• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,903 Views, 7,933 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,933
 22,903

PreviousChapters Next
Steadfast Rarity

Author's Note:

I just found out that Leavanny can learn Steel Wing.


How?

The second day of the Canterlot Tournament resumes.

With the gruelling battle between Twilight and Adagio over with Adagio emerging the victor, the tournament is yet again at a 40-minute break. Once that break is over, Rarity will be stepping forth in her 2v2 battle against another pony.

And what of Rarity at the moment? Since there is a 50% chance she might be facing Adagio tomorrow if she manages to defeat her upcoming opponent, the unicorn had gone to the outskirts of Canterlot to practice until the break ends.

After Twilight managed to take down Adagio's Pheromosa, Rarity now knows that she can find her own way around the Lissome Pokemon's absurd speed. She sent out her strongest Leavanny and Flaaffy for training, preparing themselves for that one specific scenario.

"Alright, you two." Rarity spoke to them both. "If we are to face Adagio tomorrow, we'll have to improve ourselves to better match her on an equal playing field."

"Leavan!"

"Flaa!"

"Leavanny. You're the fastest Pokemon I own and the strongest out of all 12 of your brothers and sisters. You're my ace in all of this."

"Vanny!" The Leaf Wrapped Pokemon nodded.

"Flaaffy. While you're not relatively fast, your Electric-Type moves are. They'll help us greatly when facing up against Pheromosa."

"Ffy!"

"Plus...There is one final thing I'm betting on once that bug gets close to you. In the meantime, let's improve ourselves! For the sake of our friends!" Rarity bellowed. Both Leavanny and Flaaffy cried in agreement.

Thus began a training session for the remaining time they have left before the tournament continues with Rarity's match incoming. Surely, they can cover a lot in the span of 35 minutes. Which is the amount of time remaining.

"Flaaffy! Use Thunder on Leavanny! Leavanny, dodge it!"

"Flaa!!" The Wool Pokemon raised his hands, summoning a storm cloud from above. The plan was to develop Leavanny's speed so she can keep up with Pheromosa when that time comes.

Since Leavanny is part Grass, Electric-Type moves aren't a problem at all. The Leaf Wrapped Pokemon looked up to see that a bolt of thunder was ready to strike down on her.

"Ffy!" From the skies themselves, a destructive bolt of lightning came racing down at high speeds. That was Leavanny's cue. All she had to do was dodge it.

Which she couldn't. After all, it is lightning at the end of the day. Avoiding it isn't that easy. As a result, she was zapped the moment her foot even left the ground. "Vaaaannny!"

"Flaa?"

"Leavan..." Leavanny held her head, feeling a bit dizzy. Even if she did resist Electric, Thunder hurts. A lot. "Ny...Ny.."

"Oh, dear." Rarity facehoofed herself. "Let's try this again. This time, hold back a bit Flaaffy." She went over to Leavanny, giving her ace a potion to heal up.

"Leavan." Leavanny didn't mind it. She was doing this to protect her friends, so she'll go through harsh training. Even if it means getting hurt constantly.

And thus a second attempt was made. Once again, the Wool Pokemon summoned a thunderbolt from above with Leavanny trying again. If you were to look in the distance, you would spot constant bolts raining down from above, moving in random directions.

The CMC peered their head from the side of a tree, spotting Rarity's training and how Leavanny was doing her best to dodge the lightning bolts. So far, it wasn't going so well.

"Your sister's really working hard, isn't she?" Apple Bloom said to Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah. Isn't she the best?" Sweetie Belle squeed.

"I wouldn't want to be the one facing her in the tournament." Scootaloo winced.

"But...do you think she can beat Adagio?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Of course she can! When Rarity puts her mind to something, it's impossible to stop her. Trust me. I know." Sweetie Belle nodded with pride.

"You can-" Scootaloo's words were interrupted when a bolt of thunder suddenly hit the tree they were hiding behind. The tree didn't even catch fire. It was destroyed in a second. A perfect example of how powerful Thunder is. "Eep!"

"Again!" Rarity shouted.

