• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,893 Views, 7,932 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,932
 22,893

PreviousChapters Next
Rainbow Dash vs Spitfire

The time had come for the final day of the Canterlot Tournament.

The remaining 6 trainers were ready to perform at their absolute best and what they were capable of at the moment. The remaining trainers were Rainbow Dash, Spitfire, Daylight Blazer, Princess Luna and two other trainers.

Excitement is overflowing on this 5th and final day as the crowd couldn't wait to see who would come out on top as the definitive victor.

The first match of the day was none other than the anticipated Rainbow Dash vs Spitfire match. The main reason why Rainbow Dash even joined this tournament in the first place among with other things.

There was no time for waiting around as both pegasi had already made their way out to the battlefield, which had currently been transformed thanks to the devastating Boomburst caused Vinyl's Exploud.

After battling their way to the top of this tournament, Rainbow Dash and Spitfire are now prepared to show everypony what they're truly capable of.

"Finally...This is what I've been waiting for." Rainbow Dash said to herself.

"I've really been looking forward to this battle with you, Crash. This'll be a fun match, I can tell. But I won't let you win it. No matter what." Spitfire smirked.

"We'll see." Rainbow retorted.

"Today's battle will be a 5v5. When all 5 of either trainer's Pokemon are unable to continue the battle will be over. Substitution is allowed. There are 15 minutes in total for this battle and onwards. You may both bring out your Pokemon now!" The referee announced.

"Let's go! Whirlipede!" Rainbow Dash sent out Whirlipede first by throwing her Poke Ball.

"Whirl!"

"Come out! Sharpedo!" For Spitfire, her first choice was the Brutal Pokemon, Sharpedo. A Pokemon that is feared across Equestria and she had managed to tame one.

"Sharpedo!"

"Sharpedo? This could be trouble..." Rainbow Dash clenched her teeth.

"I can't believe she tamed a Sharpedo. Those things are brutal and relentless." Twilight stood up.

"Just goes to show what a good trainer is capable of." Ash nodded.

"Pikachu."

"Go get em, Rainbow Dash and Whirlipede!" Scootaloo cheered from the crowd.

"Battle begin!"

"Whirlipede! Steamroller, let's go!"

"Whirl...Ipede!" Starting strong, Whirlipede spun around on the spot, charging forward towards the Brutal Pokemon whilst avoiding the holes in the ground.

"Sharpedo! Aqua Jet!"

"Shar!" With blitzing speeds, Sharpedo bolted forward like a jet with an aura of water surrounding him.

Both Pokemon crashed into each other with robust force, entering a small struggle for a bit. They both managed to cancel each other out, flying back and returning to their trainers.

Whirlipede had increased in speed thanks to its ability Speed Boost, but he wasn't the only one. Sharpedo's hidden ability is Speed Boost, meaning that it also increased in speed. And it was already fast enough, to begin with.

"Use Crunch, repeatedly!"

"Sharpedo!" The Brutal Pokemon's teeth suddenly gained a dark purple aura as he lunged towards his opponent.

"Here it comes! Dodge and use Venoshock!"

"Pede!" The Curlipede Pokemon barely avoided Sharpedo as the Brutal Pokemon's teeth chipped Whirlipede's hard shell, making him flinch a bit. Nevertheless, Whirlipede sent a stream of purple poisonous liquid that got all over Sharpedo, causing an explosion on impact.

Despite that powerful explosion and attack, Sharpedo flew out of the smoke, continuing his Crunch assault. The Brutal Pokemon bit onto Whirlipede's hard shell, digging deep into it as he now had the Curlipede Pokemon in his grasp.

"Ah! Whirlipede!"

"Gotcha!" Spitfire grinned. "Now fly up with Aqua Jet!"

"Shar...pedo!" The Water-Dark Type used Aqua Jet to take flight whilst still holding Whirlipede.

"Holy moly! What's she planning?!" The announcer and everypony looked up in the sky, wondering what could follow next from Spitfire's command.

"Now! Use Hydro Pump to shoot Whirlipede back down!"

"Shar..." Sharpedo charged up a powerful blast of water in his mouth, ready to unload on the Curlipede Pokemon.

"Quick, Whirlipede! Use Steamroller to break free!"

"Whirli...pede!" By spinning his body inside of Sharpedo's mouth, Whirlipede's hard and durable shell managed to hit all of Sharpedo's 10 teeth at high speeds.

However, Sharpedo is known for having fangs so sharp they can crush iron and tear through a supertanker. So this did nothing to him at all. He didn't even wince or flinch once.

Unamused by Whirlipede's attempts to break free, the Brutal Pokemon unleashed a high volume blast of water under great pressure from its mouth, engulfing Whirlipede and forcing him back down to the ground. The impact of Whirlipede and Hydro Pump hitting the ground caused a bit of a drizzle to form as the battlefield was now partially moist and wet.

