• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,501 Views, 7,927 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,927
 22,501

PreviousChapters Next
Spike vs Kyurem

Unova Region. Kyurem's Ice Castle also known as Full Court. Afternoon.

Right now, Spike is undergoing possibly his toughest battle yet. Against Kyurem. The World's Strongest Dragon. The main objective he was aiming for and a great opportunity to test his progress as a Dragon Master.

Druddigon had already fainted from Kyurem's overwhelming strength and Haxorus was next, battling in his Equestrian Form. Haxorus seemed to fare better against Kyurem, but it wasn't over yet. Just now, Kyurem had transformed into one of its two forms.

White Kyurem.

Still a Dragon-Ice-Type but with the blazing qualities of Reshiram on his side. This was far from over as Kyurem was only going to make things tougher for Spike.

"Haxo...!"

"Let's be careful here...Haxorus, use Dragon Claw again!"

"Xorus!" Another go at close-quarters as Haxorus summoned those usual draconic claws, running towards the Boundary Pokemon. But as if Kyurem was just going to let him do so.

Since Kyurem used to be both Reshiram and Zekrom as one single being, that meant that he had their signature moves. And he most certainly could use them.

And one of them was Fusion Flare.

Kyurem put two of his claws together, summoning a giant ball of fire without having to charge up. Kyurem can do this instantly. Not only that, but his launching speed was far greater in his transformed state.

When Haxorus was at a good distance, the Boundary Pokemon tossed the giant flame as if it was a baseball. The speed of the flame was powerful enough to even burn the cold air of Full Court.

"Dodge it, quick!"

"Haxo!?" Too late. Kyurem threw it faster than expected. Haxorus couldn't avoid it in time. Thus, Fusion Flare connected by consuming the Axe Jaw Pokemon like a black hole. "H-Hax!"

"Haxorus, no!"

"X-Xorus!" Haxorus cried out as he was greeted by an explosion of violent flames that erupted in the shape of a pillar. The Axe Jaw Pokemon was then launched out of the explosion and smoke with fire trailing from his body.

Despite taking an attack that violent, Haxorus was still up as he recovered, sliding on the ground while breaking the ice beneath him.

"Are you okay?!"

"Hax!" He nodded in confirmation. Thanks to his Dragon-Typing, he didn't take super-effective damage. Still, that Fusion Flare stung more than anything else so far. Kyurem intimidated then by exuding scorching flames from his body for a brief moment.

"That's ridiculous...If we get too close, he's either gonna freeze or burn Haxorus just by letting all that stuff out." Spike thought to himself as he knew Kyurem had a lot to offer. But so far, this was just getting a bit ridiculous. "Okay! Close Combat, on the ground!"

"Haxorus!" Another Close Combat was coming. But this time on the ground. Spike and Haxorus were using their usual tactics to try and gain an advantage. The Axe Jaw Pokemon repeatedly began striking the ground aggressively, sending up large chunks of ice.

However, Kyurem knew what they were up to and he wouldn't let it happen. The Boundary Pokemon flapped his wings ferociously, causing a powerful wind pressure equal to that of a hurricane as it blew the large ice shards away, foiling their plan.

"What?!" Spike gasped as the large chunks of ice flew past him, hitting the walls of Full Court and shattering.

"A clever trick. Too slow though!" Kyurem was now the one going on the offensive. He went for Shadow Claw as he soared towards his fellow Dragon-Type.

"Not good! Counter with Dragon Claw!"

"Xorus!" Haxorus got it together as he lunged at the Boundary Pokemon with his own claws. The two of them collided their claws against each other with purple and green sparks flying out. Afterwards, Haxorus slid past Kyurem before receiving a sudden kick to the back, launching him. "Hax!"

"Again!"

"Haxorus!" After being kicked in the back, Haxorus tumbled on the ground before recovering. The Equestrian Haxorus then ran back for another Dragon Claw while Kyurem's eyes flashed.

The Axe Jaw Pokemon went for an upwards swipe to Kyurem's chin, but the Boundary Pokemon swiftly moved his head to the side, avoiding Haxorus' upper attack. The Dragon-Ice-Type then responded by using Shadow Claw to instead give Haxorus the uppercut he was trying to land, launching the Axe Jaw Pokemon high into the air.

