• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,865 Views, 7,932 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,932
 22,865

PreviousChapters Next
An experience for a new friend

Kanto, night.

Ash and Pikachu have just returned from Ponyville as they were headed back to Cerise's labs at Vermillion City.

"Feeling tuckered out, Pikachu?" Ash was talking to his buddy.

"Pikachu..." He yawned in response.

"Same here. But we're gonna get some sweet shuteye and be ready for tomorrow. Although it's gonna be a long walk back to Vermillion, so you rest for a bit and I'll keep moving.

"Pika-Pikachu." Pikachu was about to doze off, laying down on Ash's shoulder.

Ash started to get a move on. He couldn't ask his mom to drive him cause she was sound asleep and the last thing Ash want's to deal with is the mortifying wrath of Delia when she's woken up from a wonderful sleep. So walking it was.

Walking along, Ash was reminiscing the first time he ever journeyed to Vermillion City. It was taking him back as he imagined Misty and Brock walking side by side with him. He could help back recall the memories. As he continued to move on, walking for minutes on end, he came across a red-haired boy who was wheelchair-bound, looking up at the skies.

This boy seemed to be in his pajamas, indicating that he was out late at night. And why he was staring at the skies was due to the fact that a gateway was in the sky. Some gateways are up in the air and only Flying-Types and Pegasi can access it. The boy kept gazing up at the night skies, setting his eyes at the gateway. He was almost lost in a trance.

"Hey. You okay?" Ash was worried as he seemed a bit out of it. His voice grabbed the attention of the boy as he quickly snapped out of it.

"Oh! S-Sorry! I spaced out there." The boy replied, laughing.

"Looks like you were staring at the gateway for a pretty long time, huh?"

"Yeah. It's caught my attention a lot." The boy turned back the gateway. "I wonder what's beyond there?"

"You haven't been to the other world yet?"

"Oh no. I haven't. Not in my current state anyways." He looked down at his legs. They were severely injured, meaning that he was bound to the wheelchair for many years to come, which was unfortunate for him. "I've been wanting to go there, but I just can't."

"Why don't you get your friends and family to help push you there?" Ash asked.

"My parents are too busy. They're so crammed up with their work that they rarely have time to go anywhere else. Plus they have to take care of me at home. Look." The boy pointed over at his home which was fairly close. "I can't get too far away from my house, which is why I haven't gone to the other world yet. And my friends aren't allowed to bring me either."

"Your parents must really care about you, huh?"

"Yeah. They don't want me to be in any sign of danger at all. So I'm kinda stuck here at my home until my legs recover. But I don't know how long that's going to take." He sighed.

Ash looked at his condition, his home and the gateways and came to a conclusion. A conclusion that wasn't so new to him.

"Well. I'll take you there." He said.

"You will?" The boy looked up at the trainer.

"Oh yeah. I'm up to help anyone with a dream. It's kind of a force of habit."

"That's great!" The boy had a wide smile on his face but it quickly faded into a frown. "But... my parents won't allow it. I don't want to worry them too much and they don't want to be worried as well so..."

"I can talk to them. I can convince them to let me take you over to the other world for just a while." Ash kneeled down at the boy.

"You'll really talk to them? But, none of my friends can ever convince them. They're a bit too worried that they'll end up getting in trouble if something goes wrong. Which also means my parents won't allow them to be near me anymore."

"I'll make sure that nothing goes wrong. You can count on me and Pikachu...who's asleep right now. What'dya say?" Ash held his hand out. The boy could see the determination in Ash's eyes. He was 100% serious about protecting him and granting him his wish of seeing the other world. The boy gained a smile on his face as he outstretched his hand, grabbing Ash's and shaking it.

"Alright. I'll count on you. My name is Troy by the way."

"Nice to meet ya, Troy. I'm Ash."

The next day came along. It was an early morning. Ash had returned back to Troy's home, knocking on the door. From what Ash saw, there were tons of locks on the door, showing that this place was a bit on the secluded side. Each lock had been removed as the parents opened the door, revealing themselves.

