• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,883 Views, 7,932 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,932
 22,883

PreviousChapters Next
Pokemon Ranger

It is now the afternoon during the Pokemon Festival.

Still far away from being the end of the first day. Which means that time is barely an issue until night arrives.

So far, Canterlot has had a lot to offer. From the fan favourite attraction, Lopunny Dance Inferno to new but familiar attractions that were first seen in Ponyville such as Decidueye Shooting, Escavalier Jousting, Poke-End and Ditto Art, each introduced before the second Festival had begun.

Speaking of Ditto Art, Team Rocket, under the disguise of their Pokemon School clothes, decided to give this a try for themselves.

"Here we go!" Jessie drew her own dream Pokemon, showing it to Ditto. It looked to be some sort of golden peacock that had stars inside of its feathers and eyes as they also looked like they could detach from the peacock. "Transform into this!"

"Ditto..." Ditto wasn't sure what it was looking at, but it was going to give it a try anyway. It transformed into that same golden peacock but with a clearer appearance. The stars in its feathers and eyes really popped as they were almost as bright as the sun.

"Oooh!" Jessie gawked. "That's the Pokemon for me! What can this thing come up with?" Jessie took out her Pokedex to see what fake information it can give her about this made-up Pokemon.

"Lumifowl. The Bedazzling Pokemon. Fairy-Flying. Often vainglorious and a show-off, Lumifowl spends most of its life going from region to region, showing off its amazing dance moves. It uses its stars to bedazzle its enemies with a blinding light. This Pokemon has a fierce rivalry with Oricorio but yet it seems to work well with Ludicolo."

"If only you were real..." Jessie felt like tearing up.

James took interest in something else other than the Ditto Art attraction. His focus was on the famous yet very risky Pokemon Slot Machine.

"I have some unfinished business with this!" James rubbed his hands together. "This time, I'll have it all in the bag!"

"It ain't worth it James!" Meowth exclaimed. "These things will pick out your pockets faster than you can think!"

"All the more reason to beat it!" James held out a coin, placing it inside of the machine. "Here we go!" He pulled on the lever as the reels started to roll.

He let out a cheesy grin as he was hoping for the best possible outcome. He was aiming for a triple 7 to really hit the jackpot.

Unfortunately, he didn't get that. Instead, he was given the R symbol. Which stands for Replay and his payout resulted in nothing instead.

"Gah!" James screamed as he pulled his hair. "That was my skilled spin and it failed!"

"Best to just call it quits now," Meowth suggested.

"I think not!" James held out another coin. "I'll just have to put some extra Oomph into it!" He went a second time as the gambling problem had begun.

Replay, Replay, Replay. That was all that he was getting and nothing else. Only payouts that amounted to 0 at best. No matter how many coins he tossed inside or how skilled his pulling skills were, James received nothing.

"Curses!" He got on his knees, screaming at the sky in defeat.

"What are you screaming about?" Applejack went over to him with Sceptile by her side along with the tagalong Golett.

"Genius over here blew all his cash on this slot machine," Meowth explained.

"Not one single cent..." James lowered his head. "I've lost to these once more...What a cruel fate."

"Don't feel too bad about it." Applejack patted him on the back. "It's the same problem all the way back at Las Pegasus."

"Tile."

"You're right!" James stood up. "I can't let something like this shatter my pride! Even if I can't roll anything but Replays..."

"...Or." Meowth suddenly got his claws out. "How's about we rig this thing and grab all the cash inside!"

"Absolutely not." Applejack stopped him. "You can't be that desperate."

"You're right." Meowth lowered his head.

"Well, I'm low on Pokedollars..." James saw that his pockets only had 2 coins left. "There has to be something to fill them up again."

"Well, there's that Escavalier Jousting thing. Prize money is either 5000 Pokedollars or 20 bits." Applejack recommended.

"Hoho!" James grinned as he put his finger on his chin. "Jackpot!"

"I was about to head over there and try it myself. Wanna joust against each other?" Applejack nudged his leg.

