• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,811 Views, 7,931 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,931
 22,811

PreviousChapters Next
A Gym Leader's Z-Move

Rainbow Falls. Afternoon. The Fifth Gym Battle.

The final moments of this Gym Battle were drawing near. Rainbow Dash was down to four Pokemon while Soarin only had two left. But, even with the slight number advantage, Rainbow Dash knew that it was only going to get rougher from here on.

Her remaining Pokemon were Whirlipede, Luxray, Altaria and Braviary while Soarin only had his Boltund and Corviknight out. But his remaining two Pokemon were forces to be reckoned with, especially his Corviknight which is Soarin's strongest Pokemon by a mile.

"Just you two left..." Rainbow Dash growled as she had a nervous smile along with Luxray and Altaria.

"All she has to do is beat them both and she wins..." Pinkie Pie gulped. "But I'm feeling more nervous than right now."

"The last Pokemon's always the toughest to get past," Ash replied.

"All of Rainbow Dash's Pokemon have suffered so much damage. Soarin's down to two but his Corviknight's still healthy." Twilight said. "As long as Luxray stays in with his Electric moves, then Rainbow Dash should be fine but..."

"Can't risk having Altaria go down. Discharge will hurt her too...Okay, I know what I can do. Let's finish this! Luxray, use Wild Charge! And Altaria, Ice Beam!"

"Corviknight! Ascend with Sky Attack and Boltund, block Luxray with Flame Charge!"

"Lux...ray!" Luxray shrouded himself in electricity as he ran forward towards Corviknight while Altaria held her breath in with ice forming.

"Cor!" Corviknight cawed as he flapped his metal wings, His body became surrounded by a gradually intensifying light blue aura. Once the aura flared up, Corviknight charged towards Altaria, reaching top speed with a blue trail following.

"Boltund!" Boltund repeatedly stomps on the ground until a cloud of dust covered his entire body. His body then became surrounded by an orb of red and yellow flames as he blocked Luxray from reaching Corviknight.

"Ray?!"

The two Electric-Types butted heads with their moves as they were now entering a power struggle, trying to push through with their attacks as their legs were rapidly moving. A typical game of cat and dog.

As for Altaria, she finished gathering up power as she fired a rapid beam of ice towards Corviknight. Altaria didn't exactly have any moves that could do much damage to Corviknight as from Ice Beam which was neutral. But she had to do her best.

"Knight!" Corviknight used the speed of Sky Attack to avoid Ice Beam by flying to the side. With Ice Beam avoided, the Raven Pokemon then rushed towards a vulnerable Altaria.

"Tari?!"

"Luxray! Change directions quick!"

"Luxray!" Luxray dashed back as he snapped his head towards Altaria's direction, noticing that Corviknight was about to strike. He couldn't let that happen as he changed the direction of Wild Charge, heading straight for the Flying-Steel-Type.

"Stop him!"

"Tund!" Boltund wouldn't let Luxray escape as the increased speed of Flame Charge benefited him. He also turned around as he bit his teeth onto Luxray's tail, returning the favour for what happened with Ice Fang earlier.

"Lux?!" Luxray gasped as he had been stopped in place. Due to this, he was too late to save Altaria as Corviknight slammed into the Humming Pokemon, forcing her to the ground with great force.

"No, Altaria!" Rainbow Dash cried out as a large smoke cloud formed from the impact. And out of the cloud, Corviknight emerged, flying out of it.

But, the same couldn't be said for Altaria. After taking so much damage during the battle and even being poisoned in the process while taking a powerful attack like Sky Attack, the Humming Pokemon could only take so much punishment.

Once that smoke cleared, Altaria's Mega Form faded away as she reverted to her base form. She had fainted.

"Altaria..."

"Altara is unable to battle! Rainbow Dash has lost another Pokemon! She now has three Pokemon remaining!"

"Ray!" Luxray exclaimed as he shook Boltund off by kicking him away.

"Bolt!"

"Luxray!" Luxray ran over to the fainted Altaria.

"T-Taria..." Altaria winced, looking over at her teammate.

"Lux." Luxray apologized for being unable to reach Altaria in time when Sky Attack was about to hit. He had now another Pokemon to avenge.

"Thanks for the help, Altaria." Rainbow Dash nodded as she recalled her Altaria. "Get some rest."

"Luxray!" Luxray turned to face his opponents, growling at them.