"H-Hax!"

"Iron Tail from above!"

"Xorus!" Even when in midair, he could still do something. Haxorus hardened his tail like metal with a white glow appearing. Although, Haxorus' body was already hard like metal.

The Axe Jaw Pokemon then began falling but with the intent to perform an overhead attack with Iron Tail. Straight for Kyurem's head. Kyurem narrowed his eyes as he actually flew towards Haxorus instead of staying on the ground. When close, Haxorus swung his tail, trying to go for the overhead.

Unfortunately, Kyurem had caught his tail, preventing the attack from fully landing.

"H-Hax?!"

Kyurem, now holding Haxorus within his grasp, flew across the battlefield of Full Court, forcing Haxorus to feel the wind in his face. It wasn't a pleasant ride that's for sure as Kyurem flew by the ice pillars, causing Haxorus to smash through them.

"X-Xo!"

"No! Haxorus! Break free! Try using Close Combat!" Spike gasped as Haxorus was being smashed across every ice pillar here by Kyurem's flying, taking constant damage.

It didn't help that Kyurem was flying at high speeds, making the impacts and damage worse with each hit. Haxorus attempted to break free but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Not only was his tail being held but his arms and legs were out of the picture since they were just flailing about.

And to add insult to injury, Kyurem was constantly creating new ice pillars to fly and smash Haxorus through, showing little respect and mercy. It was getting tough for Haxorus who at first seemed like a good combatant for Kyurem. But it looked like that wasn't the case.

Until Spike came up with a plan.

"Aha! Revert back, Haxorus!"

"Hax?!"

"Trust me! Transform back into an Axew!"

"H-Hax...! Hax!" Haxorus trusted Spike if it meant breaking free of Kyurem's hold. However, when the golden light covered Haxorus' body, it was quickly revealed what Spike was going for.

Since Haxorus had such a large body and a fairly large tail, it made it easier for a big Pokemon like Kyurem to grab it. Kyurem's body may be huge but his claws are just as small as Haxorus' own claws, thus making the grip stronger.

But as an Axew, that's a different story. Out of the golden light, Axew emerged. And with his miniature body and even smaller tail, the grip Kyurem had was less effective and strong as there was a major gap. And with that gap, Axew slipped through, breaking free from Kyurem's hold as he was falling face first. "Axew!"

"Now transform again and use Giga Impact!"

"Axe! Axew!" Axew curled into a ball while falling from a high place, summoning the golden light once more. And once he did so, he transformed in a second, emerging as the mighty Equestrian Haxorus yet again. "Haxorus!"

Afterwards, he landed on the ground with a hard impact, shattering the ice before covering his body in an invisible white aura. Haxorus then looked up at Kyurem, locking onto the Boundary Pokemon before shooting himself off the ground like a rocket. The invisible aura then shifted into a white aura with a large trail.

Kyurem acted quickly by going for another Fusion Flare. The Boundary Pokemon created the sphere of fire within his claws, but this time with more power and a larger size. However, Haxorus was closer than ever this time thanks to the speed of Giga Impact.

The moment Kyurem tried to throw the sphere, Haxorus ended up crashing into Kyurem's stomach, interrupting Fusion Flare and actually landing a heavy hit onto the Boundary Pokemon. It showed since Kyurem's eyes widened with his arms and legs twitching, showing that Giga Impact did something.

Afterwards, it was Kyurem who was being launched now after Giga Impact as Haxorus returned to the ground. The Boundary Pokemon flinched as he was sent flying through the pillars he made, shattering them. It looked like Kyurem was about to crash into the walls of Full Court but he managed to recover before that could happen.

"Haxo...Haxorus." After using Giga Impact with so much power, Haxorus needed to recharge as he breathed in and out.

"Not bad." Kyurem spoke as he ascended. "I love a good challenge. And so far, you're not disappointing me at all. But let's see how long you can keep it up, boy."

Wanting to see just how far Spike can go, Kyurem was about to unleash another of his many signature moves. A move that was still Ice but had the ability to burn opponents. And sometimes, it freezes them if Kyurem chooses to.

