• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,901 Views, 7,933 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,933
 22,901

PreviousChapters Next
Horrible chemistry

Equestria. Canterlot. Equestria League Stadium. Afternoon.

The Canterot Tag Battle Competition was off to a rousing start. With Ash, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Applejack, Rarity and Scootaloo in the fray. Each of them had their own tag partners.

Ash and Fluttershy were the closest, pairing up. Twilight was partnered up with Aria Blaze, much to Adagio's chagrin. Applejack got Barry who was a surprise member in this competition for Ash. Spike partnered with Scootaloo, Pinkie Pie got Sunrise Sprint even if he wasn't so fond of it while Rarity and Ember became partners.

But by far, without a doubt, the most interesting one was between Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust. They had been partnered together. And while Spitfire and Daylight might seem like a power duo, the atmosphere that these two pegasi create is too great to ignore.

Aside from that, right now, Barry and Applejack would be up next in this competition. No one knew how Barry does in a double battle considering he's always been seen as a solo act. Their opponents would be two humans for this. After this match would be Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust teaming up and a few would follow involving Ash and Fluttershy and then the day would end. But right now, they were just eating and waiting for the next match to begin.

"So are you gonna mega evolve your Sceptile for the next one? Then we'd win no problem." Barry said to Applejack.

"I'm only gonna use Sceptile's Mega Evolution when it counts." Applejack replied. "Can't go around using it all the time. Do you even have Mega Evolution?"

"Nah." Barry slumped on the seat, drinking some soda. "But it'd be cool if I did...At least Ash doesn't have Mega Evolution so I'm okay."

"I would've thought you of all people would've had Mega Evolution before us." Rarity turned to Ash.

"Hehe." Ash scratched the back of his hair.

"But those 10 Master Balls. Seems like a steal, doesn't it?" said Fluttershy. "If anyone gets ahold of that then...they can have any Pokemon they want!" She gasped.

"I could catch some of the Pokemon I struggled a bunch with!" Barry's eyes were replaced with stars as he was thinking of all the possible Pokemon he could obtain. "I could get myself a Lucario! Or a Charizard! A Noivern! Or even a Legendary Pokemon..."

"I wouldn't go that far, pal." Applejack shook her head. It seemed impossible for someone like Barry to own a Legendary Pokemon. As if it would be a ripple in the universe and natural order.

"Why not? She's got one." Barry pointed over at Pinkie Pie, referring to her Mew. "Well, Mythical but you know what I mean."

"He's got a point." Pinkie nodded in agreement with Barry. As they discussed each other while waiting for the next match to start, Team Rocket, who were getting more food for people and ponies to eat in the stands overheard them.

They moved to a more populated area so that Audino wouldn't hear that. Her hearing is powerful after all, only weakened by crowd noises and other things that distracted her.

"For once the hyperactive twerp is right," Jessie whispered to James and Meowth. "Those Master Balls can catch anyone. If only it could catch Pikachu..."

"But on the bright side, certain Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are up for grabs, aren't they?" James replied. "What was that one we couldn't grab because we were scared? Arceus?"

"All of 'em. None of those top dog Pokemon were easy to reach." Meowth shook his head.

"In any case, any Pokemon we want will be Team Rocket property with just a single throw. Goodbye to complex inventions and traps." Jessie giggled. "Just think of all the ones we could catch for the boss."

"And how he'll love all of 'em." Meowth started thinking about Giovanni and how each Legendary Pokemon, around 10, could benefit him. "Picture this."


If there's one big power outage all over, ruining the boss' night, that's alright! Zapdos or Thundurus can sort it out with just a tickle of a jolt. Or how about sometime in the winter? It's too chilly to walk around or even do anything. Moltres and Reshiram have that covered. Some sweet music? Meloetta's the one. Boy, he could even wish for anything if Jirachi's around. And after we've got all those Pokemon he'll say;

"Thanks to that Meowth and friends I've got all the Quality of Life Pokemon I need. I think I'll have Jirachi grant them any wish they want. That's right!"


"And the wish will make us stinking rich!" They said together before James realized something.

"Hold on. Reshiram was in there right? Don't those two already have Poke Balls? And is it a good idea to steal from a place like this?" James asked.