"I won't let anyone else faint! We're ending this now!" Rainbow Dash took off her goggles that had the Mega Stone on, placing them down. Much like how Ash turns his hat to take things to the next level, this was somewhat similar to that as Rainbow Dash held her next Poke Ball out. "I know you've still got a lot in you! Go, Braviary!"

"Braviary!"

"I was waiting for Braviary," said Soarin. "And I'm guessing you're gonna use that little transformation of his."

"This time...yes." Rainbow Dash nodded. "Braviary."

"Brav?" The Valiant Pokemon turned to face Rainbow Dash. The two of them looked at each other while Rainbow nodded. Her nod was essentially telling Braviary that it was time for them to use it. "Viary?"

"I'm sure," Rainbow replied. "Let's use Rainbow-Braviary. Trust me okay?"

"Braviary..." Braviary himself was a bit nervous about this. He knew about the risk of the Bond Phenomenon. Not only that, but Rainbow Dash had just recovered from using Mega Evolution with energy swelling within her and Altaria. Pushing herself while using Rainbow-Braviary would be most likely fatal.

But, Rainbow Dash was also aware of the risk and knew not to push herself. And her face said that as Braviary could tell. Knowing that his trainer can be very stubborn and always makes up her mind without being convinced, the Valiant Pokemon nodded in understanding as he accepted Rainbow-Braviary.

"Okay!" Rainbow Dash grinned. "Let's do this!"

"Oh?" Soarin's eyes widened as everyone leaned in.

"Here goes!" Rainbow Dash declared as she let out a roar along with Braviary as both of their bodies were hit by a pillar of rainbows that descended from the clouds. The rainbow even lit up the sky itself.

"Braviary!" Braviary bellowed as he had emerged with a powerful burst of rainbow energy emerging out of him. His Rainbow-Braviary form had arrived but there were some noticeable changes from before. His hair seemed to be longer now but that was about it.

"She's actually using it?!" Pinkie Pie gasped. "But won't it really hurt more than ever this time!"

"Probably. But Rainbow Dash and Braviary are trusting each other to make it through without pushing themselves too hard now." Ash observed. "Let's see how this goes."

"Pikachu!"

"Let's finish this! Braviary! Superpower! Luxray! Iron Tail!"

"Viary!" Braviary spread his wings out as a rainbow aura formed around them and his talons as well. The Valiant Pokemon then flew at high speeds, approaching Corviknight while Luxray ran at Boltund with his tail hardening.

"Corviknight, use Sky Attack and Boltund, Flame Charge again!"

"Corviknight!" Corviknight ascended into the air while Braviary followed him. The Raven Pokemon then consumed himself in a light blue aura before diving towards Braviary at top speed.

As for Luxray, he began swinging his tail wildly at a flame-cloaked Boltund, clashing his Iron Tail with the Dog Pokemon's head. And every time Boltund rushed in, his speed kept increasing, which Rainbow Dash knew would be a problem.

"Viary!" Braviary smashed his powered-up wings with Corviknight's aura, creating a clash and fissure between the two of them. Braviary's increased strength in Rainbow-Braviary with Superpower managed to actually push Corviknight back, sending the Raven Pokemon back.

"Knight!" Corviknight cried out as he flew through some clouds.

"Use Revenge from afar!"

"Cor!" Corviknight quickly recovered in the air as his body became surrounded by an orange aura. He then unleashed a burst of orange energy that blew the clouds away as it hit Braviary from afar, knocking him downwards.

"Brav!"

"Ugh!" And of course, Rainbow Dash felt his damage as well since she was synced with Braviary. "Grr...! Steel Wing, non-stop!"

"Use Steel Wing as well!"

Both Flying-Types approached each other with their wings hardening. Rainbow Dash also spread her wings out to better help Braviary. The two Pokemon smashed their wings against each other, shaking the gym while Luxray and Boltund reached an impasse.

"Boltund! Focus Thunder onto Braviary!"

"Tund!" Boltund quickly changed targets as he summoned a bolt of lightning from the clouds with thunder rumbling.

"Ah!" Rainbow Dash gasped while looking up at the rumbling clouds. "Luxray! Jump into it!"

"What?! Why?!" Rarity screeched.

"Ray!" Luxray quickly switched his focus as he left Boltund, heading for something else. Braviary quickly flew down, heading towards Luxray's direction.

"What are they up to?" Soarin squinted his eyes.

"Bolt!" Boltund then shot the bolt of lightning straight towards Braviary and no one else. However, Braviary and Rainbow Dash combined their speed as they evaded the bolt of thunder by swiftly moving to the side.

"Now, Iron Tail!"

