• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

PreviousChapters Next
Twilight's mind was screwed over by Celestia?

Twilight casually sat in the corner of her room, smiling as she re-read "Theories of Equestrian History" for the seventh time in a row. It was quite an interesting book, taking into account as it appeared to be lacking several topics from near-prehistoric events. The mare flipped the page. She was now staring at the full-color, two-page image of a smiling Princess Celestia.

Only, this chapter was supposed to be about the history of horse pants.

And still, Celestia sat in her brilliant printed glory, right atop the original image of the first pair of jeans ever created.

Confused, Twilight rubbed the page with a hoof. Nothing happened. She tried flipping back and forth through the pages. Yet still, nothing happened. Finally, she simply eyeballed the page. That was when she noticed the smile.

It wasn't any normal, kindhearted smile that she'd seen on her mentor's face before. This was more of a mocking sneer, as if a horrible joke had been told, and yet everypony still laughed. In fact, now that she thought of it, wasn't the image of Celestia facing away from the chapter title just a few seconds ago?

...And her eyes were probably not filled with a devilish reflection of Twilight either.

Taking into account the fact that she had been up for two days and six hours, Twilight decided that it was just some sort of trick that her eyes were playing on her. As such, she continued reading, unaware of the alicorn watching her from the window.


Finishing the book, the mare carefully placed the tome back onto its respective shelf. Celestia still patiently hovered just outside the window, watching intently as her plan fell into place.

Just as Twilight nudged the book back into place, it quickly flew back out with an accompanying "pop" sound. Raising a brow, Twilight pushed the book back in, only for it to once again be sent flying off to some unknown destination.

Specifically, Spike's face. And it stuck.

"MRRPHLRPF!" Spike yelped as he stumbled backwards. He took another step back, and knocked over a painting, before falling on his behind.

Without a word, Twilight sighed and floated the book off of Spike's face. At least, that's what would've happened if it weren't for the fact that the book remained on Spike's face. Instead, Spike dangled helplessly in the air as Twilight continued in attempt to separate him from the book.

"Get... off... him! Ugh!" Twilight grunted as she began to physically tug on the book, all to Celestia's amusement. Then, an idea flew into her mind.

And with that, the Princess took off for Rarity's boutique.


Moments after Twilight had successfully retrieved the book from Spike's face, Rarity slammed the door open.

"TWILIGHT!"

Twilight grunted as she turned to face the mare.

"What?" she snapped, the book still in her grasp.

"CHANGELING! BOUTIQUE!" The unicorn shouted, before proceeding to faint immediately.


Two minutes earlier...

"So, what do you want me to do again?"

Celestia shoved Thorax further towards Rarity's boutique.

"Just pretend to be one of those changelings that ponies say have never changed back. Heck, be Queen Chrysalis for all I care!"

"But what if I don't?" Thorax replied, stopping in his tracks.

Celestia narrowed her eyes. The sky suddenly grew dark as her shadow loomed over the former changeling.

"You don't want to know what'll happen."

Thorax sighed, shaking his head before continuing his way towards the shop, morphing into Queen Chrysalis as he did so.


"Thorax?!" Twilight exclaimed as she tackled the supposed Queen of Changelings.

Thorax deadpanned at the sight of Twilight.

"Look, I can explain."


Celestia sipped her tea as she watched her student's logic slowly crumble from afar. For Twilight, she had known and trusted her mentor for so long that to her, it seemed utterly impossible for Celestia to have pranked her in such a way.

And then Celestia realized something.

Following the realization, she turned to face a worn image of a newborn Twilight in a royal crib.

Author's Note:

Don't mind me as I leave an obvious transition leading to the next chapter. :rainbowwild:

PreviousChapters Next