"Can we help you?" The dad spoke.

"Hi. My name's Ash. I met your son Troy over there." Ash pointed over at the spot where he and Troy met.

"Oh, yeah. Troy mentioned a boy named Ash last night." Troy's mom said. "Come on in." They let Ash and Pikachu inside their humble abode.

"Ash! You actually showed up!" Troy strolled out of his room, happy to see Ash here.

"Yep. As I promised."

"Now, what exactly are you here for, Ash?" The father asked.

"I'm here to fulfil Troy's wish of seeing the other world."

"Pikachu!"

"Seeing the other world?!" Both his parents exclaimed, standing up from their seats.

"Oh, sorry. No can do. We don't want our son going further beyond here." The mother shook her head.

"That's right. Not after what happened with his old friends." The father crossed his arms.

"What happened with his old friends, actually?" Ash wondered.

"His old friends are the reason why he's wheelchair-bound. They thought it was a 'Good Idea' to go rolling down a hill for fun. Clearly, you can see the result of it." The father explained, looking at his son's crippled legs.

"Oh. I get it now. But don't you worry. I'm not gonna involve him in anything dangerous or intense."

"How can we be so sure? Who knows what's on the other side?" The mother leaned forward.

"I do. I've been there for a pretty long time now. Ponyville and all of Equestria is generally a safe and nice place. You'll barely find any danger there."

"Pika-Pika."

"Mom, dad, please." Troy strolled up to them. "Ash is 100% serious about this. He actually really wants me to see the other world. And I may never get the chance to see it the way I am. So can I go? Can I?"

"Hrmmmgh...I don't know." The father put his hand at the back of his head. Troy's dad and mom had trust issues with anyone who was involved with their son. But, just like Troy, they saw the confidence and certainty in Ash's eyes. Just the way he looked could tell them about his character, and the could see how much Ash was being honest about keeping their son safe. They also realised that Troy hasn't been out much in the longest. He's only been 12 feet away from his home and no more than that. If they didn't let their child have a little fun, they would feel like failures as parents. "Alright fine. You can take him to the other world. But only for a while. He must be home 12:00 at least. And in no danger, whatsoever."

"You got it! He'll see so much, 12:00 won't be a problem to reach!" Ash tightened his fist.

"Pika!"

"Well. See as much as you want Troy." The mother kneeled down to get to her son's height. "And tell us just what you got to see over at the other world."

"I will mom. I'm ready to go, Ash."

"Alright!" Ash grabbed a hold of Troy's wheelchair handles. "You're gonna be introduced to something completely different from our world."

Ash had sent Troy out with him as he, Pikachu and Troy were heading all the way to Pallet Town, where the gateway to Ponyville was close to it. It was a 15-minute stroll back to Pallet Town since Troy's home wasn't too far away. There, Troy could see another gateway that was right next to Ash's home. The gateway to the other world. His excitement was building up. This was about to be the furthest he's ever been from home in years.

This was Troy's first time passing a rift, and the feeling his body got was a strange tingling sensation. The same feeling everyone felt when they passed through the gateways for the first time. "Here we are. Ponyville." Ash introduced.

Troy gazed at Ponyville for the first time. And just like what everyone said, it really is a vibrant place. A bit saturating to the eyes a small bit. It was also as active as they said it was. And it was his first time ever seeing ponies. Even when a few of them were in his world, he never even saw one. He just heard rumours about them.

"So this is the other world?" Troy gazed.

"Yep. Pretty sweet ain't it?"

"Pika-chu-pi."

"Yeah...it's beautiful."

"I'll show you around. There's a lot to see and some great friends here too." Ash began to guide Troy around Ponyville, being his tour guide.

"Look at all these ponies." Troy glanced at the ponies of Ponyville. The things that stuck out the most to him were their colours, their additional features which were the wings of the pegasi and the horns of the unicorns, but what mostly caught his attention, were the Cutie Marks. Everywhere he looked, he saw different marks with their own unique look to them.

