• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,890 Views, 7,932 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,932
 22,890

PreviousChapters Next
Short: More than one way to another world

Unova Region. Out in the desert.

Somewhere in the desert, Ghetsis could be found. He was still on his own journey to improve his capabilities. It has been weeks now since he has been this far away from Team Plasma.

Recently, he had discovered one major factor to why he has been constantly having a stalemate or coming close to losing to Ash. And it has something to do with his own emotions as compared to Ash's. Ash is calm and collected when having a Pokemon Battle, especially when the stakes are high. Meanwhile, Ghetsis' frustration builds up whenever he struggles to fully defeat Ash, resulting in him failing to finish the job.

And once Ghetsis discovered that flaw, he has been working on it ever since. With his constant mind training, imagining how his battles with Ash would turn out, each time he failed, his frustration decreased.

Ghetsis had also picked up a few tricks along the way with his Dark Magic and Aua. To test it out, he was going to practice on the landscape itself. Coming out of Ghetsis' only hand was a stream of darkness with black electricity around it. And that stream ended up forming a giant hole in the ground the moment it had been unleashed, having an outburst of dark paroxysm.

Ghetsis looked at his hand and the massive hole, seeing how much damage he had done to the land. He found it promising. For another test run, he aimed his hand at the nearest mountain.

By using his magic, Ghetsis was able to rip out a massive chunk of the mountain off, bringing it towards him. However, the amount of magic pressure he was making was so great that he couldn't control it. As such, the mountain chunk crumbled as well as the mountain itself with some of the darkness still around.

"Tch. Magic. So confusing to understand. But I can work with this." He smiled before exuding some more of that aura. He now had more options rather than crystals or black bolts. But now, it was time for something different. Ghetsis wanted to try his own magic on himself. He formed another Dark Aura around his hand before touching his chest. By doing so, Ghetsis' whole body was outlined.

And with that, all of a sudden, his feet were leaving the ground. This meant only one thing. Ghetsis had found out how to fly. He looked at himself, realizing that he now had the capability of flight without needing wings. However, Ghetsis couldn't tell if this was the result of either his Dark Aura, Dark Magic or the tiny semblance of Rift energy he still has in him.

Either way, this was promising. To see how well he could fly, Ghetsis started moving through the air. By doing so, he left a black trail while ascending to the skies. Even when just discovering it, he had gotten the hang of it. Ghetsis is a quick learner after all when it counts.

He then chose to speed himself up while managing his momentum in the air. He allowed his magic to keep him afloat, still unaware of what was causing this. While flying through the air, Ghetsis looked like a black orb in the sky to whoever saw him.

In just a few seconds and soon to be a minute, Ghetsis had perfectly handled his newfound flying capabilities. He landed on top of the tallest desert mountain he could find, ceasing his flying. It did seem to burn out a lot from him.

He looked around to see the trail he had made. His Dark Aura had actually affected the land whilst moving, leaving behind black sparks everywhere. Ghetsis knew he was improving, but not enough to defeat Ash. He then held his hand out, looking at one of the Poke Balls at his disposal.

He obviously had his Hydreigon which had been mutated due to some experiments. Not in appearance but in capabilities. However, Shadow Mewtwo was also on his mind. A Pokemon that Ghetsis aimed to use, but unfortunately for him, Shadow Mewtwo's psyche was harder to break.

Ghetsis planned to use Shadow Mewtwo when it was under his full control. However, Ash arrived before any of that could happen. At this very moment, Shadow Mewtwo's mind was still being altered by Team Plasma and most importantly, Colress.

However, after looking at his Poke Ball and then the landscape, Ghetsis spotted something odd in the distance. Nearby, he noticed a Cacnea, a few of them really, pass through something. Right at a mound of sand, the Cacnea walked through the mound of sand, disappearing as the last thing seen by them was a pulse of magic.

That caught Ghetsis' attention.


Anistar City. Day.

Over at Anistar City, Rainbow Dash's training with Ash, Olympia and Kardia at Ace Trainer Works was ongoing. All for the rematch against Ms Harshwinny. Yesterday and during the night, she and Ash had become creative recently.

