• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,812 Views, 7,931 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,931
 22,812

PreviousChapters Next
The Disaster Pokemon

The Crystal Empire, Night.

The many Dynamax dens that have been planted across Equestria, thanks to Lucien, were starting to act up all of a sudden. Most of them were hidden in places where it would take a lot of exploration to find. Mostly underground or in caves.

For a while now, they haven't been too active with only one Pokemon Dynamaxing in Equestria. That being Hatterene. However, now, something had sparked them all up as the red Dynamax energy that flowed out of them were starting to darken.

The red pillars of light shot up into the air as their crimson glow was enough to reach the Crystal Empire, lighting it up with its energy.

The light beamed through the windows of the castle, heading all the way over to Princess Cadence and Shining Armor's room.

"Mrrgh..." Shining Armor grumbled as he turned his head to the side, unaware of the light outside of their Kingdom. It wasn't long until the Dynamax lights woke him up by shining tiny red dots in his face. "Who's flashing lights at this time?" Shining Armor stood up from his bed as he rubbed his right eye.

Once he opened all eyes, the Dynamax lights were now apart of his vision. His first time seeing them as well. From how unexpected and sudden these lights were, Shining Armor had no idea if they were good or bad.

"C-Cadence. Honey. Wake up!" He nudged Cadence, trying to get her to get a look at the lights as well.

"Is Flurry Heart crying again...?" Cadence groaned as she opened her eyes as she sat up.

"No...Look." He pointed his hoof to the outside of the window.

Cadence squinted her eyes, taking a moment to process the sudden pillar that was breaking through the clouds themselves. Now she was also aware of this. "What is that?"

It didn't take long for everypony else in the Crystal Empire to take notice. It was impossible to ignore the Dynamax light due to how vibrant and long it was. The light it gave off shined through every window in the empire and perfectly reflected off the crystals.

Everypony gathered outside to see exactly why this light was here. So far, nothing disastrous has actually occurred. It was there. Some even believed it was just there for show, while others were on the more cautious side.

But it was just the Crystal Empire.

Soon, various locations in Equestria had their hidden Dynamax spots act up. From Dodge Junction, Appleloosa, Manehattan, Dragon lands, YakYakistan to even Griffonstone.

All of them had hidden Dynamax dens that had yet to be discovered. Soon, most of Equestria was filled with nothing but red clouds and red pillars with the occasional purple pillar.

And of course, the one who brought Dynamax to this world was getting psyched up. That being Lucien.

"Here it comes..." Lucien rubbed his hands together, anticipating the payoff. "It'll be a Dynamax frenzy once things really kick-off!"

"It's just Pokemon growing big..." Sienna wasn't too impressed.

"It's not just Pokemon growing big! Well...some of it is. But it's how they affect everything around them! Because the magic in Equestria is so different from the Pokemon World, the Pokemon act up in unique and new ways. And it's that kind of difference that's gonna really make all of this so amazing!"

"Well, if you say so. But aren't you supposed to be helping me with my Desire plan and making it better?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Just watch as the magic happens!"

"Fine...But what triggered them to act up all of a sudden?"

"What else? Eternatus is close to waking up. It doesn't even need to be fully awake to build up Dynamax energy. You can only imagine what'll happen when it does wake up."

"I don't think I do..." Sienna was a bit intimidated by Eternatus due to its skeletal-like appearance and unknown origin. But Lucien was right. Somewhere out there, Eternatus's influence was the cause of these Dynamax power spots acting up.

It was only a matter of time until something like this would occur.


Ponyville, Night.

One of the very few locations in Equestria that have no Dynamax dens nearby. The lively and jolly Ponyville. Not everypony was asleep yet. Some were staying up having fun while others were busy. One of those being Twilight, who was currently still looking for clues that led to Jirachi.

"It says that Jirachi can be found in Hoenn but...It also granted a wish somewhere near Kanto and Galar?" Twilight read more about Jirachi. "Which is it then?"

"Well, right here it says that it was first discovered in Hoenn." Spike pointed at the book where it described the first sighting of Jirachi.

"But who's to say that it's still in Hoenn?" Twilight scratched her mane. "It could be anywhere right about now."