"Lea!" Leavanny made another attempt at dodging. This time, her reaction time was improving each time she failed. After all, reflexes do play a major role when reacting to something.

By repeating the same movements over and over again with the same attack being thrown at her, Leavanny's instincts were sharpening. She was still getting hit by Thunder, but she was able to know which direction the Thunder may fall from.

"Ny!" Leavanny senses noticed that a bolt of lighting was heading her way from the right side. She zipped her body forward, but the bolt managed to catch her leg, shocking her. "Lea!"

"Do not let up, Leavanny! Keep on trying!"

"Leavanny!" Leavanny powered through the shock, continuing her training without paying any mind to the hits that she was taking.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders sat down on a log, spectating the entire session and how much Rarity can improve her Pokemon in the amount of time they have until the break ends.

"Wait!" Rarity shouted, causing them both to halt. "Try using Thunder on me as well."

"Flaaffy?!"

"Leavan?!"

"WHAT?!" The CMC exclaimed in unison, making Rarity aware of them.

"To advance my own reaction time as well. That way, I won't be looking at a blur of Pheromosa."

"Uh, Rarity!" Sweetie Belle jumped up. "That's not a good idea! At all!"

"Flaaffy. Do it." Rarity was serious about this. Never before had so much determination come from a single pony. And if it has it was probably long ago in the past.

"Flaa!" The Wool Pokemon had aimed the bolt of lightning directly at his own trainer this time. He was hesitant at first, but Rarity's confidence gave him the strength to unleash the attack. From above, a devastating lightning bolt came rocketing down towards the unicorn.

Rarity made an attempt which didn't work out in her favour. One hit and her entire body felt 300,000 volts strike her from all sides, spiking her mane and tail up.

"Flaaffy?!"

"No, it's fine, Flaaffy. Keep trying dear." Rarity coughed some smoke out, willing to continue despite her condition.

Flaaffy did just that. By unleashing constant thunderbolts from above which target Rarity and Leavanny, their training continued with consistent shocks that gave both of them jolts.

This went on for 20 minutes, taking up most of the break time even. Rarity and Leavanny's reaction time had been augmented from all the moving they've been doing. Flaaffy was exhausted from wasting so much energy. Thunder really takes a lot out of a Pokemon such as himself. And Rarity could see that.

"Oh, Flaaffy. Perhaps you should rest up for now." Rarity picked up the Wool Pokemon, placing him near a tree.

"Flaa."

"Alright, Leavanny. Both of our movements have improved in the amount of time we've had."

"Leavan."

"Now. Let's quickly try improving your striking strength. You only know three moves after all. Energy Ball, X-Scissor and String Shot. Those won't be enough to strike down that Ultra Beast."

"Vanny?"

"I suspect we have...15 minutes remaining until the tournament continues. That is enough time for us." Rarity picked up a nearby log, placing it upwards as it stood. "We can learn a fourth move that can greatly help us. Perhaps Aerial Ace! Can a Leavanny learn that?"

"Lea..." Leavanny thought for a moment until she remembered the answer. "Ny." She nodded. It was true. Leavanny's can learn Aerial Ace.

"Excellent. If we have Aerial Ace at our disposal, not only can we keep up with Pheromosa, but perhaps, one strike will be able to greatly damage her. Possibly even a faint!"

"Leavan."

"Let's see if we can obtain it. Leavanny, darling. Try hitting these logs repeatedly with X-Scissor."

"Lea." Leavanny put her arms in an X position, locking her eyes on the logs of wood as green energy formed in front of her. "Van!" She smashed her arms on the logs, destroying them whilst leaving an X in the middle.

Rarity gathered more logs for the Leaf Wrapped Pokemon to hit as their second training regime had begun. Each time Leavanny struck her arms on the logs, destroying them, her striking strength was gradually increasing.

A common trait of every Pokemon is that it is relatively easy to improve their strength, speed, defence and any other attributes. Some more difficult than others but for the most part, any Pokemon is capable of growing into a better version of themselves.

Ash and Pikachu noticed that Rarity was working hard with her Pokemon. It was the thunderbolts from above that grabbed their attention.