"Pssh. Princess Celestia broke both Reshiram and Zekrom's Poke Balls, making them wild. But you're right. This place is nothing but Twerp Worship. And he won't stop until he stops us." Jessie bit her thumb. "Plus Fluttershy's not gonna be happy with us..."

"On the bright side, that forest's coming back real nice." Meowth snapped his paws. "That weird Castle of Two Sisters too. Once Zecora gets her hut back, we'll have our groove back in no time!"

"Wobbuffet!"

Just then, an alert went off, indicating that Barry and Applejack were up next. "That's our cue!" Barry jumped off the seat. "Let's smash this one!"

"Barry looks like he'll be a hoofful. Will you be okay?" Twilight asked Applejack.

"I'll be fine." Applejack said before walking off with the eccentric Sinnoh Trainer. But despite this, Applejack found Barry amusing since he carries this stride with him. Plus a dash of absolute confidence and bravado.

They entered the stadium with their names being announced and standing before the trainers. Apple Bloom, Granny Smith and Big Mac were within the stands, obviously here to cheer their family member on. Not much for Barry though.

"It's time for the next round in our A Block." The referee said. "Both sides please take out your Pokemon."

"Okay! Roserade, let's go!" Barry spun his armour around a bit before unleashing Roserade onto the field.

"Roserade!"

"Hmm...Golett. You go." Instead of Sceptile, Applejack chose Golett as her first choice. Golett has yet to partake in a Pokemon Battle so this would be a great first opportunity.

"Golett!"

"Come out, Sigilyph!" A young girl sent her Sigilyph out.

"Go, Quilladin!" And a young boy sent out his Quilladin.

"Quilladin!"

"Roserade? I'm familiar with a Roserade so this won't be so bad." Applejack said, referring to Roseluck's Roserade and how she and Sceptile have a bit of a rivalry. Even though Sceptile has won each battle so far.

"Battle, start!"

"Watch this! Roserade, use Fury Cutter!" Barry went first, raising his arm and giving the command.

"Rose...rade!" Roserade spread his arms out, coating them in a light green aura. The Bouquet Pokemon then focused his attention on Sigilyph.

"Golett, Shadow Punch!"

"Gol!" Golett pulls back one of its arms as purple and black energy appears around it and forms into its arm. Golett then brings its fist forward and released a black fist in the shape of Golett's fist.

"Quilladin, use Needle Arm!"

"Sigilyph, stop them with Air Cutter.

"Quil!" The Spiny Armor Pokemon had summoned thorns around its arms, swinging them wildly towards Roserade. Both Grass-Types ended up clashing with their physical moves.

They pushed each other back before clashing Fury Cutter and Needle Arm again as if they were using swords. As for Sigilyph, it had sent out razor-like wind, blocking Golett's Shadow Punch from getting close. Golett then pulled its shadow arms away afterwards as Roserade and Quilladin came to a stalemate.

"No damage yet, but that's fine!" Barry flicked his hair a bit. "Just watch us turn things around, right Applejack?"

"Guess so. Don't' know what to expect anyway." She replied as the young boy and girl looked at each other, thinking of a way to throw off their opponents.

"See, look at that!" Apple Bloom exclaimed. "Golett's new to this and it's going great! Applejack's good at that stuff, ain't she?!"

"She sure is." Ash agreed. "Golett's also been working hard to live up to Applejack's expectations when a day like this would come. Talk about great timing."

"Pikachu."

"Roserade! Let's try that Counter Shield trick that Ash uses! Petal Blizzard!"

"Rose...Rade-Rade-Rade!" Just then, Roserade got on his back, summoning a violent petal blizzard from his body as he had used the Counter Shield technique. Soon, there was a frenzy of sharp leaves spiralling everywhere.

"You know the Counter Shield too?!" Applejack pulled back.

"Took me 5 years and just last month to master it but it was worth the effort! I'm unstoppable with this thing!" Barry chuckled. "Don't get hit Applejack, it doesn't work well in double battles."

"Could've told me that first...Golett! Careful, ya hear?!"

"Gol-Gol!"

"Everyone's really taken your Counter Shield and using it to their advantage, huh, Ash?" Twilight spoke to Ash.

"Yeah. But really, it's Dawn who's to thank for this. If she never showed me that contest move, I would've never used it on Fantina and worked on it later."

"Pssh. Watch this." The young boy adjusted his glasses before smirking. "Sigilyph, Gravity!"