"Then uhh...How about finding out if there's a Pokemon that can see the entire world. I mean, there's a Pokemon for everything isn't there?" Spike suggested.

"Well, yeah. There is a Pokemon for everything of course. But I don't know anything about an all-seeing Pokemon." Twilight shook her head.

"Espeon..." Eve yawned as she curled up in Twilight's bed whilst the rest of Twilight's Pokemon were prepared to clock out for the night.

"Anyway. I'll be right back." Twilight stood up as she used her magic to raise an Xtransciever. "Applejack's Xtransciever should be okay by now. Can you look after the place for me Spike?"

"No problem. Salamence and I are perfect bodyguards." Spike stood up with pride. "Mostly Salamence anyways..."

"That's good. Eve. Ninetales. Minccy. You three behave yourselves now. I know how rowdy you get when you're alone together."

"Ninetales." Ninetales nodded as he made a promise that nothing bad will happen. Although, Twilight's Cinccino knew that something might end up going wrong eventually.

"Ccino..."

With that, Twilight set off to return Applejack's repaired Xtransciever. Even if she wasn't awake, Cold will be there to retrieve it.

Entering the outside of Ponyville, Twilight could feel an unusual chill run through her body as she shuddered a bit with the wind blowing her mane and tail.

"Eeugh..." Twilight winced. "I can't wait for Spring to arrive. I hear Unova's the best in Spring." She babbled whilst making her way towards Sweet Apple Acres. "Oh, but Alola in the Summer sounds promising."

Other ponies who were outside were heading back inside of their homes for two reasons. The first was to obviously head to bed and wait for tomorrow to arrive.

However, the second one was because some heavy rain was due. To the Pokemon who enjoyed the rain, this was the perfect time to stay outside. Mainly Water and Grass-Types.

Twilight kept thinking about ways she could spend the summer in Alola or even how other regions are during different seasons. The thought of it was pleasing to the mind.

That is until Twilight felt something flow through her. A sort of enigma had perplexed her body, prompting her to stop. All of a sudden, her eyes gained an unexpected vision of something she couldn't make out. It looked to be the symbol of Mega Evolution.

This unexplained pulse made Twilight's head ache to a point where it almost made her pass out from the amount of strain that was passing through her head.

"W-What was that...?" Twilight groaned as she grit her teeth, trying to ignore the unexpected pain. When all of a sudden, the aching pain just went away, bringing Twilight back to full health.

But the pain going away wasn't due to a random headache. Instead, it was something much bigger than Twilight expected. Or rather, someone.

Right after Twilight's headache went away, her ears picked up on a mysterious sound that wasn't the rain or the sound of the wind blowing on the trees.

By turning her head to the side, she saw a familiar but mysterious figure lurking in the shadows with crimson eyes that could pierce even metal itself.

This figure was the reason why Twilight's head suddenly felt a sharp pain out of nowhere. It wasn't by magic or anything, but rather an unusual connection.

Twilight narrowed her eyes until she finally spotted what she was looking at exactly. A Pokemon. But not just any ordinary Pokemon. It was none other than the Disaster Pokemon.

Absol.

The pony and Pokemon had locked eyes, making contact with each other. One was perplexed and in awe whilst the other simply had a rigid yet mystical stare that could pierce anyone if used in a certain way.

The atmosphere immediately changed. As if Absol's presence was enough to distort air itself. The moon's light changed its direction to face Absol, giving the Disaster Pokemon a spotlight as Twilight was still frozen in place.

"Isn't that...Absol?" Twilight had heard about Absol before but she had only seen the artwork of it in a book that talks about many Pokemon myths and legends. And Absol, while not a Legendary or Mythical Pokemon, was apart of that book.

Out of curiosity, she took her Pokedex out to see what Absol was all about since her books only showed artwork of Absol. As if it was incomplete somehow.

"Absol. The Disaster Pokemon. Absol has the ability to foretell the coming of natural disasters with its horn. It is also known to protect fields from natural disasters as well. This often has the unfortunate effect of Absol itself being blamed for the disaster, notably by the elderly. The hatred for Absol was stared years by superstitions surrounding it. Despite this, the elderly are interested in its ability to predict disaster. Absol has been referred to as a Bringer of Doom. Absol is said to have a lifespan up to 100 years."