That move was Ice Burn.

White Kyurem's body gleamed orange as he created a circular reddish-purple aura around himself. The room lit up from Kyurem's shine as Haxorus looked up, still recharging. The Boundary Pokemon then released multiple reddish-purple beams of energy from above.

"Haxorus! Block it with Iron Tail!"

"H-Haxo...!" Haxorus growled as he had just regained his energy. He hardened his tail with pure metal, ready to try and block it by utilizing Steel's resistance to Dragon.

Unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough. The beams had rained down on him, blasting and pelting him with a non-stop vicious frenzy. Before Haxorus knew it, his body had been given a mixture of absolute zero and flames that can scorch the planet itself.

Spike closed his eyes from the cruel explosion of fire and ice. It created a shockwave strong enough to push him and Deino back from where they both stood while Kyurem just watched the flames and ice erupt with no expression or emotion on his face changing.

The hot and cold smoke cleared with the silhouette of Haxorus standing there. Spike gasped while Kyurem's eyes widened from witnessing this silhouette. It looked as if Haxorus hadn't fainted, which brought joy to Spike's face.

"Oh! Haxorus! You're okay!"

But it was too good to be true. In truth, Ice Burn ended up burning the Axe Jaw Pokemon and freezing bits of his body. It did it to him so badly that Haxorus not only reverted to a Unovan Haxorus but he had also fainted while standing.

"Haxorus..." Haxorus was defeated. And the final nail in the coffin was him shifting back into his Unovan Axew form before falling on the ground. "Axew..."

"Axew!" Spike ran over to Axew while Kyurem descended, remaining in his White Kyurem form. Spike helped his partner up from the ground as the Tusk Pokemon held his head, still feeling the flames of Ice Burn.

"Axew..."

"Is that all? I can see that you have more in store, boy."

"I sure do. Thanks, Axew. Get some rest." Spike patted Axew on the back, leading him to rest near the entrance of the Ice Castle.

Afterwards, Spike held out his next Poke Ball, looking up at the Boundary Pokemon. This was unlike anything he's been through. For the longest time, Spike has been doing well against other Pokemon with his own partners. But Kyurem has quickly shot that down in minutes. The title of World's Strongest Dragon was nothing to be taken lightly.

"Go, Salamence!" Spike threw out Salamence as the Dragon Pokemon emerged before Kyurem.

"Salamence!"

"Get ready, Kyurem! Here we come!" Spike exclaimed.

"Salamence!"

"Then what are you waiting for? Come."

"Salamence, use Zen Headbutt!"

"Sala!" The Dragon Pokemon lowered his head as purple energy began to form in front of his forehead. Salamence then raised its head and the purple energy grows larger and forms into a ball of shining light blue energy.

At the same time, Kyurem was going for Iron Head by hardening his own head to match that of pure hard metal with a silver shine around it. Salamence then flew headfirst, ascending and soaring towards the Boundary Pokemon.

In seconds, both Dragon-Types smashed their heads against each other, creating a loud banging noise with large sparks flying out. The ground below them shattered from the impact as well as the pillars of ice.

There was actually a struggle between the two of them, both trying to push their heads through. But it seemed as if Kyurem was the one succeeding in this with his superior strength. Salamence growled, trying to give it everything he had as he roared in Kyurem's face. Salamence's adrenaline kept spiking, forcing him to push back Kyurem.

Both were equal now as they cancelled each other out afterwards, flying back a few metres. Kyurem let out a light chuckle before going for Dragon Pulse. Instead of his face, this time he used his hands to create the attack by forming a blue orb.

"Salamence! Fly below!"

"Mence!" The Dragon Pokemon dived down instead of straight ahead as Kyurem's eyes tracked the Dragon-Flying-Type down. The Boundary Pokemon then fired the dragon-shaped blast from his hands, sending it towards Salamence.

"Now go under and use Dragon Tail!"

"Sala!" Salamence, using his expert flying skills, flew ahead towards Kyurem's underside, boosting himself in the air which allowed Dragon Pulse to miss and hit the ground. Once near one of Kyurem's legs, the Dragon Pokemon lit his tail up with draconic energy.

