• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,809 Views, 7,931 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,931
 22,809

PreviousChapters Next
Three rivals for the fourth ribbon

Equestria. Appleloosa. Day.

It was time for the Appleloosa Pokemon Contest today. Many coordinators were showing up to this contest hall to receive their next ribbon which was the Appleloosa Ribbon.

And obviously showing up was Sweetie Belle, aiming to become the Top Coordinator in Equestria overall. And her friends and sister were here to support and watch her as always. The fourth ribbon was on the line for her.

And of course, the main announcer for every Pokemon Contest, Marian was here as the announcements were already being made. The lights opened up on the stage of the Appleloosa Contest Hall with them shining down on Marian. The crowd didn't just consist of ponies this time. Humans were also in the mix after months of getting comfortable.

"Ladies, Gentlemen and Gentlecolts, look around you," Marian spoke into the microphone. "Feel the excitement. With every step we take together, we make history. And history's about to be made again with today's Pokemon Contest! It's time for the Appleloosa Pokemon Contest."

With her words, the crowd had cheered, getting excited and pumped for what was to come soon. Ash and everyone had already taken their seats, waiting for the event to start. Team Rocket were also within the seats, right at the far back with a disappointed Jessie in the mix. She was a bit too late to register for the Pokemon Contest which made her fairly upset. But she was looking forward to next time.

Sweetie Belle had already registered herself as she was in the waiting room with her Pokemon. Today, she had made her selection of who she wanted to participate.

"Alright, Meowstic. You've just evolved so let's show them what you've learned, okay?" Sweetie Belle spoke to her Meowstic.

"Meow."

"It'll be a tag battle too, so Piplup, can you assist Meowstic, please?"

"Piplup!"

"Look at you already gaining prettier Pokemon." Through Sweetie Belle's eardrums was the familiar voice of a fellow filly unicorn who had a completely different persona when taking part in contests.

Premium Polish, of course. And beside her was her only bodyguard at the moment. The undercover Princess Flurry Heart of Empress Twilight's world. She was actually wearing the bodyguard outfit in the form of a black suit, shades and a ponytail mane style.

"Premium? And is that...Princess Flurry Heart?" Sweetie Belle squinted her eyes.

"Mhm. Now my official bodyguard for all Pokemon Contests? How neat is that?" Premium crossed her hooves. When taking part in contests, she takes her mother's advice and acts important and flashy as she can.

"Very neat." Sweetie Belle agreed.

"The guards didn't think I should be doing this but...it is kinda fun looking this cool." Sweetie Belle raised her glasses, winking at the young unicorn. "Still have to keep a low profile so that nopony spots and flocks to me."

"Just wait and see what we've learned," Premium smirked. "That Appleloosa Ribbon is mine."

"Oh yeah?" Sweetie Belle dashed over to Premium. "Well, we've learned some ninja tricks from Ninja Village. That's gonna wow everypony there."

"Ninja Village? Is that even a real place?" Premium raised an eyebrow.

"It totally is. Just been there yesterday for a few days." Sweetie Belle grinned.

"I hope I'm not interrupting my friends. But victory? That will be ours." And responding to Sweetie Belle and Premium Polish's words was the young earth pony from Themcolt known as Gelidity.

"Gelidity?" Sweetie Belle swivelled around.

"Hello again, Sweetie Belle. To be here again and possibly challenge you once more. What a fun thought." Once more, her unique way of speaking was still present here. While Sweetie Belle could understand it, Premium Polish was taking some time to get adjusted to it.

"Nice to meet you too again, Gelidiity." Sweetie Belle nodded. "But I'm the one who's gonna win!"

"Nuh-uh." Premium slid over. "That ribbon's staring me in the eyes! It's gonna look good in my case! You're not beating me a second time, Sweetie Belle!"

"The ribbon. That will belong to nopony else but myself. If I may." Gelidity responded with a calmer voice.

"Well, you three can go at each other's throats when the contest eventually starts, right?" Flurry Heart said to the three fillies. Only one of them could obtain that ribbon and neither will let the other get there before them.

"Correct. I shall prepare myself immediately." Gelidity walked off as the three fillies went their separate ways to prepare for the Appeal Stage.