"Deal! I'll have you know that when I was young I-" James was about to go on about his past but Applejack already went over to the Escavalier Joust attraction. "H-Hey! Wait for me!"


With Sunlight, Eventide and Celestia.

Eventide had taken interest in the Decidueye Shooting attraction as he was already prepared to tackle this challenge with his magic holding onto a bow.

"Hm. Childishly simple." He scoffed. "That large Emboar plush is as good as mine! Luna will surely enjoy it." He aimed the bow carefully at the targets which were mini-Darumaka statues.

"Decidueye," Decidueye told Eventide to hold the bow steady so that he doesn't end up hitting someone else.

"Hmm...Aha!" He fired the arrow from the bow as he took out a triple stack of Darumaka statues. "Lightwork!"

"Ah, not bad. Not bad at all." Sunlight spoke. "Let me have a shot." She used her magic to take the bow off of Eventide. "All I have to do is hit something right? Should be easy enough."

"Eye. Deci."

"Here goes..." Sunlight aimed as she started firing much differently from Eventide.

Whereas Eventide had decided to have perfect focus and precision on what he was looking at, Sunlight decided to just fire them rapidly and hope that she hits something.

And that's what she did.

By firing multiple arrows consecutively every second, she missed so many targets that the arrows either stuck on the wood or ended up bouncing off and almost hitting somepony.

The arrows went flying across the festival as many ponies saw their lives flash before their eyes with arrows nearly piercing them. Many yelps and screeches were heard from the ponies who evaded Sunlight's frantic arrows.

"Come on...!" Sunlight groaned as she sped up her firing speed.

"Deci?!" Decidueye could see that this was getting out of hand so he quickly grabbed the bow, taking it away from Sunlight before she commits a heavy crime. "Eye!"

"Aw...I didn't hit a single one." Sunlight sighed as she slumped on the table.

"Well...you tried your best?" Eventide shrugged as he laughed nervously. He then noticed that Ash along with Barry, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, the CMC joined by Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon and Babs Seed and the surprising Meloetta came over here to try this attraction. "Ash, my boy! Taken an interest?"

"No, but Barry has. I wanna see this for myself." Ash replied.

"Watch and learn." Barry cracked his fingers. "Hand me the bow."

"Decidueye." The Arrow Quill Pokemon gave Barry the bow, allowing him to have a shot at this attraction. He was hoping that Barry was less destructive than Sunlight as he held his breath in.

"Get a good look." Barry pulled his arm on the bow, aiming directly for the largest Darumaka statue there was. When he fired the arrow from the bow, he wasn't as reckless as Sunlight, but his aim was downright awful.

Each of his arrows barely even grazed the statues as they kept on sticking to the walls with not a single one landing at all. ut at least no one was threatened by arrows this time.

"Eugh..." Diamond Tiara winced at how horrible Barry's aim was.

"Hm. Just a slip-up." Barry grabbed two bows this time. "There's no way I can miss!"

"Two?!" Ash gasped.

"Pika?!"

"Oh, I should have thought of that." Sunlight said.

"Here goes!" Barry started to go crazy on the targets by rapidly shooting from two bows this time. Even though his aim was still horrible, all those flying arrows actually managed to hit a few statues because of their frantic movements. "Haha! Got some!"

"Did that even take any skill...?" Twilight said to herself.

"Meloe..."

"Hm?" But Ash's attention was drawn somewhere else. From the corner of his eye, he noticed something oddly familiar that he didn't expect to see.

Right near the Lopunny Dance Inferno attraction, he noticed a clown of all things. Normally, a clown isn't one of the many things he would ever remember, but something about this clown sparked some memories in him.

Especially since the clown looked back at him, giving Ash a thumbs up.

"Hey isn't that...?" Ash went over to the clown as Twilight and the others noticed.

"Hm? Ash. Where are you going?" Twilight wondered as they all followed his movements. He looked like he had spotted someone he hadn't seen in years.

And actually, that was true. It was someone who he hadn't seen in years.