"Si...Gil!" Just to rain on Barry's parade, Sigilyph cast a powerful gravity field that went downwards. The field started from a high place, overlaying over Roserade's sharp leaves and intensifying the gravity. The leaves had been pushed down, hitting Roserade repeatedly.

"R-Rose!" Roserade cried out after being hit by her own leaves.

"Roserade!" Barry gasped as Golett got on its knees after this gravitational increase. The battlefield was now tailored to Sigilyph's and Quilladin's favour since they were unaffected by the gravitational field.

"Golett! You doing okay?!" Applejack asked, worried that Golett might be feeling weighed down by this heavy gravity pressure.

"G-Golett!" But, Golett could manage. Even if it wasn't a Flying-Type Pokemon, the pressure of gravity could still be felt. As well as for Roserade. The Automaton Pokemon stood firmly even under this pressure.

"Hm-hm-hm." The boy's glasses glistened. "We've heard about the Counter Shield and how it was popular here. So, I had my Sigilyph learn Gravity for this situation."

"He's right," Ash spoke as his friends faced him. "The Counter Shield works since it's like one big tower. All it does is go up in every direction. Gravity's the perfect way to counter it."

"Pika..."

"Yikes." Twilight grimaced. "There's a move for every scenario, isn't there?"

"Espeon."

"Now, Sigilyph, Psybeam on Roserade!"

"Go, Quilladin! Grass Knot on Golett!"

"Quilla!" Quilladin, usually slow, summoned vines from the ground as they swapped around Golett's leg. It had a better overall speed now thanks to the gravitational field that was only focused on Roserade and Golett.

Golett had then been slapped by the vines of Grass Knot repeatedly, taking super-effective damage while rolling on the ground while a beam of Psychic energy came out of Sigilyph.

"Dodge, dodge, dodge, Roserade! Then counter with Poison Jab!"

"R-Rose...!" But it was too late for that. The gravity field was too much for Roserade as he had been struck by Psybeam, taking super-effective damage as he rolled on the ground. He got up afterwards, holding his head.

"This victory's ours! A double attack on Roserade! Psybeam!"

"Quilladin, Grass Knot!"

Both opposing Pokemon went for Roserade, aiming to take him out with simultaneous attacks. Roserade growled ready to take the attacks head-on as he was not showing any fear.

"That won't stop us! Roserade, use-"

"Golett, jump in and use Shadow Punch!" Applejack suddenly interrupted Barry.

"Gol!" Golett got in front of Roserade, acting as his shield. The Automaton Pokemon put its hands out, summoning two shadows out of them. One shadow hand punched the beam of Psychic energy while the other grabbed Quilladin's vines. Golett then used the shadow hands to toss them aside.

"Huh?" Barry froze for a second.

"Rose?"

"Barry. Your Pokemon's obviously stronger than mine right now. I can't do too much, so I'll be your shield." Applejack said. "Go for it!"

"Oh...Nice, nice!" Barry liked Applejacks' approach as he rubbed his hands together. "Petal Blizzard!"

"You're still slower than us with that field! Sigilyph! Heat Wave!"

"Get in there and protect Roserade, Golett! Shadow Punch!"

"Gol!" Golett then jumped in, being Roserade's shield as he took the scorching flames, receiving little damage thanks to his Ground-Typing.

"Go...lett-lett!" Golett, after powering through Heat Wave, unleashed a flurry of Shadow Punches that went back and forth of hitting Sigilyph. The Avianoid finally took some major damage as it was knocked back.

"Quilladin! Gyro Ball and make sure to stay away from the field!"

"Ladin!" Quilladin then came into the fray, spinning its body around and utilizing its slower speed for greater power. Golett, after hitting Sigilyph, was then whacked by Quilladin's spin getting knocked back. Quilladin made sure to Golett while staying away from the field. Wouldn't want to be pressured by intense gravity as well.

"Gol!" But, since it was a Ground-Type, Golett still took little damage. But it was starting to feel the effects of this battle taking a toll on it. Golett could only act as a body shield for so long. Plus, the gravity was just torturing right now.

"Rose!" Roserade then used Petal Blizzard as it had met with Qulladin's while it was still spinning. The blizzard picked his fellow Grass-Type up from the ground, spiralling Quilladin around.