Ash invented a makeshift Volt Tackle simply called Makeshift Volt Tackle. By combining Pikachu's Quick Attack and Thunderbolt to mimic the attack. And Rainbow Dash had found something new as inspiration from Ash via the Own Attack Eating. Pioneered by Torterra when he was a Grotle.

Right now, Rainbow Dash had her Altaria out against Kardia's Ludicolo, one of her many Pokemon. This was a single battle instead of a Double One like yesterday. Ash and Olympia stood by to watch.

"Alright, Rainbow Dash. Show us what you've learned." Kardia spoke.

"Oh, I've learned something already. You go first, Kardia." A confident Rainbow Dash exuded a smirk on her face. She knew what she was doing.

"Okay. Ludicolo! Use Teeter Dance!"

"Co! Ludicolo! Ludicolo!" Ludicolo went first, outlining itself in a festive light blue aura. The Water-Grass-Type then started dancing while performing an exotic Ludicolo dance that only the Ludicolo can perform. By doing this dance, Altaria's body gained that same blue outline.

But Rainbow Dash was ready for this.

"Then let's get in the mood too. Altaria! Start singing!"

"Altaaaaaa!" Just then, Altaria decided to join in the fun of Ludicolo dancing instead of trying to dodge it. The Humming Pokemon did what she does best. Singing.

More importantly, she wasn't using the move Sing or anything like that. She was just using her natural talent. Kardia was wondering what Rainbow Dash was planning. And Ash knew her approach.

The song that Altaria was singing was very familiar. Not to Kardia, Ludicolo or Olympia. But it was certainly familiar to Ash and Pikachu especially.

That was because this song was Goodnight, my Pikachu. Rainbow Dash had taken inspiration from the song that Ash and Delia use to put Pikachu to sleep. Not just Pikachu, but other Pokemon.

And it was proving to be effective to Ludicolo as its dancing suddenly slowed down once Altaria's beautiful voice echoed through the air, filling the atmosphere.

"Ludi...co...lo..." Ludicolo grumbled.

"Oh!" Kardia gasped. "Ludicolo?!"

"Ta-da! Who needs moves when you've got natural talents!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "Ash gave me this idea yesterday. Have Altaria sing Goodnight, my Pikachu. Works on all Pokemon, and can put them to sleep or make 'em drowsy. How's that?"

"Impressive. Using Altaria's natural ability to sing beautifully was clever."

"Yeah. Ash taught me and everypony in Ponyville about something like this months ago." Rainbow Dash turned to Ash. "Sometimes, using a Pokemon's natural talents, abilities and skills work just as well as using their moves."

"You know it!" Ash gave a thumbs up.

"Pikachu!"

"Well done." Kardia approved, crossing her arms. Ludicolo was now falling asleep as Kadia allowed this. She had something under her sleeve. And Rainbow Dash could see this. Once Ludicolo was asleep, she could act. "Use Sleep Talk."

"Ludi...Colo..." Just then, while asleep, Ludicolo lunged at Altaria, striking her with a full force headbutt, startling the Humming Pokemon.

"T-Taria?!" Altaria cried out as she went flying from this surprise attack. Never did she think someone could hit her while they were asleep.

"What the?! What is that?!" Rainbow Dash gasped.

"That, Rainbow Dash, is Sleep Talk. Even if the opposing Pokemon is asleep, Sleep Tak allows them to attack. A perfect counter to the Sleep Status."

"There's seriously a counter to that...?" Rainbow then groaned, putting her hoof on her face.

"Not just that. There's Snore and the ability Insomnia. Everything has a counter, Rainbow Dash. You have to be ready for anything in a Pokemon Battle."

"Figures." The pegasus sighed before shaking her head. "But it's okay. I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. So is Altaria."

"Alta."

"Tomorrow, we're gonna beat Ms Harshwinny for sure, and shoot ourselves up to the 7th Gym!" Rainbow Dash curled her hoof with high enthusiasm and vigour. Altaria did the same but with her wings. "Let me show you some other tricks, Kardia."