And with a powerful swing, Salamence swept the Boundary Pokemon's leg while in midair, not only causing super-effective damage but also throwing Kyurem off balance a bit. With that balance, Kyurem was almost knocked out of the air.

"Upwards!"

"Salamence!" But it wasn't over yet. One more Dragon Tail was used. This time, upwards. While Kyurem was knocked off balance and trying to regain his composure, the Dragon Pokemon swung his tail again, hitting Kyurem's stomach in the process. Kyurem twitched as this Dragon Tail launched him into the air.

The Boundary Pokemon flew so high up that his back actually hit the top of Full Court. And this castle was fairly big so it was clear that Salamence's Dragon Tail certainly left an impact. Ice shards fell from above from Kyurem's collision.

"Now! Hyper Beam!"

"Sala...Mence!" Showing little signs of slowing down and barely any hesitation, the ferocious Dragon-Flying-Type unleashed a short-burst Hyper Beam from his mouth, sending a giant orange energy beam that obliterated the falling ice shards.

Kyurem's mouth opened as he was engulfed by this giant beam. It was actually wide enough to consume his entire body instead of just his face. Afterwards, an outburst of explosive energy happened above, obliterating some of the nearby ice.

Salamence descended, panting as he had to recharge his energy like how Axew needs to do with Giga Impact. However, that Hyper Beam was so powerful and effective along with the two Dragon Tails that even Kyurem was staggered and took some time to recover from it.

The smoke cleared as Kyurem held his head after Hyper Beam, showing the progress being made. A wide smile appeared on Spike's face after witnessing that. He knew he wasn't probably going to win this but seeing someone like Kyurem take high damage and even feel staggered was one glimmer of hope.

"We might actually do this..." Spike grinned.

"Impressive. That's the kind of spirit I like to see."

"Heh. Thanks." Spike crossed his arms, feeling proud.

"But, I still have more to give. I hope you do as well." Kyurem's eyes narrowed as he was going for another transformation. This time into his other form.

Suddenly, a burst of electricity happened on the spot, startling Spike and Salamence. Even Axew and Deino jumped from it as it sounded like thunder going off. The burst of electricity consumed Kyurem's body, changing his shape once more.

His body was getting a tad bit smaller as he was gaining a hunched shape as well. His eyes flashed through the electricity as his other form had been revealed.

Black Kyurem.

"Let's keep this up, Salamence! Use Flamethrower!"

"Sala...!" By holding his breath in generating scarlet flames as he was more than prepared to pour it on. However, Kyurem already had a move ready for Salamence. It was another one of his signature moves.

Freeze Shock. Black Kyurem put his claws together as a light bluish-white ball of energy surrounded by electricity was formed. The size of it kept growing by 1 second each.

"Mence!" Salamence had finished his own charging up as he unleashed a beam of scarlet flames from his mouth. Black Kyurem then separated his claws, throwing the ball towards Flamethrower.

The giant sparking ice ball met with the intense blast of fire. Normally, since this attack was ice, that would mean the flames would just melt through. However, when it comes to Kyurem, that wasn't the case. Freeze Shock was powering through Flamethrower with ease, showing that it was just as fierce as Ice Burn.

And just like Ice Burn, it had the capability to leave a status effect. Paralysis. And, of course, the rarest one being the freeze effect. Salamence's Flamethrower stood no chance as the Dragon Pokemon's eyes widened.

"Fly away, Salamence!"

"Sala!" Salamence dropped Flamethrower, closing his mouth and putting an end to the move. Unfortunately, he wasn't quick enough to evade. Freeze Shock had the speed of lightning by its side. And with that speed, Salamence couldn't avoid it as he caught by the giant ball. "Sala!"

The Dragon Pokemon cried out as his body was being punished with volts of electricity that were around 50,000,000 at max. Possibly even more. To Spike, it was terrifying to imagine how much voltage Kyurem's true form could give out back then.

The ball of electricity didn't blow up like the rest. Instead, it just fizzled out. But it left a lasting impression. Salamence's body had taken super-effective damage due to him being both Dragon and Flying. If anything, Kyurem was the worst Pokemon he could go up against. The electricity sparked around his body, causing the Dragon Pokemon to twitch uncontrollably.