"Rarity's working hard, isn't she?"

"Pika." Pikachu nodded.

"Then, in that case, we'll have to do the same before we can reach Leon, right buddy?"

"Pikachu!"


Meanwhile, with Adagio, she was once more by herself. She sat on a lonesome bench with a proud smile on her face. After all, she did defeat Twilight. The next thing on her mind was Rarity. If by chance, Rarity manages to win her upcoming match then it'll be her against Adagio.

Compared to everypony else, Rarity was the one pony who knew how to get under Adagio's skin. If anything, she might enjoy defeating Rarity more than she did with Twilight. However, one thing Adagio knew that if Pheromosa gets defeated, her Kricketot will be the last one remaining.

Kricketot is unfortunately not a battler. The only move he knows is Bide and even still, he's too nervous to fight. All he does is stay inside of Adagio's large mane, jamming to the same song over and over again.

Whilst Adagio sits alone, away from everypony else, she and Kricketot weren't the only ones present in this very spot. Along came the two ponies or rather sirens that are close to Adagio.

Sonata and Aria.

After apologising to Twilight about their sister, the two figured that if there was any time to chat with their older sibling, it might as well be now.

"I'm having second thoughts about this..." Sonata grumbled.

"Why?" Aria looked down at her.

"What if she doesn't wanna hear what we have to say. You know that Adagio only listens to herself most of the time."

"Yeah, I kinda knew that already. Duh. But this is the most we've been near her in a few months. If-"

"I can hear you two," Adagio spoke, startling both of her younger sisters. "If you're going to talk to me, then do it."

"Oh! Right!" Sonata grabbed Aria, dashing over to the spot where Adagio sat.

"So, what do you two have to say? Make it quick." Adagio yawned.

"You go first." Sonata poked Aria. "You're great at starting conversations."

"Tch." Aria whacked Sonata's arm off her. "Listen, Adagio. We just wanted to talk to you for a bit. Ya know since we haven't hung around for a while."

"Is that it? Then why are you both so hesitant?"

"I mean you're pretty scary looking now. You're like half-siren half-pony. A total monster!" Sonata exclaimed. "Oh, sorry."

"We are monsters by default, Sonata." Adagio shook her head.

"Oh, right." She squeed.

"But, Adagio. We're kinda worried a bit. You've been doing this whole absorbing shtick on your own for a few months now without us." Aria commented.

"Hoh?" Adagio stood up. "Are you by chance, wanting to come back with me? Because if you are, I'd be glad to take you two back."

"Not really. We're just, ya know..." Aria put her hooves together, shifting her eyes to the side. She wasn't sure how to say this. Because she knew that Adagio would go off on her.

"Wait a minute..." Adagio narrowed her eyes at them, already figuring out what they truly wanted to talk about. "This is about that Ponyville place, isn't it?"

"W-What? Ponyville? Pssh! Why would we bring that up?" Sonata grinned nervously. But Adagio saw through her.

"I knew it. More of this nonsense." Adagio groaned. "I don't even know you two anymore."

"That's the thing. We wanted to tell you that we're happy at Ponyville." Aria replied. "And how you can join us there too."

"Yeah! It's a real blast! Never a dull moment, I'll tell ya that. I bet there's something fun happening there as we speak." Sonata nodded.

"Tch. You've gone soft. Especially you Aria." Adagio poked Aria. "Sonata's not that surprising considering how airheaded she is."

"Hey!"

"But you're the last siren I would expect to care about something like this. Especially if you say it brings you happiness."

"Well, it does!" Aria exclaimed, smacking Adagio's hoof away from her. This was the second time Aria's really snapped at Adagio like this, which caused Sonata to slowly back away. "And I'm tired of you pretending it doesn't!"

"What did you say?" Adagio growled.

"I'll just...stand over here..." Sonata gulped.

"You heard me. I'm gonna say it upfront. We enjoy being at Ponyville. It's unlike any place we've ever been at. Those ponies, even though they're incredibly annoying and loud, are actually just as tolerable as Sonata, if not more!"

"Oh, thanks, sis."