"And now I have the honour of introducing our judges for today!" Marian spoke, moving her hand towards the table of the three judges. "First, our head judge and chief of the Pokemon Activities Committee, Mr Contesta!"

"Thank you." Mr Contesta responded. "I look forward to witnessing the fruits of all the coordinators training."

"Next we have the head of the Pokemon Fan Club, Mr Sukizo!"

"Hello, hello, Appleloosa. This whole place actually reminds me of home and my grandma's place back in the day. That's certainly remarkable!"

"And as a special guest judge, From Trottingham and Canterlot Boutique, Sassy Saddles!"

"This isn't my first time seeing a Pokemon Contest at all. But I'm expecting great things either way." Sassy spoke.

"Let's get things started. We'll begin with the always exciting Appeal Round!" Marian raised her arm. "Presenting our first coordinator now! Gelidity!"

And first up was Gelidity, appearing from the curtains while adjusting her mane. This time, ponies from her home at Themcolt were here to cheer the little earth pony on.

"Luck! We'll send it all to you, Gelidity!" The ponies of Themcolt cheered for their citizen.

"We evolved for this moment." Gelidity took out a Poke Ball, looking at it before tossing it into the air. "Please come out! Ninetales!"

"Ninetales!" Out of the Poke Ball came the evolved form of Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales as snowflakes also emerged once the ball had been opened.

"Hang on! Is that an Alolan Ninetales?!" This was Twilight's first time witnessing the Alolan form of Ninetales after witnessing Alolan Vulpix. She, the Mane 6 and Starlight took out their Pokedexes for this one.

"Ninetales. The Fox Pokemon. Alolan Form. Possessing a calm demeanour, this Pokémon was revered as a deity incarnate before it was identified as a regional variant of Ninetales. It creates drops of ice in its coat and showers them over its enemies. Anyone who angers it will be frozen stiff in an instant. The reason it guides people all the way down to the mountain’s base is that it wants them to hurry up and leave, but it won’t forgive anyone who harms nature."

"She's not the only one who evolved her ace? Oh, she could have something I'm not ready for...!" Sweetie Belle bit her hoof in anticipation.

"Ninetales, Moonblast!" Gelidity raised her hooves.

"Nine!" Starting off, Ninetales gathered energy from the moon itself, reaching the cosmos as the image of the moon appeared in front of her. But not just in front of her. More moon images had appeared. Ten pink energies in the shape of the moon had surrounded the Fox Pokemon from all sides.

"All of them! Scatter them with Extrasensory and use Aurora Veil!"

"Ninetales!" Ninetales' eyes then flashed a vibrant blue as she mentally held all ten Moonblasts with her mind, giving them the same vibrant blue aura as it mixed with the pink aura. The Fox Pokemon then mentally pushed the blasts into different directions as they trailed out pink and blue stardust and sparkles.

Afterwards, Alolan Ninetales cried out as her body becomes surrounded by a veil of rainbow-coloured aura. She then expanded that aura to the point where it engulfed the entire stage and the ten Moonblasts. Not only did it engulf them, but it also painted the Fairy-Type attacks with its aurora colours. The ten moons shined as they were now being altered to match the appearance of the cosmos themselves. The moons were essentially the planets, Aurora Veil was space and the stardust and sparkles were the stars.

"Have a look at that! It's like outer space!" Ash leaned forward along with everyone else looking up.

"Pikachu!"

"And like Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's mane! Neat!" Pinkie grinned.

"That certainly has a cosmic feeling to it." Mr Contesta said"

"Makes me want to take a trip to space myself with how beautiful that looked. Remarkable!" Mr Sukizo chimed in.

"Ten moons with just one move? Wish my Pokemon could do that. And if he could, it wouldn't look as good as that! Well done!" Sassy Saddles gave her own word.

Overall, Gelidity definitely impressed everyone without a doubt. Every time she shows up, she has something to offer. And her newly evolved partner is always there to make sure she stands out. The other coordinators were fairly intimidated by Gelidity. They were even nervous about what her other Pokemon could be considered this would be a tag battle.

Afterwards, every other coordinator came out to show off their own tricks. While not as stylish as Gelidity's cosmic showcase, they were eye-catching nonetheless.

Premium Polish was a part of this. Once it was her turn, she had sent out her Flareon for this with flames emerging from the thrown Poke Ball. "Get a good look at what Flareon can do! Flareon! Use Flare Blitz!"