"S-Sala...!"

"Is it paralysis?!" Spike leaned forward. All that twitching with the electricity coming out was most definitely paralysis. Salamence was now struggling to move as well due to this.

"Don't get too caught up on status'!" Kyurem warned Spike as he appeared in front of Salamence in seconds, using his next move. Dragon Pulse.

And he did this right in front of Salamence in an up-close spot instead of faraway like usual with his claws in the face of the Dragon Pokemon. Salamence gasped as he had been struck down from an up-close dragon-shaped shockwave from Kyurem's claws.

"Sala!" Salamence cried out as Kyurem wasn't done yet. With tremendous speeds, the Boundary Pokemon flew towards Salamence, ready for Shadow Claw this.

"Salamence! Dragon Tail, quick!"

"Sala-Salamence...!" Salamence groaned as he lit his tail up, ready to swing it forward. Kyurem swung his claws while Salamence swung his tail, both clashing and seeming equal in strength.

Unfortunately, while Salamence only had one tail to use Dragon Tail, Kyurem had two claws to use Shadow Claw. While one claw met with Salamence's tail, the other claw had been used. From the side, Kyurem swiped Salamence with another Shadow Claw.

"Mence!" Once more, Salamence had been struck as he had lost the clash. But more than that, Kyurem gave a third Shadow Claw this time with both his claws. He slashed Salamence in an x-shape with the claws, launching Salamence to the ground with shadows trailing out of him. "Sala!"

"Salamence, no!" Spike gasped after Salamence hit the ground hard. Kyurem descended, looking over at the large crater that had been formed by the impact.

Thankfully, Salamence wasn't down yet. But he took a beating and a million. This was by far the greatest and toughest battle he's been in. Even Eternatus wasn't this difficult and that took multiple Pokemon from powerful trainers including two champions to defeat.

The Dragon Pokemon climbed out of the crater, looking up at Kyurem with one eye closed. He already had scratches all over him from the damage he took. Any more and Salamence will be backed into a corner.

Salamence then looked over at Spike, nodding at him as he knew what needed to be done. And so did Spike as he nodded back in response. The baby dragon then looked at the ace in the hole.

The Mega Ring.

"Okay." Spike tapped the Mega Stone on his ring, initiating Mega Evolution. Kyurem turned around, noticing this mystical glow. "We'll really give you our all." Spike raised his arm.

"Sala...!" Salamence was starting to get up as golden lights flared out the ring at high speeds, flying past KYurem and heading for Salamence.

"Get ready Kyurem! This is us at our absolute best! Mega Evolve!" Spike roared as red lights flew out of Salamence and his keystone, clashing with the golden lights to form a DNA symbol.

"Salaaaaaa!" Salamence also roared as the two lights consumed his body, shifting it into something greater and more powerful. Salamence could feel the pain of Mega Evolution coming through. The same pain that caused him to go on a rampage.

And he knew that it might happen again. But if it means defeating Kyurem, then Salamence will take that chance. Out of the aura, the red eyes of Salamence flared with Kyurem squinting. And once the aura dispersed, the Mega Evolution symbol showed itself.

Mega Salamence was here.

"Salamence!"

With fangs so ferocious they could tear at anything, the Dragon Pokemon was starting to lose his sense of safety. As always, Mega Evolution is so painful to Salamence that it forces him to go on a rampage.

But this time, Salamence had eyes on one target. Instead of the world, it was Kyurem.

"Hmph. Seems like you might lose control with that." Kyurem observed. He was able to tell that Salamence was about to go wild with no sense of safety and only danger within his sights.

"I know. But I'm confident in Salamence. I'm working hard to make sure that Salamence and I can work in sync, even with the pain of Mega Evolution. That's gonna take me one step closer to becoming a Dragon Master. I'll do my best to calm any Dragon Pokemon there is! Just like what Drayden told me!"

"I see. How interesting. Then, show me what you can do with such terrifying and uncontrollable power at your disposal. If you can control it that is."