"Looking forward to them. Give me your best shot, Rainbow."

And so it was. Rainbow Dash showcased all of the tricks she learned yesterday with Ash, preparing herself for her rematch with Ms Harshwinny.

She showcased Castform using Reflect Type on Kardia's Carracosta, receiving the Water-Rock-Type and creating a pulse. Then, the Weather Pokemon used Weather Ball, forming an orb of water in his Rainy Form. Castform then ate the orb instead of firing it. And just like what Ash said and how his Torterra performed it in the past, Castform's Water-Type moves had been boosted, making him stronger. And to swap types, he could just use Reflect-Type on another Pokemon and repeat the cycle.

As for Braviary, the Superpower Thunderclap was still the go-to option due to how useful it was for granting distance. Sort of a Get-Off-Me attack. But it was time to improvise with Braviary. Rainbow Dash had Braviary combine Steel Wing and Superpower.

It didn't go so well in the beginning with Braviary struggling to hold both the heaviness of Steel Wing and the sheer power of Superpower. But he and Rainbow Dash were going to work on it. One thing was to be kept in mind. The battle against Harshwinny would be a single battle only. Plus, she would most likely have new Pokemon and not the ones she had before.

Rainbow Dash needed to be ready for whatever Harshwinny had to offer. She had three trump cards. Mega Evolution, Rainbow-Braviary and the Fightinium Z for Mienfoo. But, those can't be guaranteed ways to win. And she knew that. Rainbow Dash would need to find alternatives to victory while still keeping her trump cards ready.

And for once, Rainbow Dash took Twilight's advice and hit the books. Kardia had a selection of Pokemon books for her to look at, detailing certain moves and abilities and what Rainbow Dash could expect.

"Rototiller. Tilling the soil, the Pokemon makes it easier for plants to grow. This boosts the power of Grass-Types moves." She muttered while skimming some pages. "Then why's it a Ground-Type move? Oh wait...yeah that makes sense. Nevermind." She then read different moves that she had never heard of. Moves that would definitely throw her off guard.

"She's certainly a hard worker when it calls for it. I'm eager to see her in my class when she advances in the Pokemon School," said Olympia. "I can see a bit of Twilight's influence rub off on her."

"What do you think? She'll beat that Harshwinny tomorrow? I mean, I've never seen her before anyway." Kardia shrugged while asking.

"Even if she doesn't beat her tomorrow, no way Rainbow Dash is gonna give up," Ash replied, knowing his friend very well. Rainbow Dash will try as many times as she wants if she has to.

"Pikachu."


Canterlot. Afternoon.

Over at Canterlot, all seemed fine at the moment. Right now, Celestia was currently having discussions with the Universal Alliance that she made alongside Luna and Cadence.

All the while, Adagio and Premium Polish did whatever they wanted in the castle. Speaking of Adagio, ever since she became Celestia's student, shooting up in performance, she's made herself comfortable here recently.

And by comfortable that also meant that most of the guards were now at her beck and call. And she took advantage of this. After all, Adagio's main goal was still the same. To be adored by all. While the ways of making this possible have been decreased, one thing didn't change. Adagio's power to control.

Right now, she was sitting on her own personal chair that was carried by some guards. She was acting like a princess with how she ordered the guards around and had them carry her. She was also drinking from one of Canterlot's most exquisite cups, just because she can. Although, she was abusing the power of being Celestia's student.

"This is more like it," Adagio spoke while finishing her current drink. "Fetch me another grape drink."

"Yes, Ms Adagio!" The guards said as they dashed over to grab Adagio another drink. Watching this was Premium Polish who was riding on the back of her Flareon.

"Can't believe you have your own bodyguards, Ms Adagio," Premium said as Flareon brought her over. "Are you heading for a Pokemon Contest?"

"Not at all." Adagio was being fanned by another guard to combat the summer heat. "I'm just living my best life right now. kid. Being treated like this is a great feeling, isn't it?"