"Q-Quil!"

Quilladin fell to the ground afterwards, feeling a bit dizzy before recovering. Neither side was giving an inch. Even with this gravitational field forcing Roserade and Golett to feel slower.

"Hold on." Applejack then narrowed her eyes, noticing the scenario and how she could use it. Sigilyph had the advantage with its Flying-Type status. However, if brought towards the gravitational field, that could change. The opposing Pokemon were avoiding the field after all. "I got it!"

"Got what?" Barry asked as Applejack whispered into his ear. After hearing what she had hatched, Barry nodded in agreement. This plan sounded good. "Wow! That's simple yet useful!"

"Golett! Shadow Punch!"

"Gol!" Instead of jumping ahead, Golett had put its arms, summoning a shadow arm that raced after Sigilyph. The goal was to grab the Avianoid Pokemon.

"I think not! Air Cutter!"

"Quilladin, stop them with Needle Arm!"

"Roserade! Use your thorns!" Barry ordered. Applejack's plan had been revealed. She was the one who taught Roseluck that Roserade had hidden thorns within the bouquet, able to be used at any time. And now was a good time as Barry had rarely thought about that before.

"Roserade!" Out of Roserade's flower hands, two thorns came flying out, wrapping around Quilladin's arm. Before Quilladin could even do anything, it had been restrained by Roserade's thorns, allowing Golett to continue.

Shadow Punch clashed with Air Cutter with no interruptions. Only for Golett to utilize the second shadow arm, sending it forward. Sigilyph and the boy gasped as the Avianoid Pokemon had been grabbed by it, too focused on the first arm.

"Sigil!?"

"Come here!" Applejack exclaimed.

"Golett!" Golett then forced Sigilyph towards its location by using Shadow Punch to drag it over. Sigilyph was powerless to stop this drag as super-effective energy was also going through its body. Quilladin was then tossed aside by the thorns as it was too late to save Sigilyph.

Now Sigilyph had been affected by Gravity. And it was made worse for the Avianoid Pokemon since Gravity is most useful on Flying-Types and allows Ground-Type moves to hit. Not a good sign for Sigilyph.

"Hehe. Your ours now, pal." Barry and Applejack gave synchronized grins along with Roserade, gazing at Sigilyph with malicious intent.

"S-Sigil...!" A sweatdrop came to Sigilyph as all at once, Barry and Applejack made the order.

"Poison Jab!"

"Shadow Punch!"

"Rose...!" Roserade and Golett simultaneously pulled their arms back, ready to slug Sigilyph like there was no tomorrow.

"Sigilyph! Uh-uh-uh! The young boy didn't anticipate something like this happening at this moment as he was struggling to find a move to counter this.

Too late to find out which move would work as Sigilyph was met with a double smack to the face by Shadow Punch and Poison Jab. With two heavy hits, the Avianoid Pokemon was sent flying in Quilladin's direction.

"Catch Sigilyph, Quilladin!"

"Quil!?" Quilladin caught Sigilyph. Barely. It slid on the ground, trying to maintain the weight.

"Game over! Petal Blizzard!"

"Rose...Rade!" Roserade then unleashed one last Petal Blizzard while Quilladin was holding onto its partner. The Spiny Armor Pokemon gasped, witnessing a violent blizzard of pink petals coming its way.

And just like that, they had both been struck by the petals, spiralling in the air as everyone looked up. Afterwards, both fell to the ground, cashing. They had fainted.

"Quilladin and Sigilyph are unable to battle! Thus the victors are Roserade and Golett!"

"Haha! I got a bit worried there!" Barry chuckled, putting his hands on his waist. "Awesome job, AJ! Those thorns came in handy, didn't they?"

"Sure did. I know a good friend of mine who knows how to use 'em!" Applejack and Barry gave each other a high-hoof-five in respect.

"That's me!" Within the crowd, Roseluck could be heard as Applejack's family celebrated her victory in the A Block. And so did her friends.

"Gravity's always been a problem for everypony, but good thing there's a way around it." Twilight nodded. "Forcing the opponent to taste its own Gravity is clever!"

"Guess I don't need to find a way to stop the counter to my Counter Shield after watching those two." Ash approved of this, getting inspired from this battle.

"Pikachu."