Ash approached the clown looking up at him as he recognized those signature blue eyes that matched well with the clown disguise. Ash took a moment to process who he remembered that dressed like that whilst also having blue eyes. Then it hit him.

"Wait...aren't you-" Ash gasped.

"Pika...!"

"Long time no see, Ash." The clown took off his disguise by removing the red nose, hat and silly clown suit to reveal his true self.

"Who is this?" Pinkie tilted her head as he saw the mysterious man reveal himself as someone completely different.

"Jack Walker. Call me Jackie please." That, someone, was the Pokemon Ranger mostly known as Jackie and a very old friend of Ash, even predating Barry

"Oh, it is you!" Ash exclaimed. "Jackie!"

"Pikachu!"

"Jackie...?" Scootaloo and the CMC took a moment to remember a time when Ash mentioned that name. They recalled the time when Ash mentioned how there was a time he wished to be a Pokemon Ranger. And someone named Jackie was an inspiration to him. "Oh wait aren't you that Pokemon Ranger person!"

"Spot on!" Jackie nodded.

"What are you doing here?!" Ash asked.

"I'm on a mission right now. Two actually." Jackie tossed his disguise aside. "And it's all in this world right here."

"Mission? What kind of mission?" Pinkie appeared behind Ash.

"Well, the first one I'm sure you all know about. I'm tracking down Ghetsis and all of Team Plasma since they seem to show up in this world more than the Pokemon World. And the second one is tracking down the Umbrage Thieves. I think Officer Jenny let you know about that, Ash."

"Oh, yeah!" Ash nodded. "We helped her out a few days ago."

"Pikachu!"

"Good. My search for them led me to here. Canterlot. Turns out that we've got a major lead on the ringleader of the Umbrage Thieves."

"Ringleader? Here in Canterlot?" Fluttershy looked around.

"If any of you see anything that looks a bit odd, let me know. Right now..." Jackie miraculously put his clown disguise on. "I need to keep myself incognito."

"Alright, Jackie! We'll keep a real good eye out!" Ash gave a thumbs up.

"Pika-Pika!" Ash and Pikachu waved goodbye to him as Jackie was off to continue his job.[

"Did you know that there were thieves here in Canterlot?" Celestia turned to her parents.

"There were? Hadn't a single clue." Sunlight shook her head. "Perhaps they must be that good at their job."

"They only appear at night from what we've heard. " Twilight answered. "So we won't be able to spot them in the day or afternoon."

"Then that calls for my expertise!" Eventide exclaimed. "Luckily, I have already devised a strategy for our midnight marauders."

"Oh no...another one of his long sentence plans..." Sunlight sighed.

"First, I, being the previous alicorn to raise and lower the moon shall take the role as Nightwatch, along with the many royal guards around here. We will have watchful eyes on the festival even at night. Then, when the thieves decide to strike, we shall pretend to be completely inactive, thereby lulling the enemy into a false sense of security. When they lower their guard and believe that nopony is aware of them, we strike and-"

"Alright!" Sunlight stopped him. "Dear. I understand what you've devised. Just please keep it short."

"Apologies. Force of habit." He chuckled.

The afternoon was still ongoing. Now that the knowledge of the Umbrage Thieves being present here had been shared, the night will most likely be a bit chaotic when the Umbrage Thieves decide to strike.

Speaking of the night, one pony who was waiting for the festival to reach its late hours was Adagio, still eating those lava cookies in the Relief Zone.

She was only going to see her sisters during the night and that was it. The day and the afternoon would mean having to be seen clearly in public whereas, in the night, she can keep a low profile.

However, sitting in the same spot, eating the same cookies over and over again can get a bit repetitive and honestly boring to Adagio. Her Kricketot inside of her hair was having the time of his life listening to the same music over and over again.

"Ugh..." Adagio sighed. "Running low." She looked inside the box to see that only 12 lava cookies remain. "I can't keep sitting here...when's the moon gonna pop up?"

"Krick. Kricketot." Kricketot popped out of Adagio's mane.

