• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 20,932 Views, 39,575 Comments

The Chase - kudzuhaiku

  • ...
453
 39,575
 20,932
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 254 )

:derpyderp1: - Oh dear.

That's putting it mildly:pinkiesad2:

So many different magics swirling around inside him.
Piling up one after the other.

Oh! Are we on the downswing then?

7721830

No. Just a little bump.

Seems like Bucky was trying to lighten the mood and make himself feel better.

As much as Bucky was hurt, I think what Sentinel said was something he needed to hear. Yet another reminder that something is wrong. It's one thing to hear it in your own head, it's another to hear it from someone who looks up to you.

Beatific ? That's a word you don't hear every day. I had to google that one.

It means blissfully happy, by the way.

7721951

How else does one describe a pegasus in her nest?

7721910
Thing is, Bucky was working AGAINST Harmony even before he ended up in the warp. His Purpose is to DESTROY EVERYTHING. Fighting against it is making him basically more and more Disharmonious... WOW THAT IS A WORD! Sentinel Exploding at him for doing something that isn't in lime with Harmony is like saying he should give in, Ascend, and Destroy everything.

7721993 Uh, I didn't say anything about him working against himself or harmony. My point is that Sentinel pointed something out that Bucky didn't want to hear, but needed to.
But since we're on the subject; Bucky chooses to be disharmonious to himself because he wants a harmonious world. Sentinel's explosion, if anything, is a reminder that to him that he is fighting, or is supposed to be, the chaotic nature of his destiny. Not to mention he should have noticed his son was not comfortable with him doing it and should have stopped when asked, rather than say it was harmless. I suppose new alicorns are sensitive to disruptions of the natural order.
And Bucky is fighting FOR harmony, not against it. He has been for a while. By denying his destiny, and going as far as he can against it, he's done pretty much nothing but expand harmony by removing disharmonious sources, weakening himself, a source of great chaos.

7721969 I absolutely wasn't complaining. I love learning new stuff.

7722051
Harmony needs a little Chaos, As shown a long while back that the Element of Laughter is infused with a minor spirit of chaos, since if it wasn't, they would no longer be balanced and be about nothing but absolute Order, as the Mirror Travelers have with their Elements. A little bit of localized Chaos isn't going to fuck up the world, otherwise Fluttershy and Discord would be in trouble. Also Bucky doesn't get power from chaos, he gets power from hatred. If making the world more Harmonious made chaos being weaker, Discord would be in trouble. They draw their power from elsewhere. Bucky's made himself weaker by Destroying large concentrations of Hatred, like most of the Griffon Population, and then letting Twilight and others clean upo and spread friendship. Also likely made himself weaker by taking pieces of his own divine spark and using it in some of his various creations.

Denying Chaos is to unbalance Harmony and set it towards Order.

7722148 I don't disagree that chaos is needed. Harmony is the balance between order and chaos.
Since when has hatred not been chaotic in nature? Hatred often times leads to war, which, in and of itself, is chaotic. Emotions in general are chaotic. So, indirectly, Bucky gets his power from chaos, just a specific kind. Bucky is removing removing hatred, which in a way removes chaos. He is bringing harmony by destroying the bad forms of chaos, because, as it is, the world is way out of harmony. Such a removal would probably be nothing more than a drop in the bucket for Discord, as there are so many other sources.
So I understand why he would see localized chaos as 'harmless,' and it is. But since he is already so chaotic in nature (as War), and he is trying to deny his destiny, Sentinel's outburst is a reminder that he already is denying the natural order. Doing so further, he is become too much chaos and not enough order.
I think it's mostly he needed to hear that others (especially within his family) are uncomfortable with chaos (coming from him), and he needs to tone it down. Especially for a budding alicorn, who is sensitive to it.

he was tellin bucky off for messing with reality.......... in a reality that is already fucked up and is run by a utter sociopath i dubbed cosmic pants, and fate is controlled by three other sociopaths that just so happen to not want to kill everyoen and everything. but in a sense are responsible for several needless deaths here and there.

making gravity weird bothering him is rather hypocritical.

7722216

That's not what happened here, not really.

Well, admitting you made a mistake is the first step to fixing it.

It seems like every chapter of this story has some ulterior message if you look for it.

I really rather doubt that the mirror image was just a reflection, or even something that Bucky himself did. I suspect machinations of other parties.

7724270

And you are partially correct. But that which is responsible came from within Bucky.

Time for me to reread from the beginning :D

Congratulations Kudzuhaiku. You managed to create a story so deep that the comment section explores deep philosophy.

7724603

I tried, I tried.