"Now it's us." Rainbow Dash looked at Lightning Dust who slumped on a nearby seat. It would now be their time to battle against the next trainers. Their synergy compared to everyone else was not the best. Applejack and Barry gave respect to their opposing trainers before walking off.

Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust soon made their way to the field. At the same time, Celestia used her telepathy spell to contact Luna from far away.

"Luna. Where are you? You missed out on registering for the Tag Battle Competition. You can still come by and watch it."

"Sorry. Occupied. There are apparently rare Pokemon sighted ever since Ghetsis changed most of the gateways. I'll be home by tonight and raise the moon."

"Okay. See you soon."


It was time for this battle to commence and a few others to end the first day off. Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust up against two unicorns. They looked to be related as one seemed to be a younger version of the other.

"I'm feeling pumped for this. I know who I'll start with first." Rainbow Dash spoke with a smirk before holding out her Poke Ball, throwing it with her feather. "Let's do this Mienfoo!"

"Mien...Foo!" After emerging, Mienfoo let out her battle cry to assert dominance as always.

"Go, Incineroar!" Lightning Dust revealed her Pokemon in the form of the Heel Pokemon Torracat.

"Incineroar!" But Incineroar let out a greater roar than MIenfoo, startling her. Mienfoo covered her ears afterwards.

"M-Mien...?!"

"Come out, Simipour!" The opposing trainers sent out their Pokemon next.

"You too, Aromatisse!"

"Simipour!"

"Aromatisse!"

"Get ready, Lightning. This could be tough," said Rainbow Dash after observing the opposition. One Water-Type to deal with Incineroar and a Fairy-Type to handle Mienfoo. These were great counters.

"With Mienfoo, tough is right." LIghtning Dust snapped back.

"Incineroar's not great in this either, ya know." Rainbow turned to Lightning. "Not with Simipour out."

"Yikes. Fairy and Water." Spike winced. "With those two Pokemon out, this'll be hard to watch. And long too."

"And it doesn't help those two are partners." Twilight sighed, shaking her head. But Ash stayed optimistic about this. He had seen this scenario before. WIth him and Paul.

"As if I didn't have anything planned for Water-Types." Lightning smirked before looking ahead. "Just watch me."

"Battle Start!"

"Our time to shine! Aromatisse, Trick Room!"

"Aroma!" Aromatisse put her hands out, summoning a giant purple box that encased everyone within it. By doing so, Aromatisse had twisted the dimensions, making slower Pokemon faster. And Aromatisse was certainly a slow Pokemon so this helped in her favour.

"Trick Room, huh? Not bad. But we can work around it!" Rainbow Dash stayed confident as always. "Let's smack that Simipour silly! Use Force Palm!"

"Mien...Foo!" Mienfoo bolted off the ground, covering her paws in an orange light as she lunged towards Simipour.

"Simipour, Aqua Tail!"

"Simipour!" Simipour covered his tail in a veil of water before turning around. Aqua Tail had clashed with Force Palm as the Martial Arts Pokemon jumped back, going for another hit.

"Mienfoo!" Mienfoo then started clashing with Simipour's tail, trying to hit the rest of the Geyser Pokemon. But they reached a stalemate, separating from each other.

"Not yet." Rainbow Dash bit her hoof. "Let's try Acrobatics then!"

"I'll show you how to hit your mark, Dash. Darkest Lariat!"

"In...cine!" Incineroar then took off from the ground, almost blowing Mienfoo away with the shockwave it made. The Heel Pokemon's hands then become covered in yellow-orange fire. It then started spinning rapidly while holding out its hands, going for Simipour.

"Mien? Mienfoo!" Mienfoo went ahead anyway, using Acrobatics as she lunged through the air.

"Aromatisse, Moonblast!"

"Simipour, use Brick Break!"

"Simi!" Simipour switched over to Incineroar instead of Minefoo. He raised his arm, covering his hand with an orange colour as he was ready to give the Heel Pokemon a nice and hard bonk to the head.

"Aroma...!" Aromatisse went before everyone else, unleashing a moon-shaped blast that came from the power of the moon itself towards Mienfoo. The Martial Arts Pokemon wasn't any faster with Acrobatics, unfortunately. But she could still cancel it out and try and move in for an attack. If she could keep up with this speed.