"L-Lux!" Luxray groaned as he took the attack head-on while turning his tail into pure metal.

"Bolt?"

"Cor?"

"L-Lux...!" Luxray winced with the bolt of lightning aggressively beating on him. But this is what Rainbow Dash was planning. Due to Iron Tail's metal properties, he was actually conducting the electricity, adding it onto his tail.

"So that's what they were planning! Boltund! Stop him with Play Rough!"

"Boltund!" Knowing what their plan was, Boltund quickly ran over, ready to put an end to Luxray's shenanigans as he lunged at his fellow Electric-Type.

"Send it back!"

"Ray!" Luxray then roared, flashing his eyes at Boltund before swinging his tail violently with every remaining strength he had. Both Pokemon connected their attacks with Boltund's fairy-covered paw clashing with Luxray's tail.

Afterwards, a yellow and pink explosion happened on the spot when they both collided. A result of two all-out attacks going against each other.

Everyone closed their eyes due to the brightness of the explosion as even Braviary and Corviknight were blown back by this tremendous force.

Afterwards, once the explosion settled, the two Electric-Types flew out of the smoke, no longer in their attack stances. But that was for a good reason. After colliding with such force and power and how they took so much damage throughout the entire battle, it was only inevitable.

Luxray and Boltund had fainted.

"Luxray..."

"Boltund..."

"Both Luxray and Boltund are unable to battle! That's a double K.O on both sides! Rainbow Dash now has two Pokemon remaining while Soarin has one Pokemon remaining."

"Oh geez..." Pinkie Pie slumped over. "Was that part of the plan to take Boltund out with him?"

"Not sure." Fluttershy shook her head. "But it seemed to work if that was the case."

"Rainbow Dash still has this!" Applejack grinned.

"But, Luxray was the only Pokemon in her team that could deal super-effective damage against Corviknight," Twilight said. "Whirlipede and Braviary are the last ones now."

"Big thanks, Luxray. You were awesome throughout it all." Rainbow Dash called back her Luxray while Soarin did the same to Boltund."

"Thanks, Boltund. It's all up to you now, Corviknight."

"Cor."

"Okay." Rainbow Dash looked at her final Poke Ball, knowing that Whirlipede and Braviary were all she had now. Whirlipede had already taken a lot of damage and was very vulnerable to Corviknight, especially with that intimidating Sky Attack. But it was all or nothing now. "Whirlipede, go!"

"Whirlipede!"

The battle had now become a 2 on 1. But, even with that number difference, Corviknight was still a problem. There's a reason why Steel-Types are the most defensive of all Types.

"This might get a bit ugly for me actually..." Soarin winced. "This is probably a good time to use it..."

"Use what?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"This." Soarin suddenly dug into his mane as he pulled out the unexpected.

A Z-Ring with a Z-Crystal.

"A Z Ring?!" Rainbow Dash screeched as everyone gasped.

"Hehe! I may not have Mega Evolution like the others, but I've got something just as good and as strong. Took a lot of effort to get this crystal, and it's paid off ever since. Right, Corviknight."

"Knight."

"This doesn't look good..." Rainbow Dash gulped.

"But I'm not gonna waste it on one Pokemon. I'll take your Whirlipede out first! Corviknight! Sky Attack on Whirlipede!"

"Viknight!" Corviknight cawed as he ascended into the air, engulfing himself in the usual blue aura before diving down at top speed.

"Braviary! Let's protect Whirlipede! Use Superpower, repeatedly! And Whirlipede! Iron Defense!" Rainbow Dash thrust her hoof into the air.

"Viary!" Braviary nodded as he now had a mission to both protect Whirlipede and defeat Corviknight. The Valiant Pokemon rocketed into the air with a rainbow-aura filling his wings and talons.

Rainbow Dash began swinging her hooves as Braviary's wings matched her movements. Afterwards, both Pokemon began entering an endeavour with Rainbow-Braviary's wings clashing with Corviknight's blue aura.

The two of them started flying around, with Corviknight trying to reach Whirlipede but Braviary kept getting in his way as he could easily keep up with the Raven Pokemon. At the same time, Whirliepde was increasing his defence to hopefully withstand Sky Attack if it hits.

The two Flying-Types reached speeds so great that they were starting to become blurs. A dark blue trail and rainbow trail could be seen flying about in the sky, hitting and bumping into each other with sparks flying out.

"Aha!" Rainbow Dash found an opening on Corviknight as she smashed both her hooves down.