"We'll show you! Salamence!" Spike called out to Salamence.

"Mence?!" The Dragon Pokemon growled, turning his eyes at Spike. He was foaming at the mouth, showing that his anger levels were rising as his eyes were sharpening as well.

However, Spike wasn't afraid of Salamence's anger in Mega Evolution. He still saw his friend beyond that terrifying expression. To prove this, Spike put his arm out, using the dragon light to communicate with Salamence.

And Salamence, despite only wanting to destroy everything now, could still connect with his trainer. The Dragon Pokemon froze from the light as he looked his trainer in the eyes. Spike didn't say anything. His expression did the talking. The baby dragon gave a reassuring smile and nod to Salamence, letting him know that even if he goes on a rampage or loses all self-control, Spike will still be there for him like was during the first Mega Evolution.

Thus, Spike was able to soothe the rage of Salamence. Not by much, but to a point where Salamence could listen to Spike's commands instead of just going wild. He was still going to go wild anyway as his ferocity and adrenaline were greater in a Mega Evolved state.

"Salamence!"

"Okay! Let's go! Use Zen Headbutt!"

"Sala!" Salamence focused all of his mental power into his forehead as he charged towards Kyurem at high speeds. His wings were definitely going to play a large part in this.

Kyurem let out a somewhat visible smirk as he had Iron Head ready for Salamence. Both Pokemon smashed their heads together, knocking each other back.

"Flamethrower!"

"Mence!" After being knocked back, Salamence unleashed a gigantic blast of fire in just one second, faster than he normally does. The blast of fire was just as large as his Hyper Beam, capable of consuming Kyurem.

The Boundary Pokemon quickly responded with Dragon Pulse by putting his hands out. He fired the dragon-shaped shockwave as fast as he could, using it to fight back against Flamethrower. The two attacks blew up within their struggle, showing that they were equal.

"Use your wings! Fly forward and slash Kyurem!"

"Sala!" Salamence flew through the smoke at high speeds. Thanks to Mega Evolution, he was faster than ever. So fast that he could keep up with Kyurem.

Kyurem gasped as Salamence flew by him, slashing his chest with his volatile and sharp wings. Bits of Kyurem's armoured body actually came flying off from Salamence's fly-by slash. They dropped to the ground as Kyurem had received his first-ever scar in the form of broken armour.

"Again!"

"Salamence!" Salamence was going in for another one. He turned around in the air, facing the Boundary Pokemon as he was heading for his arms next.

Kyurem wouldn't let Salamence cut more of him as he was about to use Shadow Claw to deal with the Dragon Pokemon. HE had to think fast since Salamence's speed in Mega Evolution was just downright ridiculous.

"Up!"

"Sala!" However, when Kyurem went to slash Salamence, the Dragon Pokemon instead flew up, avoiding the claws of shadow and slashing the armoured part of his face.

"Ugh!" Finally, Kyurem was starting to feel a bit of pressure, but it wasn't much. After being slashed in the face with some ice falling off, the Dragon Pokemon was pushed back.

"Now, Dragon Tail!"

"Mence!" Salamence continued his assault. He lit his tail up, remaining close to Kyurem's face. He roared at the Boundary Pokemon before swinging his tail for a good slap in the face.

Kyurem staggered after the super-effective hit to the face as Salamence began continuously swinging his tail, hitting Kyurem non-stop.

The Dragon-Ice-Type had enough with the face slapping as more of his armoured face was falling off. To put an end to this, Kyurem used the signature move of Zekrom around his body.

Fusion Bolt.

In a flash, Kyurem's body became surrounded by yellow electricity with large yellow lightning bolts coming off of it as well. This orb of electricity blocked Dragon Tail, forcing Salamence back and putting an end to his swinging.

"Sala?!"

Then, continuing to use Fusion Bolt, the Boundary Pokemon threw the giant orb of 40,000,000 volts towards the Dragon Pokemon as fast as he could.

"Hyper Beam!"

"Sala...Mence!" Responding to the giant thunderbolt, the Dragon-Flying-Type opened his mouth, summoning a giant orange ball. From that ball, black lightning started shooting out, showing just how powerful it was when used by a Mega Evolved Pokemon.