"Foo!" And she could do that. Mienfoo kicked the incoming sphere of Fairy magic, cancelling it out before sliding on the ground. She then moved in for another Acrobatics, hoping to strike before Aromatisse before another Moonblast came along.

"Roar!" With Brick Break incoming, Incineroar could handle a super-effective hit that was coming his way either way. While he was slower thanks to Trick Room, he was still a durable Pokemon. And quick acting one too. Incineroar had put his hand out, grabbing Simipour's hand and promptly pausing Brick Break.

"Simi?!" Simipour gasped before being met with a muscular arm to the neck. "Pour!"

"Incineroar!" After stopping Brick Break, Incineroar continued Darkest Lariat, spinning around with Simipour along for the right. There was now a red and blue whirlwind.

"Throw Simipour at Aromatisse!"

"In...cine!" Incineroar had then sped up his spinning before aiming for Aromatisse. The Heel Pokemon released Darkest Lariat, sending Simipour towards his partner.

"Aro!" Aromatisse was about to use another Moonblast, summoning a second sphere as Mienfoo was close to her. She would be quicker if Trick Room wasn't active, but right now, she moved a mediocre pace more than anything.

But as Mienfoo got close, she and Aromatisse looked to the side, noticing Simipour approaching. Mien!" Mienfoo gasped as she quickly zoomed back with the last of Acrobatics. And due to this last-second dodge, she managed to avoid the incoming Simipour.

But not Aromatisse. She had been hit by her partner at full force considering how hard Incineroar threw him. A force like that from such a powerful Pokemon was to be expected as they went flying.

"Nice." Lightning Dust nodded.

"Watch it! You almost hit Mienfoo!"

"Can't hold back at all, Rainbow. If you're not giving it your all, you can't win." Lightning replied. "Now, Incineroar, Flare Blitz!"

"In!" Incineroar then covered himself in an aura of fire before charging right towards Aromatisse and Simipour. They were both still together after Incineroar launched them.

"Aroma?!"

"I got it! Simipour, Protect!" The stallion acted quickly on his feet.

"Pour!" Simipour stood in front of Aromatisse, putting up a green shield. Just in the nick of time and thanks to Trick Room. Incineroar had crashed into the shield, dealing no damage in the process as he slid back.

"You can't protect twice! Again! And then use Thunder Punch!"

"Roar!" After sliding back, Incineroar went for both of them while they were still together.

"Scatter, quick!" The young filly cried out. Simipour and Aromatisse were already on it as they went in separate directions. Just in time for Incineroar to miss his next attack.

"Not yet! Chase them down!"

"Incine!" Incineroar then changed directions with the aura of fire still around them as he would not let up for a second. Trick Room was delaying his speed, however. He then switched into Thunder Punch, ready to paralyze and deal super-effective damage as well.

"Too slow for us! Aromatisse, Substitute!"

"Aromatisse!" Aromatisse had stood there, seemingly allowing Incineroar to hit her. But in truth, she had vanished as Incineroar ended up hitting a clone.

"Roar?"

"Aqua Tail!"

"Simi!" Simipour then appeared in front of Incineroar after his attack hit a fake. With swift movements, he slapped the Heel Pokemon in the face with water, knocking Incineroar to the side.

"I-In!" Incineroar stuttered before rolling on the ground. He managed to recover swiftly.

"No hit yet! Darn it!" Lighting stomped her hoof.

"Hold on, Lightning!" Rainbow Dash paused her. "Double Battles aren't as straightforward as Single Battles. Incineroar can't do it alone."

"And I don't see you giving any new commands to your Mienfoo, Rainbow. Not really helping out much, are you?"

"This is Trick Room. Which means every slow Pokemon is fast and every fast Pokemon is slow." Rainbow Dash observed. "Incineroar's the slowest right now. Mienfoo and Simipour are tied. And that Aromatisse will beat us in speed without any problems."

"I know that. Duh. That's why I know how to beat Trick Room. If they wanna be faster, then I'll just have to put the pressure on until there's not enough time for them to relax."

"I guess that works..." Rainbow Dash thought about it for a second. Putting pressure on a fast Pokemon does end up resulting in something good. "Let's just try and combine Incineroar and Mienfoo together, or this could take forever."

"After how you stole my leader spot from me that one time. Forget it." Lightning retorted.

"You're still mad about that?!"