"Viary!" Braviary did the same by going above Corviknight and smashing his talons onto the back of the Flying-Steel-Type.

"Cor!" Corviknight cried out as he was launched down.

"Revenge!"

"Knight!" Corvikinight quickly retaliated by flying back up with his body being surrounded in a fiery aura. The Raven Pokemon then crashed into Braviary's stomach, knocking him further into the sky.

"Brav!"

"Ow!" Rainbow Dash cried out after feeling her own stomach being affected. "Not yet! Brave Bird!"

"Vi!" Braviary spun around in the air as his whole body was covered in a rainbow aura before dashing down.

"Sky Attack!"

"Cor!" Corviknight used his own powerful Flying-Type move as the two of them began going back and forth again while Whirlipede kept growing his defence.

The two of them butted heads, reaching a standstill as they were trying to break through with their moves. But none of them looked like they could manage to overpower one another. Because of this, they equalled out, knocking each other back with great force.

"Bravi!"

"Corvi!"

The two Flying-Types fell to the ground as Rainbow Dash held her face and muzzle. Her body was taking a lot of damage but she made sure not to push herself any further. It hurt, even more, when Braviary fell.

Neither of them had fainted. Not yet at least. And Whirlipede looked like he was at his highest defence yet.

"Are you doing okay, Braviary?"

"Bravi." Braviary stood back up, rustling his feathers. Corviknight also got back up, spreading his hard metal wings.

"C-Corvi."

"Looks like I won't be getting to Whirlipede at this rate," Soarin said. "Unless...I take out Braviary first. Yeah. I think it's time." Soarin put the Z-Ring on as Rainbow Dash was put on high alert.

"Brav?"

"Whirl?"

"Get ready for this, Rainbow Dash. I spent a lot of time trying to work on this pose since it's not originally meant for ponies." Soarin stood in a bipedal position as the crystal started glowing. It looked to be the Flyinium Z.

"Uh..." Rainbow Dash had a really bad feeling about this.

"Alright!" Soarin put his hooves out, ready to strike some poses. "Get ready, Corviknight!"

"Corvi!

"I can really feel the purity of the wind in me and Corviknight!" Soarin said as his mane started flaring up, responding to the energy coming from the Z-Crystal.

"Cor...!" Corviknight struck a series of synchronized poses with his Trainer, building up Z-Power. He then generated a blue aura around himself before flying high into the air, blowing the clouds away while causing a sonic boom.

"Feel the power of the sky itself! Corviknight! SUPERSONIC SKYSTRIKE!"

"CORVIKNIGHT!" Corviknight then dive-bombed towards Braviary at speeds too tough to comprehend while he made shockwaves and constant sonic booms along the way.

"Not good! Braviary! U-"

"Whirli!" All of a sudden, Whirlipede cut Rainbow Dash off as he rushed in, using Rollout to pass Braviary.

"B-Braviary?" Braviary's eyes turned, facing Whirlipede as he noticed his partner rushing towards the attack instead of staying back.

"Whirlipede..?" Rainbow Dash gasped.

"Whirl!" Whirlipede was going to defend Braviary from taking any damage as he was willing to be hit by the Z-Move.

"Whirlipede, don't!"

"CORVI!"

"Pede!"

Whirlipede closed his eyes as Corviknight smashed into him at full force. The resulting impact caused the floor itself to shatter with Rainbow Dash and Braviary being launched back by the incredible force.

Corviknight then swooped into the air after landing his attack as blue feathers formed from the shattering hit, gently falling on the half-destroyed floor. The Z-Crystal had lost its saturation due to all the energy being spent. But it wasn't wasted, that's for sure.

Because once the dust settled, Whirlipede had made his sacrifice as he had fainted. Not even Iron Defence could protect him from something like that.

"W-Whirlipede..."

"Whirlipede is unable to battle! Rainbow Dash has lost another Pokemon! Now both sides only have one Pokemon left!"

"Whirlipede!" Rainbow Dash flew over. "You took the attack for Braviary?"

"Viary?"

"Pede." The Curlipede Pokemon nodded. In his eyes, it was worth it. As long as Corviknight didn't take Braviary out.

"Thanks, buddy." Rainbow Dash gave the Bug-Poison-Type a comforting pat before returning him to his Poke Ball. "You did your best. Return."

"Braviary."

"I...I didn't see that coming." Soarin was stunned. "I was hoping I could defeat Braviary and deal with Whirlipede later."

"Too bad. That didn't happen." Rainbow replied. "Now, I've got more motivation to beat you. I'll end this in just two moves flat!"