"I'd even say that we're glad to have friends. The best thing that's ever happened to us so far. And something we never knew we needed.

"Oh, please! You're still missing one thing you desperately need! Your singing! Come with me and I can give it back to you with ease!"

"Hm," Aria smirked. "Not anymore." Saying that made Adagio pull back. "Fluttershy's been teaching us how to sing recently. Giving us actual lessons from time to time. We're slowly getting back to our natural voices."

"Mhm! We had no idea that you could learn to sing!" Sonata shot up.

"You didn't know, Sonata. Not me." Aria facehoofed herself.

"You've been...regaining your singing abilities?" That actually surprised Adagio.

"Oh, yeah. And we're learning new tricks along the way." Sonata nodded, placing her hoof around Aria's neck.

"That's why we'll never go back to what we used to be. And you trying to force us back will only make you happy! Pretty selfish, don't you think?"

"I-I am not selfish!"

"Get real. This has always been about you. You've always been concerned about others adoring you. You never enjoyed us being around you at all times. Don't think I didn't notice when we were in that human world."

"I-" Adagio stammered, unable to finish her sentence. So far, everything Aria was saying ended up being true. "That's not true at all!"

"You've shared a lot of contempt with us. Always seeing us as beneath you. If anything, we're just minions to you."

"I wasn't serious about that." Adagio chuckled nervously. "Come on. I was just joking. That's what sisters do, right?"

"She does have a point," Sonata responded.

"Either way. I think it's as clear as day. You're nothing but a greedy, egotistical, self-centred diva. You always have been and you always will be."

Struck like an arrow, Adagio had felt defeated in that instance. If there's one thing she couldn't do, it was retaliating Aria's words. She couldn't lie out of this one.

Everything was correct to the core. What doesn't help is the fact that Aria and Sonata have been around Adagio long enough to know that.

"But..." Aria sighed. "That doesn't mean we hate you. You're still our sister. And besides. Mom and you made a promise. A promise that you would make us feel happy. And so far, you're doing a horrible job at it."

Digging into a motherly territory, Aria reminded Adagio of how their mother asked Adagio to make her younger sisters happy. As the natural responsibility of being an older sister. That responsibility was long gone from Adagio due to the path she was walking down.

At this point, Adagio felt defeated. Aria had unexpectedly defeated her completely without taking any physical action whatsoever.

And it was this exact moment that something flashed for a bit. Sonata noticed that Aria's body was glowing just a tiny bit. The light was faint but it was there.

From what the youngest siren could tell, it looked like Aria was gaining wings. But then the light vanished along with the wings, returning Aria into a normal Earth Pony.

"Come on, Sonata. Let's go. The tournament's about to continue." Aria walked off with Sonata, leaving their older sister who frozen in place after Aria's berating.

Total defeat.


4 minutes remain, and Rarity's training with Leavanny was had finally come to an end. Leavanny had destroyed a bunch of logs in the amount of time she had remaining. Her X Scissor was now much stronger than it was before. It even seemed a bit faster.

"Vann...Leavanny..." The Leaf Wrapped Pokemon sat down, exhausted.

"Splendid, Leavanny, darling!" Rarity exclaimed. "Here, drink up." She gave her partner a Hyper Potion, rejuvenating her back to full strength.

"Lea!"

"We should get going now. We don't have long until our turn." Rarity held out her two Poke Balls, sending both Flaaffy and Leavanny back inside. "Sweetie Belle! Cutie Mark Crusaders! Chop-Chop!"

"Oh! Right!" Sweetie Belle stood up from the log she and her friends sat on. The young fillies scurried off in a hurry in hopes of their seats being there without anypony else taking them.

Rarity looked at her two Poke Balls, holding her breath in. Her next opponent was a trainer who currently had four gym badges, the same amount as Rainbow Dash, so they're not to be underestimated. All she has to do is get past this trainer and tomorrow, she'll be able to take on Adagio herself.

With Rarity's Pokemon finishing up their training session and Aria finally revealing Adagio's true colours, the clock continues to tick with only 6 days remaining as the Canterlot Tournament continues.


Chapter 234

PreviousChapters Next