"Of course I am! And I'm not about to let you ruin this for me too! Cross Chop, Incineroar!"

"I didn't mean to- ugh, never mind!" Rainbow Dash groaned. "Mienfoo, Fury Swipes!"

"Incine!" Incineroar crossed his arms together before rushing in towards Simipour.

"Mienfoo!" Mienfoo revealed her hidden claws before dashing alongside Incineroar.

"Simipour, stop them with Water Pledge!"

"Simi...!" Simipour raised his hand before slamming it onto the ground. Giant pillars of water started emerging from the ground rapidly. They also started summoning rain.

"Aromatisse, Psyshock all around Water Pledge!"

"Roma! Roma!" Aromatisse then summoned multiple thick masses of light that raced alongside the pillars of water.

"Foo!" Mienfoo swiped at the masses of light, trying to push them back. But it was no use. The combination of Water Pledge moving everywhere on the ground made it difficult as the Martial Arts Pokemon had been overwhelmed. The same went for Incineroar.

While he did manage to cut through some of the water pillars, he couldn't stop them all. The Psyshock did nothing to him but that didn't matter anyway. It did do something to Mienfoo however as both Pokemon were knocked back by this move combination.

"How do you like our move combination? My sister and I worked hard to make it work." The stallion said.

"Lucky that we were chosen as partners, right big bro?"

"If I can't land a single hit, how am I gonna reach Spitfire?!" Lightning Dust growled.

"I told you! We need to work together! I know you're bitter about that whole leader thing but get over it already! At least for this!"

"This is what we were afraid of, weren't we? Grudges on the battlefield lead to such unpleasant circumstances." Rarity shook her head along with Pinkie Pie.

"Lightning's trying to do her own thing. And she looks good doing it." Twilight said. "But two against one isn't enough. Rainbow Dash and her can't' seem to find a good opening yet."

"Look. Sorry, okay?! But you totally wasted your spot after doing something so dangerous like that. You put my friends in danger." Rainbow Dash berated her. "And you're gonna lose this too by putting my friend and yours off-balance as well."

"Tch! I'll show you that I need just my Pokemon for this." But Lightning Dust wasn't willing to cooperate that much.

"2 on 1 won't work if both our opponents are just as good and smart. Just listen to me for a bit okay?" Rainbow Dash pleaded as Lightning Dust pouted, looking over at her fellow pegasus. She then started whispering a plan.

"Fine...What is it?"

"Okay." She whispered. "Incineroar can bypass Fairy-Type attacks thanks to being Fire and even Aromatisse's Psyshock for being Dark. Going for Simipour's a bad idea. Let Mienfoo handle him since she's got equal speed as him. Just swap and we should be good."

"I guess that works. Fine, we'll go with that one." Lightning chose to listen this time.

"Okay. We're done scheming! Let's go! Force Palm!"

"Incineroar, Thunder Punch!"

"Incineroar!" Incineroar bellowed before covering his hands in electricity.

"Mienfoo!" Mienfoo then jumped over Incineroar with a stylish frontflip, covering her hand in energy as she went straight for Simipour. After being jumped over, Incineroar ran towards Aromatisse. However, they would trick them by seemingly going for their disadvantages.

While they focused on certain Pokemon, everyone saw Mienfoo go after Aromatisse while Incineroar dashed at Simipour, seemingly a bad idea from a first glance. But all according to plan.

"Simipour, Brick Break!"

"Aromatisse, Moonblast!"

"Simipour!" Simipour ran at Incineroar with his hand also glowing, ready for a hard punch. Aromatisse formed a sphere of magic formed by the moon.

And that's when they switched. Incineroar and Mienfoo swapped with Mienfoo sliding under the Heel Pokemon. She slid towards Simipour, jumping off the ground and rolling through the air.

"Mien...Foo!" Mienfoo then ended up intercepting SImipour, striking his hand with her paws as Simipour gasped, not expecting Mienfoo to be the one he would interact with.

"Simi?!"

"Foo!" After her FIghting-Type move clashed with his Fighting-Type move, Mienfoo then followed up with her other paw, hitting Simipour's face with it."

"Pour!" Simipour cried out after being struck that hard. Mienfoo then kicked him away as Incineroar appeared in front of Aromatisse.