"Yeah. They're all unique in their own way, even those that are family. Let me introduce you to one of my friends." Ash led Troy to the first of his friends. Pinkie Pie and her home at SugarCube Corner. Ash knocked on the door, and he was immediately given a response with Pinkie Pie opening up the door.

"Ooh! Ash! Can I help you with something?" Pinkie spoke. Her bubbly voice was a surprise to Troy. He didn't expect the ponies to talk.

"T-They can talk?" Troy stuttered.

"Yep. Pinkie Pie. This is Troy." Ash introduced.

"Hi, Troy! I'm Pinkie Pie! Nice to meet you!" Pinkie went up to the wheelchair-bound boy, shaking his hands with her hooves.

"Troy here wanted to experience this world for a while now. So I brought him along to give him his wish."

"Sooo...haven't been here before huh? Well, you're in for a treat, Troy. There's never a dull moment in Ponyville! Come on in! Let me show you why." Pinkie Pie bounced inside, leading Troy to the interior of SugarCube Corner. He could definitely see how vibrant and playful it was. It was just so....pink. "Oh, Jade! Perfect timing!" Jade Skies was here as well. She's been currently living with Pinkie Pie as a roommate for the past few days now. "How would you like to meet Troy?"

"Troy?" Jade looked over, seeing the wheelchair-bound human. Troy looked back at her as he saw the duality of both ponies. One was bubbly and full of energy. While the other was numb of all emotions and monotone. He could see how the ponies were similar to humans in many ways. Albeit, more exaggerated personalities than humans. "Nice to meet you. I'm Jade Skies. Did I do it right, Pinkie?"

"As Rarity would say...Flawlessly! Your greetings are getting even better!" said Pinkie Pie.

"Yay," Jade replied.

"So, Pinkie. Why don't you show Troy what makes this place fun?" Ash commented.

"You got it. Slurpuff! Front and center!" Pinkie Pie called for her Pokemon as the Slurpuff ran to her side. "Alright you, pink pocket monsters. We've got to make sure that Troy over here sees just the kind of fun we have to offer. So I need you all to get sniffing for the best pastry. Hop to it!"

"Slurp!" The Meringue Pokemon split up, heading towards the kitchen to put their sensitive noses to work.

"And I'll do what I do best." Pinkie Pie had her party cannon ready. In the span of 20 seconds, Troy was introduced to the party skills of Pinkie. She had set up the entire room to fit the appearance of a party. In fact, she had just come up with an introduction party for Troy. Just a celebration for his first time being here in this world. Troy was impressed by what he saw. He was also happy to have a party like this. The only party he ever gets to have is his Birthday Party. But only his parents are with him during his Birthday.

The Slurpuff came in with vanilla cream puffs on their head. Just the ones that they've deemed to be the best quality and baked to perfection. They placed the cream puffs down on the table for Troy to take a bite out of.

"Oh, check these out!" Ash was drooling at the mouth, wanting a bite as well.

"Pika..." Pikachu was the same.

"Get a good chomp out of these puffs. This'll be your first time eating at our world." Pinkie said.

"These do look good." Troy went over to grab ahold of a puff. He took a bite of it as his taste buds were picking up the puff. Once they picked up on it, he instantly found them delicious. "They taste good too. Almost as good as mom's cooking." Troy kept eating the cream puff. For the first time being here in a few minutes, it was going well. Ash and Pikachu took their own bites as well.

"You should meet the rest of my friends. You're gonna love them too!" Pinkie bounced up.

"That's what we're planning, Pinkie. I'm gonna introduce Troy to as many ponies as I can." Ash replied with food in his mouth. "We're gonna make sure he has the best time he can have in this world before he heads back home."

"Pi-Pikachu."

"Jade. Why don't you talk with Troy?" Pinkie looked over to the deadpan pony.

"Sure. What do I talk about exactly?" Jade responded.

"Anything. You've probably got something pretty interesting to talk about, ya know."

"I do? I don't look like I've got anything interesting to talk about. I'm not a party pony like you."