7724606
I daresay you've succeeded.
Have a Derpy; :derpytongue2:

7727288 A glacier is formed by a small body of water freezing over, as more water flows into it, it's mass grows to the point it finally starts to slip downhill but at extremely slow rate. More water from the resulting stream bed behind it keeps feeding more ice into it, as parts break off the front and melt away so it will seem that the glacier isn't moving but it is.

... well my good sir congratulations on have the most words a fimfiction story has ever had jeeeeeeeeeeesus

It took me 4 weeks and 5 days but I have reread every chapter of The Chase as well as a new one.

I feel like I should have won a t-shirt.

Or a free steak dinner.

I seem to have misplaced the feeling of accomplishment I told myself I'd have at the end of this.

Instead, I just have 112 unread chapters in my favorites list.

This can't be the way the ordeal ends for me.

...........

*clicks Chapter One in a wide-eyed attempt to feel something*

7733626 shouldn't it rather be in to
like handing yourself in to the police?

or is that not what was meant?

So.
Random thing I just realized.
Sombra has some similarities to Vlad the Impaler.

Just found a music piece as an ideal setting for a creepy chapter sometime.

7744602
A couple weeks ago i came to the realization that my hate of tea is likely born out of the time i was forced to drink old Asian green tea. You know, the kind that comes in a super compressed brick that you're supposed to shave very small bits off of? Instead the person had broken off a chunk of it and put it in. So i think it was more of a sort of trauma than any actual dislike for tea. I recently tried some sort of blueberry tea that wasn't so bad, so if i find a flavor i like i may start to drink it.

the worst achievement of man. A fanfiction based on a tv-y show that is 2 million fucking words

7757911
I think it's less that they're uncomfortable with the person, and more that the brain is unsure how to process that particular sensation, so it panics.

4 weeks and a day ago, I dove into The Chase.
Such ride. Much wow. :verydoge:
This is a spectacular story. One that I absolutely plan to keep up with

7779214
Indeed we'll have to... whenever I get back into reading this monster of a story, CHRIST.
So many chapters :fluttercry:

7779171 Sacrifiing your freedom on the alatar of complacency... because, see, the real test of someones character usually begins after they are put in power. So once you have done away with that pesky democracy, where people are actually required to think for themselves - the cheek of it! - it is pretty hard to get rid of your unelected tyrant "benevolent dictator".

For every Vetinari you get oh so many Hitlers.

7779434

Ponyville has more mares than stallions.

Canterlot , cloudsdale, manehatten, crystal empire, applelucious etc all seem to have more even numbers. Proximity to the ever free forest maybe somehow thinning the Ponyville stallions?

Also a 5-1 mare ratio where most couples are mologimous would mean every breeding couple would need an average of at least 7 children, for all tribes. Definitely not implied to be the norm in the show.

7786225
Whoah uhm... hmm... I think I read up until the comment you just replied to.
And I read all of the Catch before reading further on this one.

779083
And how do you know your plans dosnt fit into God's Agenda? No one knows Gods plan. But the point is there is a plan.

7790853 He better have one because this world is going to shit pretty darn fast...

7791018 Jesus talk about speed dating

7796063 This is not a book. This is the equivalent of a whole goddamn series of like 10-20 books.

7798986
I can see that, and it's honestly the draw for me. I probably would have stopped reading The Chase a while ago if the improvement as the story progressed wasn't noticeable, but there's something fascinating about watching how an author improved over time as their work continued.

*sighs*
Totally reread the chase from chapter 1 all the way through.
Every. Single. Flipping. Chapter.
2.3 million words.
Four weeks or so.
I am POOPED.
NOW FOR THE SIDE STORIES!

7800924 before I jump into this, I just read a blog detailing the longest stories on the sight, as well as their overall round logistics, can somepony here give me a good idea of what this is about before I dive head first into yet another 2 mil+ story?

I just finished Diaries of a Madman a few weeks ago, and this and Man of War are on my new book blacklist to X off.

So...is this a really good story? Or should I go hover around the over honey jars dotting this bizare landscape?

About to take on this one.

Send help if I don't come out after a year or two.

7801414
calling anything on this godforsaken horseporn fansite "good" is discomforting but the writing style is appealing, the characters are interesting, the plot is... a wild ride, and the main character is overpowered but Hey, He's A Sad Alcoholic so that makes it all better. all jokes aside, i think it's a great read as long as you don't like... care too much? the fedora and cheeto-dust sporting members of the site with a thing for critiques hate this story but its self-indulgent and worth it if you're just looking for a good time.

im very tired thats as good of a review i can do at 3AM

Login or register to comment