"Well...my bodyguards didn't do that but yeah, I guess so." Premium nodded before noticing the grape drink that had been brought to Adagio. "Oh! Can I have some too?"

"You're getting the foal's version of it," Adagio said before drinking the grape.

"Aww..." Premium pouted, slumping on Flareon's back. Yes, everything was fine in Canterlot. All seemed normal with the inclusion of Adagio's interesting way of living.

However, there was one oddity within here. An oddity that had come directly for Premium Polish under the importance of a certain someone. Of course, this was Skyblue Shine.

She was tasked with retrieving her daughter for her special cause by the Empress. However, she has yet to do so. Premium Polish has been around Canterlot for a while which hosts Princess Celestia, her incredibly powerful Gardevoir, Reshiram and Zekrom, Luna, Darkrai and so much more.

Trying to grab Premium in a crowd this massive and powerful just asking for trouble. Skyblue Shine knew that she had to grab her daughter at the right time. When she is the most defenceless and alone. Skyblue has been hiding out in the Canterlot Mines to try and find that moment.

However, while waiting, each time she took a peek outside, Skyblue witnessed the happiness of her daughter and how much fun she was having. Fun so great that Skyblue Shine felt guilty to try and even take it away from her. The one thing she wishes for is to see her daughter happy. Taking her away from those that make her happy would go against what Skyblue Shine stands for.

But it would also go against the orders of the Empress, to who she swears absolute loyalty too. It was at this moment that Skyblue Shine began thinking of her duty as a mother and a loyal subject. She was contemplating this as she continued to wait for the time to strike.


Ponyville. Afternoon.

But she wasn't the only one. Jade Skies was a target too and was secretly under the same situation. By the Indigo Alliance. Sent by the Grand Judge, a few members of this secret society were also biding their time.

Jade had more Rift energy than a simple sphere. Her whole body was one. Something that the Indigo Alliance refused to ignore. They wanted all of what Jade had to offer. However, Jade had friends that she was around a lot.

Pinkie Pie was one of them along with the Mythical Mew. There was Applejack, Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy and more. Mayor Mare was also a major obstacle when she has her Stoutland.

Things weren't any better during the night. Since Jade can't sleep, she has those who are in the same boat as her. Cold Colt was present along with Nyx during the night as well as many nocturnal Pokemon. Not to mention Absol who has that disaster sensing horn. Needless to say, she had many defensive options.

One of the Indigo Alliance Members used the communication shell to speak to the alliance hidden in Pegalysium.

"Apologies, Grand Judge. But this Jade Skies is heavily guarded. There seems to be no instance where she is all alone. What should we do?" The member spoke to Second Wind, the Grand Judge of the Indigo Alliance.

"Clearly, you need more ponypower for this. Stay there. I know of a solution to our problem." She spoke before hanging up. In the meantime, these members would have to stay and wait for the opportune moment.

Whenever that is.


Meanwhile, with Ghetsis, he had passed through the sand mound that the Cacnea had gone through. He wondered what this was. There wasn't a gateway nearby, yet the pulse of magic made it seem like there was.

After he passed, through, Ghetsis had come across someplace unexpected. It was indeed a gateway. Or rather, a portal. But it didn't lead to another desert on some other world. Instead, it led to a populated area. A city.

Ghetsis had arrived in the human world. The parallel to Equestria. And this was made clear by the oddly coloured humans walking about. Ghetsis then looked behind him, witnessing the mound. In this world, it was a rock mound instead of a sand one.

"What is this...?" Ghetsis was slightly perplexed. But he soon regained himself. He had just discovered another means of transportation than the gateway. He then looked up to see a massive billboard that had something familiar in a way.

An advertisement to join Canterlot High. And right on the billboard was this world's Celestia. Principal Celestia.

"Oh, I see. Very interesting. After seeing that billboard and the humans here, Ghetsis truly knew what was going on. A smile graced his face as he had an idea brewing.

As the journey continues.


Chapter 519 End.

PreviousChapters Next