"So that's why it's known as the Disaster Pokemon." Twilight lowered her Pokedex as Absol kept staring at her.

"Absol." The Disaster Pokemon narrowed his eyes at Twilight, only intimidating the alicorn further. Absol was already a fairly intimidating Pokemon to look at.

"Wait. If you're here then that means..." Twilight thought for a moment. Absol being the Disaster Pokemon and showing up meant that a possible disaster was coming. But her sudden thinking caused her head to ache once more. "Ugh!"

"Sol..." The Disaster Pokemon's horn was vibrating at an unlikely frequency. A frequency that only Absol can sense and predict.

Twilight assumed that since Absol was here, a disaster is bound to happen due to what the Pokedex said. But she couldn't think straight since her head kept on aching without her having any control of it. "Ow...!"

Twilight got on the ground, wincing in pain as she attempted to use magic to negate the pain. But even that wasn't working. It progressed from just being a headache to even affecting her body, starting with her wings. She had no clue what was happening at all.

"Absol." The Disaster Pokemon turned around, leaving Twilight as he disappeared into the shadows without a single trace. Once Absol left, Twilight's pain had finally left. For good this time. There were no signs of it ever coming back at all.

Twilight breathed in and out as she could finally feel herself rejuvenating. However, that amount of pain was something she couldn't forget due to how sudden, harsh and unexpected it was.

She noticed that Absol was gone along with the fog as the rain had finally arrived, pouring down on Ponyville. The young alicorn was still perplexed after all of that, unable to move from where she stood. She was then reminded that Applejack's Xtransciever hadn't been returned to her, which is why she came outside in the first place.

Twilight shook her head as she continued her way to Sweet Apple Acres quickly returned to her castle and rest up for the night. But the thought of Absol had now been engraved in her mind.

"If Absol was here...then does that mean a disaster is coming?"


3 hours later.

All of Ponyville was quiet and serene as many of them slept through the pouring rain as it battered their windows, roofs and even some of their plants.

Jade and Cold were once again on Nightwatch, making sure that everything was dandy and fine at night with no threats lurking around. The downside was that they had to stand in the rain, unfortunately.

But it wasn't just those two who weren't asleep. Twilight herself couldn't sleep at all. Mainly because she met Absol 3 hours ago.

From the way Absol glared at her and the strange atmosphere that formed during his arrival, it was enough to mesmerize the young alicorn for a bit. But that wasn't the main reason why she couldn't sleep.

In truth, since Absol arrived, Twilight assumed that a disaster was approaching. If that was the case, then sleeping might not be the best decision since it could happen at any moment.

"Don't think about it too much, Twilight...The last time you thought about an incoming disaster it just turned out to be something small." Twilight said to herself whilst looking up at the ceiling. "Oh, but Absol's different. An actual disaster is most likely...no, probably coming. But where?"

"Esp...Espeon..." Eve curled up in the bed after hearing Twilight a small bit.

"If Absol came to Ponyvile...then that means the disaster might happen in Ponyville...!" Twilight's eyes widened as her mind was now building up multiple fears and worst-case scenarios.

"Wait. Cold Colt and Jade are outside as Nightwatch. I actually don't have anything to worry about if they're keeping watch. Yeah...No need to worry." Twilight chuckled nervously as she put herself to sleep, having faith in Jade and Cold to keep the town safe and unharmed.

With Cold and Jade, nothing threatening had arrived yet. The only threatening thing here was the heavy rain and occasional lightning strike. But other than that, everything was practically normal right about now.

Cold was less focused on the town and more focused on what he'll do during the upcoming Pokemon Festival that's approaching in March.

Jade took things more seriously as she had unnecessarily long binoculars with her. Courtesy of Pinkie Pie. The only other form of life Jade could spot was Cold Colt and the Pokemon that were nocturnal. Nothing unusual here.

"Hey, Jade." Cold spoke.

"Hm?"

"Did your Cutie Mark change?" Cold squinted his eyes.