But was it strong to go up against the move of a Legendary?

That was about to be revealed as Salamence fired the giant beam from his mouth. It was so strong that Salamence had been pushed back by it himself. The large Hyper Beam met with the giant Fusion Bolt.

And instead of entering a power struggle, the two moves were actually so equal in power depending on their user that they neutralized each other and instead shattered together before creating a large smoke cloud.

Even in Mega Evolution, Salamence still had to recharge with Hyper Beam. However, Mega Evolution had so much energy that the recharge was shorter.

Kyurem moved through the smoke, going for an up-close Dragon Pulse. Salamence stayed there, glaring Kyurem in the eyes as he was waiting for the moment to avoid it. Kyurem charged up Dragon Pulse, putting his arms out for it.

"Dodge!"

"Sala!" Salamence's energy returned as he boosted through the air, flying away from Kyurem and avoiding Dragon Pulse with ease. But, Kyurem wouldn't let him get away so easily.

The Boundary Pokemon then switched to Fusion Bolt. But this time he had two. One in his right claw and the other in his left. Each the same size and held devastating power. The Dragon-Ice-Type then threw both Fusion Bolts at Salamence like they were baseballs.

"Hit them back with Dragon Tail!"

"Mence!" Salamence attempted to hit the Fusion Bolts back at the user. As he lit up his tail, he managed to hit the first Fusion Bolt that came his way. Salamence's amazing strength allowed him to actually send the attack back at Kyurem.

But unfortunately, he was too late to stop the second one. And in perfect unison, at the same time, both Salamence and Kyurem had been struck by Fusion Bolt, both feeling the punishing volts rush through their bodies as they each roared.

However, since they were both Dragon-Types, this was fine.

Now that Kyurem had seen just how powerful Spike and Salamence are together including the rest of his Pokemon, the Boundary Pokemon decided to finish this once and for all.

He was going for Freeze Shock yet again. He did the usual by putting his arms together and generating the attack. This time, the orb was bigger as Kyurem was building it up.

"Let's finish this, Salamence! Hyper Beam!"

"Sala...!" Salamence was ready to finish it as well. He was also charging up his strongest attack. But, instead of staying in one spot, he charged towards Kyurem while building up Hyper Beam.

This was going to be close.

And in sync, the two Dragons had unleashed their strongest attacks with Salamence being close to Kyurem. The giant beam of Hyper Beam had clashed with the giant sphere of Freeze Shock. But this time, Kyurem had to hold the attack since Salamence unleashed it closer than he expected.

The Boundary Pokemon held Freeze Shock, trying to push it through while Salamence with all his unbridled rage, poured every ounce of energy he had remaining in his body.

"Go, Salamence!" Spike cheered for his partner along with Axew and Deino. They gave all their support with constant cheering and shouts of encouragement.

"Axew!"

"Deino!"

"Sala...!" Even when on a rampage with little control, Salamence could still feel the cries of his friends. It was enough to motivate him and show some of his senses rather than just making him a wild rampaging beast. Salamence was willing to exude every ounce of his energy to win this as his Hyper Beam was growing in size, putting pressure on Kyurem.

But Kyurem wasn't about to let himself lose either. He also poured the pressure on with everything he had. Although, that wasn't really the case. Because in truth...

This wasn't all that Kyurem had.

Afterwards, the attacks were getting a bit too chaotic as they caused a chain reaction. Both Salamence and Kyurem gasped with their pupils shrinking. Before they knew it, Hyper Beam and Freeze Shock ruptured against each other, creating a convulsion of energy that blew up in both their faces.

From the fracture and collapse of both attacks, the two Dragons were each sent flying back from how grandiose and large the explosion was. Kyurem hit the walls, breaking some ice pillars in the process while Salamence hit the ground, forming a larger crater than usual.

"Oh!" Spike gasped after witnessing something that fierce and rough. After that, it was hard to tell who really won that as smoke covered Full Court.

However, once the smoke was clearing, it was clear as day who won this battle. The Boundary Pokemon flew off the wall as he was still in his Black Kyurem form. He had chipped armour from Salamence's wings and a few scratches here and there. But overall, Kyurem still had more energy in him. Tons of it. In fact, it was like he was only trying with at least 10%.

