• Published 6th Jan 2016
  • 8,445 Views, 5,521 Comments

What If... - TheMajorTechie



A buncha stories based off of random "What if?" questions. Eight years old and one thousand chapters long. Holy crap. BROKE THE 1000 CHAPTER LIMIT WITH A 1001ST CHAPTER!!!

  • ...
58
 5,521
 8,445

Chapters Next
Supplemental: List of things I actually know enough about to write chapters for in this story (terribly outdated. I'm even more clueless now.)

Author's Note:

Yup, gotta do this at this point. I really have very little knowledge in pop culture outside of memes and small references.

This chapter's literally just assorted lists of what I can and cannot write.

Keep in mind that this story is rated E! I will not write anything that contains any explicit mature themes.


Also, here's the old long description:

What if Sombra was good?
What if Starlight Glimmer had never gone mad over cutie marks?
WHAT IF POTATOES RULED THE EARTH?!
All this, and a small collection of other short stories, all based off of random "What if?" questions.


Suggestions for chapters are open, but remember to leave space for others! Keep in mind that I decide whether or not to use idea suggestions, and if you want a crossover, check this big ol' Twilight-grade list first!


How 'bout y'all take a gander at some spinoff stories?
What If...? by PixelMoon


FEATURED 2/15/2017! THANKS! :pinkiehappy:
And again 3/21/2017!
Aaaand it's gone. Wait a sec-- it's back. Wait. Nope. Okay then. That happened.

Twilight Sparkle burst through the fabric of reality and landed on her face. She let out a groggy groan as the imploded fragments of a door landed on top of her.

List subject to updates and additions. Entries on these lists are in no particular order. Also terribly outdated.

Also, commentary!

I'ma do it.

  • MLP:FiM seasons 4-5 (Really didn't bother to start from the beginning, outside of some season finales.)
  • Any of my own story universes (especially the ones that began life as writing experiments in this story.)
  • Angry Birds (Yup. Still play it.)
  • Minecraft (MINE MINE MINE THE DIAMOND)
  • Bloons Tower Defense (10+ years and still playing!)
  • The history of various tech companies (Microsoft, Apple, etc.)
  • Super Mario Bros (2D games only)
  • Old 1990s-2000s era Thomas & Friends (and Hero of the Rails. Loved that movie back when I was like 10.)
  • Spongebob (I watched the episodes out of order, and I have no idea what's going on anymore.)
  • Plants vs. Zombies 1 (I used to draw comic strips of a TV show called "Newsweek Plants" in 3rd-5th grade.)
  • Webkinz from its heyday (Still have my account. Wanna friend me while the game crashes again?)
  • Michael Vey series (I own books 1-3, signed by the author back when I was in middle school. This is actually what originally inspired me to write.)
  • One Punch Man season 1
  • Violet Evergarden (THE FEELS.)
  • Saiki K. (this is what I was watching during my month-long hiatus. It was what ate my writing time on Netflix.)
  • To Be Hero (though, it's been a while since I've watched it.)
  • Inuyasha (First anime I ever watched. Might be a little rusty on details though.)
  • Wreck It Ralph
  • The Lego Movie (Watched both the original and the sequel.)
  • She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Several years ago the local kids' TV channel started airing the original He-Man and She-Ra episodes back-to-back on Saturday nights. My sister and I were both hooked, and my mom started talking about how she grew up with those shows. The reboot of She-Ra is on Netflix, and I like it.)
  • Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts (It was good)
  • Promare (Heckin' good anime about firefighting and moral grey areas)
  • BNA: Brand New Animal (I like it. Good anime.)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (Original & Brotherhood remake) (I used this as an escape from thinking about midterms and I'm glad I watched it.)
  • Vivy Fluorite-Eye's Song (I've never seen anything dive so deep into the question of AI and the ethics surrounding it before.)

Generally not recommended for writing chapters about. There's a good chance I won't write a suggestion based on these simply because I have very little knowledge of them or am simply disinterested.

  • Sonic (Just not interested whatsoever, but the backstory's kinda interesting.)
  • Legend of Zelda (I only have Ocarina of Time through my Wii's virtual console, and I've been stuck on getting Epona for the past two years.)
  • Pokemon (7.8/10 too many Pokemon for me to remember enough about to write anything coherent)
  • Marvel/DC universe (I've watched like three movies from both respective universes, and nothing more.)
  • The Man in the High Castle (Haven't had time to finish watching it. The episodes are long.)
  • Harry Potter (I watched one movie when I was like 7. Does that count?)
  • Youtube and Youtube trends (Do you think I keep up with what goes on? I spend most of my time just streaming music from Youtube. And Smash tournaments.)

I have had practically no gaming life outside of casual games, and even then I still have no gaming life. Also, yeah, I don't watch very many things either. I just binge through an entire show and stop at that in most cases, and that's when I even watch something in the first place. AKA I have near-0 experience in any of these.

  • Real people (Don't know much pop culture, and it gets awkward as heck when I try. Exceptions may apply.)
  • Undertale (I am the only person in my friend group that has never played Undertale at least once.)
  • FNAF series (not into creepypastas, probably never will be.)
  • Portal series (I know a few memes though, and that really applies to everything in this collection of lists.)
  • GTA (But I do know its development history all the way back to the beginning. That count?)
  • Halo (or really any other First-Person Shooter. I'm just not the kind of person who likes those games.)
  • Your OC's life story (yet :trixieshiftright:)
  • Fallout (I have Fallout 1 but I lost interest.)
  • Relatively-unknown real-life events (Local sports games, regional competitions, etc.)
  • Clash of Clans (Never played it, and I don't know anything beyond what the ads in Angry Birds kept showing over and over.)
  • Any Battle Royale game that isn't Minecraft Hunger Games (Yup.)
  • Rick and Morty (I just know memes.)
  • Star Wars (Never really was all that into it.) haha guess who likes star wars now lmao
  • Star Trek (Same as Star Wars)
  • Gravity Falls (Don't watch much TV.)
  • Bendy and the Ink Machine (Only ever watched Matpat's game theories on the game.)
  • Steven Universe (Same as Gravity Falls)
  • Ghostbusters (Once again, I am uncultured and don't watch much of anything.)
  • Jojo's Bizzare Adventure (Only reason why I know it exists at all is because my friends were meme-ing it up.)
  • Counter Strike (any game from the series)
  • RWBY
  • Red vs. Blue (I'm only aware that this and RWBY exist, and an occasional meme on top of that.)
  • South Park (Again, I hardly watch anything)
  • Anything relating to sports (Same as above)
  • Doki Doki Literature Club (oof)

Disclaimer: suggestions still must follow site rules, and suggestions that would potentially push the story above its "E" rating must be discussed before I use them. Other than that, happy reading! :pinkiehappy:

Chapters Next