"Tisse?!" In the spur of the moment and with shock, Aromatisse unleashed Moonblast. But upon contact, Incineroar and his muscular build powered through it with neutral damage. After powering through it, he grabbed Aromatisse's face, showering it with electricity. "Aroma!"

"Incine!" Incineroar roared before then striking Aromatisse's stomach while she was being held. He instantly paralyzed her before tossing her into the air.

"A-Aroma!"

"Let's not waste any time! Acrobatics on Aromatisse!!" Rainbow Dash took Lightning Dust's advice on putting the pressure on. Something that Rainbow Dash was already good at doing.

"Mien!" Mienfoo then dashed ahead with Acrobatics. But she wasn't going for Simipour. Aromatisse was her target.

"Protect Aromatisse, Simipour!"

"P-Pour!" Simipour got up before seeing Mienfoo head towards Aromatisse. He was ready to protect her as a shield, utilizing the natural jumping strength of a monkey.

"Jump on Incineroar!"

"Mienfoo!" Mienfoo used Incineroar as a platform for Acrobatics. She jumped on his head, gaining a higher height.

"If anyone's knocking a Pokemon out it's me! Cross Chop!"

"Roar!" Incineroar followed after Mienfoo, using Cross Chop to move through the air. And with Cross Chop, he ended up hitting Mienfoo along the way, right on the back.

"M-Mien!"

"Ah! Mienfoo!" Rainbow Dash gasped, seeing Mienfoo take a hit while falling. She crashed onto the ground as Incieroar reached Simipour before he could reach Aromatisse.

"S-Simi?!" Simipour wailed before being struck in the stomach by Cross Chop. His always closed eyes didn't open. But if they did, they would right now as Simipour also fell out of the sky. And there was no one to catch Aromatisse either.

"Let's finish this with one Thunder Punch!"

"Incineroar!" Incineroar then sealed the deal by hitting Aromatisse while she was in the air with Thunder Punch. The Fragrance Pokemon crashed onto the ground alongside Simipour and even Mienfoo.

The Heel Pokemon then made a powerful landing with his eyes glowing within the smoke. The trainers gasped, wondering the state of their partners. Unfortunately, after such heavy hits from a powerful Pokemon, they had fainted. Along with Mienfoo.

"Simipour..."

"Mienfoo..."

"Aromatisse..."

"Simipour, Mienfoo and Aromatisse are all unable to battle! Which means the victor is Incineroar and still Mienfoo!" It had been decided.

"What was that for?!" Rainbow Dash snapped at Lightning Dust. "Incineroar took out Mienfoo!"

"All's fair in love and war. Mienfoo used Incineroar as a platform, didn't she?" Lightning smirked.

"Yeah but that was a way to get higher! She wasn't trying to hurt Incineroar!"

"Whatever. We won. That's that. Your plan wasn't so bad, even if I got the last hits in." She then gave a cocky grin, rubbing Rainbow Dash the wrong way.

"Well, they won. Not by flying colours, sadly." Fluttershy said.

"Not the best example of teamwork. But that one instance seemed well played." Rarity replied. "Will they be alright through it all."

"Hah. That's just an easy win staring us in the face." Barry grinned. "If we face them that is."

"It worked today, not sure about tomorrow." Twilight scrunched her face. "Rarity. You and Ember are batting tomorrow too, aren't you? Same as you. Spike. Pinkie."

"Yeah, we haven't had our turns yet. But when we'll do, we'll make it look good." Spike declared.

"Axew!"

"We're up soon, Fluttershy. Ready to go over what we learned at the Canterlot Gardens." Ash looked at Fluttershy.

"I sure am!"

"Audino!"

"From now on, stay out of my face." said Lightning Dust as Mienfoo was being held by Rainbow Dash.

"Get off it! We work as a team whether you like it or not! That's why you came here, didn't you? To team up with someone here."

"Mienfoo!"

"Just wish it wasn't you." She scoffed before recalling Incineroar. Incineroar gave Mienfoo a grin, irritating the Martial Arts Pokemon.

"Mien...!"

An unlikely team indeed. Rainbow Dash and Lightning Dust managed to pull off an impressive victory. Not to mention the victories of Barry and Applejack which were very impressive. The contestants are shortening with still so much time left for this as many have yet to battle. Only one team is coming out on top as the journey continues.


Chapter 569 End.

PreviousChapters Next