"Did it? I hadn't noticed." Jade moved her binoculars around, almost hitting a Hoothoot with their ridiculous length. "Then again, I've never looked at my Cutie Mark before."

"Never once? You should see it. It's a bit hard to tell what it is though. Although...it did look a little like mine a few months back. Hm.

"Nothing up in Cloudsdale." Jade raised her binoculars in the sky, seeing only a Noctowl and Hoothoot fly by. With how simple and quiet things were, Jade felt like there was absolutely nothing to worry about tonight.

Until something finally showed up.

And that something was yet another Dynamax pillar. It didn't appear in Ponyville, but instead right over at Lapras Lake. The one new Pokemon location that was closer to Ponyville that the others.

And that prompted Jade to lock on to the red pillar of light. "I see something."

"Hm? What is it?" Cold went up to her. "Lemme see." He asked for the binoculars as the pegasus let him have a look at what she spotted. Now the power spot was visible to him as well.

"You're the Pokemon expert. What do you think that is?" Jade asked.

"Oh no..." Cold lowered the binoculars down with his jaw opened. "Those lights are Dynamax lights!"

"Dyna-what?"

"How'd it get here?" Cold scratched his mane. "There's no Dynamax in Equestria. And even for the Pokemon World, only Galar has them."

"So then what do they do? You seemed pretty shocked about them."

"Oh! Well uh, to make it simple. It's when a Pokemon grows big. Super big!"

"Those things?" Jade turned around, looking over at the red light.

"Mhm. That light's coming from a power spot or Dynamax den. That's where Dynamax Pokemon live in. Or sometimes they just accidentally step on a power spot."

"So it's a bad thing, right?"

"Well...sometimes?" Cold shrugged. "It depends on the situation. As long as a Pokemon doesn't step on a power spot and doesn't come near Ponyville, we should be okay for the night!"

"For the night maybe. But what about the morning." Jade spread her wings out. "I say we head over to Lapras Lake and make sure none of the Pokemon step on those power spot things. Get on my back."

"Uh, yes ma'am!" Cold hopped on her back. "So serious about your job."

Jade who was now carrying Cold, took off like a rocket as the duo made their way over to Lapras Lake with haste, leaving Ponyville behind.

Thankfully, no Pokemon has interacted with the power spots. Mostly since Lapras Lake is exclusive to a large majority of Water-Types who aren't on land. But some were more akin to the land. Such as Seel, Staryu, Lombre and a few more.

But even those Pokemon were asleep since not many Water-Types are nocturnal. Once the duo arrived at Lapras Lake, they were pleased to see that none of the Pokemon have grown big yet.

However, even though they can see the pillar of Dynamax energy, the den itself wasn't on land. Instead, it was underwater at this very moment.

"Oh...do we have to go underwater too?" Cold said.

"We can't ignore it. If it's underwater, then any Water-Type Pokemon might end up interacting with the power spot. Especially a Sharpedo since this lake has some of them."

"Right..." Cold sighed. "But it's still raining and we're already wet enough as it is."

"Did Twilight ever teach you that underwater breathing spell?"

"Oh yeah. She taught me every practical spell I needed to learn." Cold nodded as he got work, using his magic to create a temporary field of light that would allow them both to breath underwater for 20 minutes.

"Come on." Jade was the first to make her way towards the water. This was one of the many times where her deadpan and lifeless personality and emotions worked well. She had no fear of the water or the Sharpedo's themselves thanks to this monotone trait of hers.

Cold, however, who had more emotion than her times a million was very hesitant. He followed behind with his hooves quaking. His main fear wasn't the dark depths of the lake but instead, the Sharpedo that resided deep underneath. He was hoping that the power spot wasn't that deep.

Once they submerged in the lake, they kept their eyes on the pillar of light, swimming down to where it originated from. Going deeper in Lapras Lake led to the sight of friendly Water-Types without a trace of Sharpedo.

But one thing that Jade and Cold noticed was that the Water Pokemon were all swimming in the same direction with terrified looks in their eyes. Almost as if they were fleeing from something.