"Flareon!" The Flame Pokemon stomped his paws on the floor, summoning a burst of scarlet flames that coated his body. After doing so, to everyone's surprise, Flareon turned around, charging towards Premium Polish. And Premium was just standing there unbothered as the Flame Pokemon tackled her, sending the little unicorn up.

Everyone gasped as they had witnessed Flareon hit his own trainer unexpectedly. All the while, Premium just kept a casual look on her face.

"That twerpette gipped my whole style...!" Jessie bit on her hair, pulling it. She is known for having her own Pokemon interact with her in contests when she was Jessilina. It was risky, but no one pulled it off better than Jessie. In fact, no one's ever pulled it off before.

Until now.

Premium Polish was knocked into the air as Flareon used the speed of Flare Blitz to lunge forward, also becoming airborne himself.

"Okay! Carry me Swift and then use Shadow Ball!"

"Flare!" To keep his trainer in the air, Flareon opened his mouth, shooting out multiple star-shaped rays while still using Flare Blitz. The rays of stars spun around beneath Premium, acting as a hurricane.

And like a hurricane, the speed of the stars created a wind pressure that managed to carry Premium Polish in the air. Now the young unicorn was hovering as Flareon then followed up with Shadow Ball. This Shadow Ball was extra large as it acted like a black hole, absorbing the stars of Swift.

But not only did it absorb them, but they also added their power onto the blob of shadows. A giant purple ball with stars glowing inside could be seen as it looked like Premium Polish was either standing on levitating over it.

"Well, well. That certainly reminds me of someone." Mr Contesta said with a slight chuckle. "Risky but effective, isn't it?"

"Mhm. Remarkable in its own way."

"I almost had a heart attack when I saw Flareon charge at her." Sassy Saddles let out a relaxed sigh while lowering her head. "But splendid either way!"

"Hahaha!" Premium Polish cackled as the Shadow Ball gently descended with the stars of Swift fading away. She felt proud of herself without a doubt. She even walked with pride, knowing how that she definitely dazzled everyone on that stage. She also felt confident of herself making it to the next stage.

"The next generation sure are something, aren't they?" Marian said whilst watching Premium leave the stage. "Well, next up, we have Sweetie Belle on stage!"

"Come on, Sweetie Belle!" Rarity cheered for her sister while waving a flag that had her face on it along with her friends in the crowd.

"My turn!" Sweetie Belle slid in, ready to show everyone what she's learned. And for this one, she chose to go for her Teddiursa. And once the Poke Ball was thrown, the symbol of moons started flowing out.

"Teddiursa!"

"Use Night Slash!"

"Teddi...!" The Little Bear Pokemon started by utilising Night Slash but in a different way. Instead of covering her paws in darkness or shooting out white crescent shapes, she used the same trick Greninja does. She formed a purple blade in her paws.

"Oho! That's Greninja's style!" Ash immediately recognized the look of that Night Slash.

"Pikachu!"

"Teddiursa!" Teddiursa then allowed the blades to expand in length as she then stuck them to the floor. There now looked like there were glowing purple towers on the stage.

"Now use Thunder Punch on the stage!"

"Ursa!" By forming electricity in her paws, the Normal-Type then smashed the Electric-Type attack to the floor, causing the volts to immediately start spreading. When they started flowing everywhere, not only did they colour the stage a vibrant yellow, but they also interacted with Night Slash.

The yellow volts from Thunder Punch surrounded the blades, giving them lightning sparks while also giving out a half-yellow, half-purple appearance with a neat symmetrical shape.

"Now let's use your new move! Power-Up Punch!"

"Teddi...Ursa!" Teddiursa lit both her paws up with an orange light, gathering Infinity Energy in them. She then struck both the purple and yellow blades at the same time, smashing them with Power-Up Punch.

The blades then shattered, but not before shooting out bolts of lightning upwards, lighting the stage up. As for the shattering blades, they scattered into multiple small and dazzling purple and yellow diamond-shaped shards, dropping like confetti.

That seemed to be a common theme with Sweetie Belle's moves. She's mostly known for showing off shards in a diamond shape. Fitting considering her big sister's Cutie Mark. It truly did work as everyone cheered in approval.