The same couldn't be said for Salamence, who had used everything. Unfortunately, he was the one who gave out and lost as he reverted to his original form.

Salamence had fainted.

"Salamence..."

"Salamence!" Spike ran over to the Dragon Pokemon while Kyurem sighed. Even if he wasn't using that much, that entire battle truly put him on edge.

"Mence?"

"Good job. We really did well with Mega Evolution this time. But...I guess I got my hopes up thinking we were actually going to beat Kyurem, huh?" Spike sighed.

"Sala." But, Salamence reassured him that it would be alright. And he showed this with a lick to the face, making Spike chuckle. Kyurem had reverted to his normal form as he approached Spike and his Pokemon.

"Oh, Kyurem!" Spike turned around. "Uh...T-Thanks for the battle."

"That was a fine battle, boy. Even through loss, you accepted your defeat even at the very start. You've earned my respect and have given me a good challenge as well. You have a fine team and some good potential to become this Dragon Master you wish to be."

"Oh. T-Thank you, Kyurem!" Spike stood up tall, giving a salute. "I swear, I'll become the greatest Dragon Master there is! And then maybe you and I can battle again! If you want."

"Fine with me. Until you become a Dragon Master or at least grown significantly, I'll be waiting here. Good luck." That was all Kyurem needed to say. Nothing more. He wasn't exactly the most talkative Pokemon out there.

The Boundary Pokemon restored all the damage done to Full Court by summoning some more ice while he walked away. Even Legendary Pokemon need to rest from time to time.

After finishing their battle, Spike and his Pokemon were ready to take off. This battle had shown them just how powerful they really were and just how far they had to go. The road to becoming a great trainer is not easy. Not for anyone.

It was time to leave, but this time, Spike had decided to return to Equestria. Some well-needed rest was in store after all.

"Let's go home, you guys."


Equestria. Ponyville. Late afternoon.

"Spike!" Twilight and everyone cried out as the young alicorn princess flew over, picking her friend/assistant up while granting him a powerful hug.

"Oof!" Spike's eyes felt like popping out of his head from that hug.

"If you had been away for one more day, I wouldn't be able to contain myself! I missed you!" Twilight exclaimed. This entire time, she's been panicking about Spike as this was the longest he's been away from her. That fear was building up over the previous days.

"Y-Yeah. B-But I'm back."

"How did your little quest go?" Rarity asked as Twilight put Spike down.

"It was a blast. I got to check out some sweet places, made some new friends and even battled a Legendary Pokemon. I'm pretty satisfied if you ask me." He grinned.

"How did the battle with Kyurem go?! You gotta tell us!" Rainbow Dash flew over. "Did you win?!"

"Yeah, did you?!"

"Sorry. But Kyurem was just way too strong. But boy was it fun!"

"We're just glad that you're back," Twilight said. "So, what's next for your journey as a Dragon Trainer?"

"There's still a lot I wanna do. I'm probably gonna head out for another quest sometime later. Maybe even here in Equestria next. Might be something here I can learn."

"Well, I think you'll do well anyway." Fluttershy nodded. "But um, can I see that Deino of yours quickly? It was cute in the Xtransceiver screen."

"Oh, sure. Deino." Spike showed Deino who was standing behind him.

"Dei?" The Irate Pokemon stood before the ponies with a simple smile and small figure. Definitely different than the final evolution, Hydreigon. "Deino?"

"Aww...!" And clearly, they were enchanted by the adorable appearance of Deino. Unfortunately, that meant they would have to deal with one thing for the rest of their lives potentially.

Deino's excessive biting.

When they gushed at the Irate Pokemon, Deino was giving off a dark presence that loomed over the ponies, making their gushing turn into shudders of fear. And before they knew it, Deino lunged into the air as she was ready to give them all her signature greeting.

Greeting by biting that is.

"Deino, no!" Spike cried out, trying to stop it. But it was too late.

"OW!" And the last thing heard were the sounds of ponies being bit by a tiny little troublemaker.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 437 End.

PreviousChapters Next