Not only that, but even the Sharpedo's were swimming alongside them. A Pokemon known for being fierce and terrifying was terrified itself. Seeing that already made Cold Colt nervous considering how fearful he was of the Brutal Pokemon.

"That's odd. Sharpedo's aren't normally afraid." Jade commented.

"That's what worries me right now." Cold gulped. "What's got them so scared?"

The answer to that had revealed itself to the two ponies. Before they even entered the lake, a Pokemon had already found the Dynamax power spot.

And that Pokemon ended up being the Pincer Pokemon, Kingler. But it wasn't just a Dynamaxed Kingler. It was in its Gigantamax form. This was the Pokemon that scared off the other Water-Types.

Not because of its overwhelming size since they've seen Wailord who is much bigger. But because once Kingler Gigantamaxed, it started going rogue out of nowhere, attacking everything around it in a fit of rage.

But there was a reason behind it. Due to the Dynamax energy being influenced by Eternatus, any Pokemon that comes across a power spot and Dynamaxes will undergo an outburst of confusion and fury.

"KINGLER!" The Pincer Pokemon roared, causing the water itself to tremble as Jade and Cold Colt were knocked back by just the force of Kingler's cry.

"A Gigantamax Kingler?!" Cold exclaimed as he spun around in the ocean.

"So that's a Dynamax Pokemon?" Jade said, trying to let out a shocked expression. But even this wasn't enough to make her emote.

"GLER!" Kingler smashed its left pincer on the sea caves, obliterating them in one single strike. With its Gigantamaxed form, its left pincer has grown to an enormous size, capable of smashing even some of the hardest materials out there.

The impact of Kingler's pincers caused yet another sea tremor as the Pincer Pokemon spotted Jade and Cold Colt, floating above it.

"Oh no, it sees us." Cold's eyes widened.

"Swim up!" Jade raised her voice a bit as the two made the wise decision of getting out of here to avoid being crushed by Kingler.

But with Kingler being 430mm tall, escaping it was nigh-impossible, especially with that giant left claw it now has. The Pincer Pokemon opened up its left pincer, preparing to utilize its signature G-Max move.

G-Max Foam Burst.

A blast of soft, white yet destructive foam had been fired out of Kingler's pincer as it tore through the water, heading straight for the two ponies.

The foam from G-Max Foam Burst was unusually lethal since Kingler's bubbles are now alkaline. Any opponent that gets hit by them will have their bodies melted away. And they were certainly inside of this blast of foam.

Cold and Jade turned around to see the foam approaching them. Even if they tried to dodge, it was impossible. The attack was too wide as it took up most of the water, if not all of it.

Before they could even think fast enough to find a way to at least escape, the foam engulfed them as Kingler saw its prey being devoured by its foam.

The foam went so far up that it even flew out of the water, causing a gigantic splash that could be seen all the way from Ponyville and the Everfree Forest. Even all the Water-Type Pokemon had been caught by this attack due to how large it was.

After the attack ended, foamy bubbles above the lake, moving around and even reaching the land. As the bubbles popped, not a trace of any other Water-Types could be found. And especially no trace of Jade and Cold.

Kingler's rampage continued even after that attack as it was still in a fit of rage. The cry of Kingler echoed throughout the lake and the night sky.

But this was just one of many. Kingler wasn't the only Pokemon going on a rampage. Across every part in Equestria, Pokemon who have encountered power spots were, unfortunately, Dynamaxed and influenced by Eternatus's energy.

Soon, these Dynamaxed Pokemon will end up breaking out of the caves and hidden areas where they resided. And once they do, Equestria will be faced with a Dynamax crisis.

And, in fact, that is the true reason why Absol appeared.

"Absol."

The Disaster Pokemon Pokemon stood atop a hill, looking over Ponyville, Everfree and especially Lapras Lake. Normally, Absol only senses natural disasters like volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes etc. But this time. This disaster was on a grander scale. Far surpassing that of any natural disaster out there. Absol knew that it had to do something or else Equestria would end up being obliterated by the Dynamaxed Pokemon as the journey continues.


Chapter 270 End.

Author's Note:

This is the precursor to the Darkest Day. A lot will happen that builds up to the arrival of Eternatus.

PreviousChapters Next