"That'll do it!" Marian nodded her head.

"Those shards may return but it's always nice to see them used in various ways" uttered Mr Contesta.

"Using a style of Night Slash that can only be seen by a Greninja and having them grow to match pillars is remarkable!"

"Forget that! The bear is absolutely adorable!" Sassy Saddles was more enchanted by Teddiursa's adorable appearance with her eyes being filled with hearts. And that was all the judges had to say as the next coordinators were making their appearances and performances.


Back at the waiting room.

"Hah..." Sweetie Belle sighed, sitting on the couch after her turn. "That Night Slash blade was pretty easy to get down. Teddiursa and I did it one night to make it work."

"Teddi."

"Is it possible? For you to teach me something like that?" Gelidity asked Sweetie Belle.

"The bladed Night Slash thing? Well, I guess I can...Just need a Pokemon that can hold stuff like blades, that's all. Y-You do have one, right?"

"Oh, my second Pokemon. The one that I am using for this tag battle. That is the one that can hold an object such as a blade without a doubt."

"Really? Who is it?"

"Please come out." By taking out a Poke Ball, Gelidity revealed her second Pokemon. And once it came out, it immediately flooded the space between Sweetie Belle and Gelidity with its size and made the floor tremble a bit.

That Pokemon was Nidoqueen.

"Nidoqueen!"

"Who are you?" Sweetie Belle took her dex out, aiming it at the Drill Pokemon.

"Nidoqueen. The Drill Pokemon. Nidoqueen’s body is encased in extremely hard scales. It is adept at sending foes flying with harsh tackles. This Pokémon is at its strongest when it is defending its young. It pacifies offspring by placing them in the gaps between the spines on its back. The spines will never secrete poison while young are present."

"Queen!" Suddenly, Nidoqueen picked up Gelidity, giving her a hug in front of Sweetie Belle and Teddiursa's eyes. "Nido-Nido!" She then spun around with Gelidity, making the floor shake while Sweetie Belle and Teddiursa bounced from the tremors.

"Sorry. Nidoqueen is really attached to me." Gelidity laughed. "Ever since I saved her life. Her love for me was made that day."

"Oh. What happened?"

"Oh. The story? Well..." Gelidity began thinking back to how she and Nidoqueen first met. And it was months ago, during the earlier days of the two worlds crossing over.


Twelve days it had been since the Pokemon met with our world. My family and I had been separated. Lost by the randomness of the Rift and everything. Somewhere unpleasant is where I ended up. Buried under snow. I was buried when trying to reach my home. I almost made it but the cold. It was far too strong.

Gelidity's body had been buried under the snowy landscape as a result of unfortunate teleportation from the two worlds crossing over. She had been in that snow for days, unable to call for her parents. Her body was freezing, even more than what she can usually take at her home in Themcolt.

The only way she was still standing was that she could still breathe in air. But her cold body meant that she would eventually perish. And no one could hear her too. After walking for so long, she was getting closer to Themcolt. But, since it had been days with her walking in the harsh cold, her goal might end up being robbed from her. It looked like this would be her unfortunate end.

But that was when Nidoran had appeared. She was also within the same area as Gelidity. And just like the little earth pony, the cold was getting to her. The Poison Pin Pokemon couldn't take it. She was already on the verge of getting frostbite at this point as she was whimpering. Nidoran was confused about where she was. One minute she was with her fellow Pokemon and now she was somewhere else.

However, Nidoran had a large endurance. But eventually, she would give out herself. Her limping eventually led her up a snowy hill as she was trying to find her way out of here. There was eventually something in the distance. A small town far away.

That town was Themcolt but the distance between her and the town was too far for her to make it. The distance between her and the town was immense. Nidoran wasn't even aware there was a town nearby as she stepped on the hill. But as she stepped on the hill, her foot came across something lumpy. The Poison Pin Pokemon then looked down, moving her foot away as some of the snow came with her.

And within that snow was Gelidity. Her body was being frozen over. She might soon be caught up in an ice prison. If it wasn't for her constantly living in Themcolt, the cold would've gotten to her a lot quicker.