"Hm..." The siren turned her head to the side, looking at the direction of the festival. She knew that while everyone is having the time of their lives, enjoying the festival to the fullest, she was just sitting around, eating cookies.

Knowing that her sisters were also enjoying themselves made Adagio feel a bit jealous as she grumbled. She wanted to see them at night but from what she could hear, the festival sounded very tempting.

"Maybe if I just check it out once." She stood up. "I just have to keep a low profile, that's all. Come on, Kricketot."

"Tot!"

A risk she didn't want to take at first. Adagio wasn't exactly the most beloved individual in Canterlot. Or even all of Equestria. Especially considering what happened during the Canterlot Tournament and even Castelia City.

If she steps out there, she believes that she'll be met with judgemental eyes. Her sisters and Celestia were the only three that she feels comfortable around.

But her Kricketot would always be there for her no matter what like the loyal Pokemon he is.

Once she set hoof into the streets of Canterlot, she braced herself for the worst to happen.

However, when she did arrive at the streets, she noticed that not many were actually even paying attention to her. They were all too caught up in the festival to even care. It is a fun festival so it makes sense why no one would notice.

Adagio looked around to see that only a few of them were looking at her, but they were humans from other regions who had never seen Adagio before. They just thought she looked like a pretty pony with surprisingly sharp teeth.

"Hm. I expected worse..." Adagio spoke.

"Krick."

Now that she was here, in full public, Adagio wasn't sure what to do first. She honestly didn't think she'd get this far. Now was the time to act. But how?

Adagio didn't have to stand around wondering, because she spotted something that perplexed her immediately. Obviously, she recognized Princess Celestia since they've had their interactions, even if they were short.

However, next to Celestia was her mother Sunlight. Adagio had heard from her own mother about how she and Sunlight met once. Sunlight was the one pony that found a mutual relationship with a siren, but that was it. Nothing more.

Because of this, a bit of that mutual relationship had affected Adagio from her younger years to the present day. Which is why she is mutual around Princess Celestia.

And seeing Sunlight and how identical she was to Celestia, but taller, made Adagio immediately realize who this was. It was a dead giveaway from the start.

"Is that...?" Adagio gawked as she slowly approached Sunlight as if she was put in some sort of mystical trance.

"Tot?"

Adagio pushed through many humans, ponies and Pokemon, not even noticing that she had nudged them. Her fixation on Sunlight was already locked.

And Sunlight could sense this indeed. She sensed the presence of someone familiar. Someone who wasn't Vivace but her offspring who had a similar presence.

She turned her head, spotting the spitting image of Vivace's herself. Hair eyes and everything. The only huge difference was the fact that Adagio wasn't shaped like a siren at all.

But of course, since Sunlight has been watching over Equestria ever since her departure to the Ambrosial Plane, she is well aware of who Adagio was.

"Well. This is a pleasant surprise." Sunlight smiled at Adagio, prompting her to stop. "Hello, Adagio."

"Uh." A perplexed Adagio uttered.

"Hm?" Celestia was alerted by that name, forcing her to look over at her mother's direction. Indeed, Adagio was here, right in front of them. "Adagio?"

"I never thought I would have the chance to ever physically meet you." Sunlight walked up to the siren-pony-hybrid. "And now that I have a clearer look at you, you truly do look like your mother. Albeit, with a pony's appearance."

"You're...Sunlight?" said Adagio.

"Mhm. Your mother and I have met. Even if it was once. But it was a pleasing experience."

"I..." Adagio was still a bit stuck on how to feel about all of this.

"Don't be shy. You can speak your mind as much as you want to me." Sunlight let out a soft motherly smile that reminded Adagio of her own mother.

"Um. I...I wanted to say that...Nevermind, it's nothing." Adagio retracted her words.

"Hm." Sunlight laughed. "I'm sure you'll spill it eventually. But it's wonderful that you've decided to join the festival, despite your fears of everypony here being hostile to you."

"I thought they would be but, they don't even notice me."