"You're interesting to me," Troy spoke. "The fact that you've got wings like other ponies makes me curious. How is it that everypony has something different going on for them?"

"Oh! Jade's a pegasus. They're pretty great pros at flying. I'm an Earth Pony. I may not have wings or a fancy horn, but boy oh boy, is my hoof strength something special. It's how I can bounce so much!" Pinkie Pie showed off her earth pony strength by bouncing up and down like a spring.

"Ooh. And what about those marks on all of you?"

"These? They're our Cutie Marks. They're basically our special talents and all that mumbo jumbo."

"So that's why yours are party balloons. Cause you're an expert at this." Troy looked around the room.

"Alright. Think now's a good time to keep on looking?" Ash said to Troy.

"Yeah. I'm ready to keep on going. Thanks, by the way, Pinkie Pie, Jade Skies. It was nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Troy! Hope you get to see a lot of other great things here!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Same." Jade replied.

Ash led Troy out of SugarCube Corner as they all waved goodbye to Pinkie and Jade. Next, Ash introduced Troy to other ponies in Ponyville. He went over to Octavia and Vinyl's home to show him the music of this world. He got the best of both worlds by listening to Octavia's soothing music and Vinyl's erupting music. Then, Ash introduced him to others such as the mayor of this town, Mayor Mare, the entire school with Miss Cheerilee, which made Troy notice that the CMC don't have any marks. But Ash explained it to him and he knows that eventually, they'll get theirs.

He also introduced Troy to Sonata and Aria. The two of them were practically mirrors of Pinkie Pie and Jade. The only difference being that Aria is a bit more expressive than Jade, but she's very cynical. Ash told Troy how their Cutie Marks were all about singing, but they couldn't sing anymore. But Ash knows that with enough training and time, their harmonious voices will return to them.

After introducing Troy to a good chunk of ponies, Ash then introduced Troy to Fluttershy who was at the Pokemon House with Rainbow Dash.

"Hey! Fluttershy! Rainbow Dash!" Ash called for them.

"Oh, Ash! Good morning." Fluttershy fluttered over to him. "Who's this now?" She looked down at Troy.

"This is Troy. I'm helping him see this world for the day."

"Pika-chu." Pikachu hopped off Ash's shoulder as Fluttershy caught him, holding the Electric Mouse.

"How sweet. It's nice to meet you Troy."

"Are you also here to choose a Pokemon, too?" Rainbow Dash flew over to him.

"Oh no, sorry. Mom and dad wouldn't let me have one." Troy shook his head.

"Why not? Who wouldn't want a Pokemon of their own?"

"My parents think that I'm not ready to have a Pokemon in the state that I am. I kinda want to respect some of their choices cause they worry for me so much."

"Okay. I get it." Rainbow Dash closed her eyes, nodding.

"But I do wanna see what kind of Pokemon are here. I haven't seen many since I'm stuck at home. I've only seen a few Kanto mons and some other region mons on the TV."

"You're in luck. There are Pokemon of all types here." Fluttershy replied.

"Really? How many more types are there?!" Troy leaned forward.

"You don't even know about the other types?" Rainbow said.

"I only know about Fire, Water, Grass, Flying, Bug and Normal. The rest is still a mystery to me, even on the TV."

"I can tell you all the types." Ash walked forward, ready to say all 18 of them. "We have Dragon, Ghost, Flying, Poison, Bug, Water, Rock, Grass and Dark, Electric, Ice and Normal too Fire, Fighting and Steel, Ground and Psychic and Fairy." He went over all of them by pointing at Pokemon of each type, including his Pikachu.

"I never knew there were so many of them..." Troy was starstruck.

"I was surprised too, Troy. 18's a pretty big amount." Rainbow responded.

"And they're all great in their own way. There's even double-typings, ya know." Ash explained.

"Wow...if I ever get a Pokemon one day....I actually don't know which one I would want." Troy was daydreaming about having a Pokemon of his own to be by his side.

"If you had to choose, I'd say go for Flying-Types." Rainbow Dash sent out her Braviary. "There's no better field to battle on than in the skies!"

