• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,446 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,446

PreviousChapters Next
it started all over again?

Author's Note:

Thanks for three years of "What If..."-ing! Here's to yet another year of unfiltered insanity! :pinkiecrazy:

At long last, after countless years of first studying in the Royal Canterlot Archives, then subsequently running out of reading material and resorting to writing her own eye-candy, Twilight set down her quill.

She blinked, staring at the tower of pages before her, each one its own story.

"Holy crap, I wrote this?!" she grumbled, raising her brow high enough for it to gain flight.

"Yes, you have indeed written us, mother," the pages replied, leading to a full-scale freakout of epic proportions on Twilight's behalf.

"I... I think I need to go outside for a bit."

~~~~~===+++{(Just a few steps outside) Twilight's Castle}+++===~~~~~

Twilight stepped outside, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the soft rays of light warming her face. A gentle breeze brushed past her mane as she took another step.

She let out a sigh that she never even knew was coming. It had been years since she'd seen the sun, ever since she had started the laborious task of writing stories herself. For the first time since those three years, she finally relaxed. All at once, she felt like everything she ever worried about had melted away.

And then she remembered the literary embodiment of a garbage fire that she'd just written.

She opened her eyes again, a strange smile spreading across her face as she turned to kick in her own door.

"SPIKE!" she hollered, panting heavily as she picked off splinters of her front door from her coat, "I NEED YOU TO FIND ME A BOX OF MATCHES AND A CAN OF GASOLINE, NOW!"

It had become increasingly normal for Spike to hear Twilight slam the door open and yell something, and so he simply hopped down the stairs, a book still in hand.

"What did you just ask for?" he frowned, looking up from his sneaky Rarity pics comic book highlights scrapbook, "I think I misheard, but don't tell me you just asked for highly flammable material in a library."

"YES, YES I AM INDEED ASKING FOR HIGHLY FLAMMABLE MATERIAL IN A LIBRARY," Twilight boomed, "I HAVE A BURNING DESIRE TO PURGE MYSELF OF THE TRAINWRECK CURRENTLY SITTING ON MY DESK. THE THING IS POSSESSED, Y'KNOW."

"Um--"

"KILL IT WITH FFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIRRRRRREEEEEE!"

"Twilight, are you oka--"

"FIRE!" Twilight hollered again as her mane began to sproink out in various directions.

A giant hand from out of nowhere suddenly broke through the window for the sole purpose of giving Twilight a much-needed slap on the face.


"Twilight, why did you just write about yourself being slapped in the face by a giant disembodied hand?"

Twilight froze, covering up as much of the parchment as possible with her hooves as she spun around to face Spike.

"Uh... what if?" she chuckled nervously.

PreviousChapters Next