"Oh. They've noticed." Eventide nodded as he pointed his hoof over at Ash, Pikachu and Fluttershy spotting her. Twilight and the others hadn't noticed yet, however.

"Right now, Adagio. You're not an enemy here." Sunlight shook her head.

"I'm not?"

"Not at all." Celestia walked up to her. "I can tell that you aren't here for malicious reasons. But there is a reason anyway, right?"

"Hm. Yes. I'm here to spend time with my sisters. But I'm only planning to do it at night. It's less populated at that time."

"Why wait till the dawn ends?" Eventide chuckled. "There is plenty of family bonding to be had during the morning, afternoon and night! One must seize each opportunity of happiness they can have!"

"What my father said. I understand you're only choosing the night to avoid any hostile eyes?" Celestia wondered.

"Yeah but, none of them are even looking my way. Is this festival really that distracting?"

"It's more of the case that it is enchanting!" Sunlight exclaimed. "Normally, I'm always distracted by something else rather than focusing on my studies. In fact, that is how I first met your father. Granted, I always got myself into trouble with my teachers for skipping my studies frequently."

"Trouble is an understatement." Eventide shook his head. "But you became Queen either way alongside me becoming a king!" Eventide pulled Sunlight, Celestia and Adagio in for a large hug with his gigantic hooves. "Thinking about it just makes me want to reminisce of the good old days!"

"Ugh...! Of course, father!" Celestia winced. "Your grip is still something to admire."

"Where is Luna, still? We have yet to find your elusive younger sister?" Eventide looked around. "She's not normally this frantic. But she did move around a lot when we planned to give her braces once. Bahahaha!"

"Urgh...Is your father this brazen?" Adagio sighed.

"I'm afraid so." Celestia squeed as they were all still within Eventide's clutches, hearing his girthy laugh.

Ash and the others were spectating Eventide's wide hug, seeing how they were getting along with Adagio. But Ash was the one who seemed to put a larger focus onto it as he had this odd look in his eyes.

"Ash? What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked. "Are you alright?"

"Pikachu?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just, seeing Eventide and Celestia reminds me of my dad." Ash said. The minute he spoke those words, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Barry and everyone's attention, had been grabbed by Ash's words.

"Your father?!" Twilight gasped as she also noticed that Adagio was here. "Adagio?! Wait-first your father, I need to know now!"

"Meloetta!"

"Yeah...it really takes me back." Ash began remembering a small moment with his dad that had always stuck to him to this very day.


When I was little, I'd get laughed at by my friends because of my dreams. And whenever I'd start sulking my dad would say this to me.

"The map to your goals is inside you. If you give up now then your dreams won't come true."


"Guess family moments really get me started, huh?" Ash chuckled.

"Pikachu..."

"We still haven't seen him though." Pinkie Pie pouted.

"Come Adagio Dazzle! Join us in our festival escapades!" Eventide bellowed.

"You want me to join you? With them involved?" Adagio looked over at Twilight as the two of them locked eyes. "Twilight Sparkle."

"Adagio." Twilight narrowed her eyes as well.

"I sense heavy hostility between the two of you." Eventide said. "But let us not partake in this festival as enemies! Bur rather friends and family, wouldn't you agree?!"

"The family part sure..." Adagio scoffed. "Just keep your distance Sparkle."

"Hmph!" Twilight turned around. "I already have Meloetta to deal with."

"Bahaha! This festival has just gotten a lot better!" Eventide erupted with laughter. "Come, Adagio Dazzle! Let us reunite with your sisters!"

"C-Can you at least drop me first!" Adagio yelled as she was now bound to this group. More specifically, the seemingly unavoidable clutches of Eventide's hooves.

With the afternoon gradually reaching the end, the first day of the Pokemon Festival is slowly coming to an end. But as if that would lessen the experience. 2 weeks is still an impressive amount of time for a festival. And all that time will be spent to the fullest with everyone here as the journey continues.


Chapter 301 End.

PreviousChapters Next