"Braviary!"

"Or, you could go for Normal. It may be ordinary but simple is best." Fluttershy recommended as she looked at her Audino.

"You've got tons of choices to choose from one day if you ever get the chance. And maybe you can even build your own awesome team." Ash spoke.

"Yeah. One day..." Troy looked at his legs.

"But, you can still hang around Pokemon. I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind that?" Fluttershy asked.

"Oh, hanging around Pokemon is something that I can actually do."

"Great! Come on, Audi. Get comfortable with Troy." Fluttershy turned to her signature Pokemon. Audino walked up to Troy as Pikachu jumped off Fluttershy's shoulders, landing on Troy's legs. Braviary flew beside Troy, floating there.

"Come on out and say hi, you guys." Ash sent out his Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu and Farfetch'd to join in. Dragonite immediately went over to Troy, giving him a hug as the other Pokemon was sucked into the hug as well.

"What a wonderful feeling..." Like everyone else, Troy had melted by Dragonite's hugs. Rainbow Dash sent out her other Pokemon; Whirlipede, Altaria and Luxio. Fluttershy called for some of the Pokemon around here as they all came towards Troy.

Troy had never felt and seen so many Pokemon around him before. This was the first time he's ever experienced some of this. And the happiness he felt was some of the best in a long time. Equal to that of his Birthday parties. Troy put his hands over his eyes, feeling grateful for finally being able to see this other world and see so many Pokemon at the same time. And just like that, Troy instantly saw Ash as a friend. A great friend to rely on and one who keeps his promises.

Ash noticed that time was running short, and he had to get Troy back home. "Looks like we're running out of time. We've spent a lot here in Ponyville."

"Aw...we're leaving already?" Troy sighed.

"Yeah. I didn't get to introduce you to ALL of my friends, but I promise that next time I'll bring you back here to see even more."

"You will?"

"Of course! I already kept my promise today, and you can bet I'll do the same next time." Ash smiled.

"Pikachu!"

"It was nice meeting you Troy. Hope you recover soon." Fluttershy said.

"And when you do, let's have a battle sometime!" Rainbow uttered.

"Okay! Thank you everyone!"

Returning back to their world, Ash and Troy moved all the way over to Troy's home. And right on time too. Ash managed to get Troy back before 12:00. He knocked on the door with the parents opening up. They were surprised that Ash actually managed to bring him back.

"Y-You actually did it?" The father's jaw dropped.

"Yep. Safe and sound and he get to see some neat stuff too."

"Pika-Pika!"

"Amazing...you really did keep your promise. Oh thank you so much, Ash!" The mother spoke as she went over to hug her son. "I'm so glad nothing bad happened to him. Did you have fun at the other world, Troy dear?"

"Yeah, mom! I haven't forgotten about it for even a small bit. I had the most fun I've had in years!" Troy had a wide smile on his face. The widest his parents had ever seen. They could help but feel glad that Troy had a friend that they could count on.

"Ash. I was pretty judgemental about you. Even though I saw the determination in your eyes, I still felt uneasy with my son being away." The dad said. "But after seeing you come back with him, fresh and safe along with him having the biggest smile I've ever seen yet, I can safely say that you're definitely a kid that we can count on."

"And a great friend for Troy. I hope this doesn't sound too needy but...would you mind taking Troy out to the other world a couple times, if you do have the time that is?" The mom asked.

"Of course! I'll be sure to help and guide him until the day he recovers." Ash gave a thumbs up.

"Pikachu!"

"Wonderful. Well, come on in Troy. And tell us everything about the place." The dad brought his son back inside as Ash said his farewells to Troy's family.

Today was a great day for Troy. The best in years. With him getting his wish on seeing the other side, he's found an ever greater source of happiness he can share with his parents who used to be worried 24/7. And a new friendship has been formed by Ash once more, as the journey continues.


Chapter 115 End!

Author's Note:

Woohoo, more supporting characters. Just to stay in the spirit of Season 5

PreviousChapters Next