surely be incinerated by now, so chances are pretty slim that we'd find anything left of it."

PreviousChapters Next