"Bravi!"

"I don't plan on losing either, Rainbow Dash." Soarin took off his Z-Ring. "I'm also heading for the Equestria League myself, remember?"

"Braviary, let's finish this! Brave Bird, go!"

"Braviary!" Braviary and Rainbow Dash both spread their wings out as the Valiant Pokemon flew into the skies.

"Corviknight! Sky Attack!"

"Corviknight!" And so did Corviknight. Both Flying-Types were now high up in the air in a few seconds as everyone looked up.

The two of them broke through the clouds as they kept flying up with their auras intensifying. They were moving so fast and flying so high that at this point, they might break through the atmosphere. But they had their limits.

Afterwards, Braviary and Corviknight, flew into each other, smashing their heads together before separating due to the knockback. But, they kept crashing into each other repeatedly, blowing more the clouds away and scaring nearby Flying-Type Pokemon as well.

The pegasi living in Cloudsdale and patrolling the skies could most certainly feel this as they saw a rainbow and a blue aura flying in the air, going at it.

"Vi!"

"Cor!"

They both separated again before zigzagging across the skies, bumping into each other and trying to get the advantage in this scuffle. Rainbow Dash held her face during all of this.

Eventually, their sky clash was about to reach its end as they hit each other in the face with their wings, rolling through the air and almost hitting a pegasus's home nearby.

"Oh!" The pegasus gasped as her home was almost destroyed.

"This is it! Superpower!"

"Revenge!"

Bravi!"

"Corvi!"

One last strike and one final attack. The two Flying-Types flew in once more for the last time, cawing at each other as they lit the sky up while blocking the sun.

Once they got close, only one of them actually managed to land their attacks.

And that was Braviary, who had mimicked Rainbow Dash's hoof and wing movements as he smashed his wing onto Corviknight's head, dealing heavy damage as a rainbow pulse came out from the impact.

"Viary!"

"C-C-Corvi?!" Corviknight's beak opened up as he was forced back to the lower levels and out of the sky. He flew down so fast and hard that he was a slight blur.

"Corviknight, no!" Soarin gasped as he pulled his mane, witnessing his partner being smashed into the floor like a meteor crashing from the sky. Braviary breathed in and out along with Rainbow Dash as their transformation had worn out. The Valiant Pokemon reverted into his base form.

"Hah..." Rainbow Dash sat down as she was exhausted. "That's it for me..."

And what a perfect time to deform and rest. Because after a hit that strong from a powered-up Braviary and Superpower, the result had been decided.

Corviknight had fainted.

"Corviknight..."

"Corviknight is unable to battle! Braviary wins! Thus, the victor of this battle is Rainbow Dash!"

"Awesome!" Rainbow Dash flew up with victory as she quickly went back down, feeling her muscles straining because of the Bond Phenomenon. "Ow-ow!"

"Braviary!"

"Yeah!" Her friends stood up, cheering for their friends' victory after such a hard and rigorous battle.

"Braviary! We did it!" Rainbow Dash hugged her partner who also felt his muscles straining.

"V-Vi!"

"Oh, sorry!" Rainbow squeed as she let go.

"Oh, well..." Soarin shrugged as he went over to Corviknight. Great work, Corviknight."

"Corvi."

"I think we've gotten a pretty good handle of this whole Rainbow-Braviary thing, huh?" Rainbow Dash asked Braviary.

"Viary."

"Well, Dash." Soarin went over with Corviknight, holding the badge. "You did it. But uh...did you have to hit Corviknight so hard?"

"Ah, don't worry about it." Rainbow Dash flailed her hoof.

"Anyway. You've totally earned this badge." Soarin showed his fellow pegasus her well-earned fifth Gym Badge. "The Climate Badge is all yours."

"Awesome!" Rainbow's eyes lit up with stars showing inside of them as she took the badge. "Haha! It took a while, but I got it! The fifth Gym Badge is mine!"

"Braviary!"

"But you know I'm still gonna catch up to you, right?" Soarin spoke. "I'm planning on winning that league and becoming champion myself."

"Yeah, right." Rainbow Dash nudged Soarin. "We'll see, big guy. But right now...I need some downtime. All this Pokemon battling takes a lot of you..."

"Vi."

A hard-fought battle had come to an end. By far, Rainbow Dash's most fearsome and aggressive one yet. But she had overcome due to the amazing teamwork of her Pokemon. The sixth Gym Battle will be next and she'll definitely prepare herself for it as the journey continues.


Chapter 412 End.

PreviousChapters Next