Nidoran saw the little pony within the snow, seeing that they were both suffering from the cold. Nidoran's endurance was great but she wasn't accustomed to the cold at all. Gelidity would probably last longer than her. To save both of them, Nidoran used the one move that she could use at the moment. But she had little energy to use the full potential of it. But it had to be done either way.

It was Sunny Day.

Nidoran was only able to use a small portion of Sunny Day with the energy she had left. She was on the verge of fainting so she had to make it count. The Poison Pin Pokemon raised her arms with two orbs appearing. By raising her arms she then released two white beams from the orbs.

Those beams struck the sky, filling them with Infinity Energy. And that energy manipulated with the heavens themselves, blowing away the clouds and summoning the sun. At least a portion of it. But that portion was just what was needed as Nidoran had fainted.

"Nido..." The Poison Pin Pokemon fell to the ground, wasting all of her energy. However, it wasn't in vain. The warm glow of the sun, filled with Infinity Energy, had beamed down on the spot where Gelidity and Nidoran laid. That warmth was strong enough to alter the temperature and melt the snow that Gelidity was buried underneath.

If anything, Nidoqueen saved me first. A favour. That is what I had to repay to her for saving my life on that day. My body would've been in an eternal ice prison if I hadn't been saved by her.

And on that day, Gelidity managed to find enough warmth to continue her journey back home. But she didn't go alone. After seeing Nidoran manipulate the sky itself, Gelidity was amazed by the Poison Pin Pokemon, believing she had mystical powers.

And in a sense, she did. The little earth pony carried the Poison-Type on her back, eventually carrying her back to Themcolt with the warmth that had been given to her. On that day, both Nidoran and Gelidity had saved each other.


"We grew to know each other on that day." Gelidity looked at Nidoqueen. "An inseparable bond. That is what we both have together. The same goes for all of my other Pokemon too."

"Nidoqueen!"

"Aww..." Sweetie Belle gushed after that story. Flurry Heart had heard the whole story as she used her shades to try and hide the tars. But they wouldn't do the trick. So she lifted them and showed her tears either way. Premium Polish was also crying but her tears were made out of oil considering she was an android. But she was programmed to cry.

"Well, you two are really close. Kinda scares me if I have to go up against you in the contest." Sweetie Belle said, a bit nervous about what a tight bond Gelidity and Nidoqueen could do. She's already seen the capabilities of Ash and Pikachu's bond and it is already fierce to behold.

But she had Meowstic with her, with who she had a strong bond as well. The question was, was it as strong as Gelidity and Nidoqueen?

"Thank you for your patience!" Marian spoke as the last coordinator had finished up, closing off the Appeal Stage. "And now for the results. After careful consideration, the judges have made a decision! The following eight coordinators will be moving right along to the next round! Now take a look at the monitor!"

Appearing on a large screen, the first four faces had shown up on the top. One of which was the face of Gelidity as she had most certainly passed after that showcase. Sweetie Belle and Premium Polish bit their lips as the next four faces began popping up at the bottom.

And thankfully, they had both made on as they let out sighs of relief.

"Now using the computer, we've randomly decided all our battles for round 2!" Marian said as the monitor then shuffled the faces, showing who would go up against who.

Sweetie Belle would be facing off against Premium Polish. Their second battle was about to become reality as Gelidity would go up against a pegasus coordinator.

"Excellent. This time, you won't win by time, Sweetie Belle." Premium pointed her hoof over at the young unicorn with a large grin. "I've been waiting for this rematch!"

"Why is it always the first one..." Sweetie Belle sighed.

"My round. It seems it shall be first." Gelidity hopped off the couch, ready to head out and perform her match. With how much Gelidity has improved and the Pokemon she possesses, she seemed to be the biggest threat here in the contest. No one ever seems to come close when shows up.

"Just you wait, Premium. Those tricks I learned at Ninja Village are going to pay off. You won't even see one of them coming."

"I won't let you pull all of them off in that match. The moment I Show off more, your points will be lower than a Diglett." Premium gave her retort as the two unicorns locked eyes with lightning bolts shooting out.

Their determination was feisty. Flurry Heart shifted her eyes from side to side, seeing the rivalry in front of her. She didn't know competitions could potentially heat up. It's been a while since she's seen one either way considering her world. But either way, the goal for the Appleloosa Ribbon was on their mind as the journey continues.


Chapter 481 End.

PreviousChapters Next