"Oh, no! Whirlipede!" Rainbow Dash gasped, leaning forward.

"Oh my! I'm not sure that even Whirlipede can handle that!" Fluttershy covered her eyes with her wings.

"Look again!" Rarity pointed her hoof forward at the cloud of smoke that was fading away.

To everypony's surprise, Whirlipede did in fact withstand that attack. But it really did a number on him, leaving him a bit weakened. "Whirli..."

"Would ya look at that?! That Whirlipede's sturdy hard shell is no joke, that's for sure!" said the Announcer.

"You okay, Whirlipede?!"

"Whirlipede."

"You did well. So come back for now." Rainbow Dash chose to return her Whirlipede. "Alright...if I send Luxio out, I should be able to deal with Sharpedo but...what if she switches out for Flygon because of that?" Rainbow Dash was starting to overthink a little bit.

"Oh no... Rainbow Dash is overthinking." Applejack noticed the unsure look on Rainbow Dash's face. She's seen it before and knew what that meant.

"She can't overthink now of all times. This is her biggest match yet and it has just started." Rarity shook her head.

"I can't risk it. I'll go for Altaria instead!" Out came the Humming Pokemon as a means to take down Sharpedo.

"Altaria!" The Humming Pokemon roared beautifully at Sharpedo as the Brutal Pokemon roared back at her.

"Okay, Altaria! Disarming Voice!"

"Altaaaaa!" As Altaria took to the skies, she let out a beautiful sound from her gaping mouth, sending pink sound waves in the shape of hearts.

"Sharpedo! Use Aqua Jet to dodge and strike Altaria!

"Shar! Sharpedo!" By propelling himself forward, Sharpedo manoeuvred himself around the sound waves, evading them with swiftness. His insane speed allowed him to instantly crash into Altaria with Aqua Jet, knocking her back.

"Tari!"

"Use Disarming Voice one more time!"

"Taaaaa!" The Humming Pokemon recovered by spinning around as she caught Sharpedo off guard, hitting him with a beautiful melodic blast of sound.

The charming sounds of Disarming Voice pierced Sharpedo's ears as he took some considerable damage from it.

"Hydro Pump!"

"Sharpe!" Sharpedo returned the favour by sending a high pressured blast of water towards the Dragon-Flying-Type.

"Ice Beam, quick!"

"Alta!" Altaria quickly countered by blasting a beam of ice that collided with the blast of water. Like most other attacks, they went into a struggle, but Hydro Pump proved to be stronger as it tore through Ice Beam, engulfing Altaria. "Altaria!"

"Now! Smash Altaria with Zen Headbutt!"

"Shar!" By concentrating all of its willpower into its head, purple energy beams formed as Sharpedo charged forward. Thanks to Speed Boost, he reached Altaria before Rainbow Dash could think of a way to counter this. Sharpedo smashed his head onto Altaria's stomach, causing the Humming Pokemon to grimace.

The force of Sharpedo's headbutt forced Altaria back down to the ground, creating a fairly large crater from the impact.

"Ah! Altaria, no!" Rainbow Dash hoped that Altaria wasn't done for. Thankfully, she wasn't.

"Altaria!" The Humming Pokemon spread her wings, separating the smoke that surrounded her.

"Dragon Pulse, let's go!"

"Finish Altaria off with Hydro Pump!"

Both Pokemon charged up their strongest moves, ready to seal the deal. As the two attacks of different elements met, Dragon Pulse proved to be capable of lasting longer than Ice Beam.

But Sharpedo's special attack proved to be superior as Hydro Pump was overpowering Dragon Pulse with the blast of water slowly approaching Altaria, who was struggling to hold it back.

"Al...Taria!"

"Hang in there, Altaria!"

"Altaria!" The Humming Pokemon tried to add some extra power to her attack, but it was no use. Hydro Pump had defeated Dragon Pulse, blasting Altaria as it engulfed her body. "Tari!"

"Altaria, no!"

An unfortunate outcome for Rainbow Dash and her Altaria. Her strength just couldn't compare to the power of Sharpedo's Hydro Pump.

However, despite the power gap, Altaria was still active as she flew out of the smoke, tumbling on the ground. She got back up with her wings being tattered. That attack really knocked the wind out of her.

"Thank Celestia..." Rainbow Dash sighed. "Return, for now, Altaria." Altaria had been returned without fainting. But now Rainbow Dash was slowly starting to be backed into a corner.

"It's great that Altaria's still able to battle but boy that Sharpedo's a problem." Pinkie said.

"Why doesn't Rainbow Dash just use her Luxio?" Scootaloo was confused.

"Because she's scared that Flygon's gonna come in and ruin that. Luxio only attacking moves are Discharge and Wild Charge." Ash explained. "That's why she was overthinking earlier."

"Oh, right. Bummer..." Scootaloo pouted.

"But...there is one move that can help her with that problem." Ash knew by the look of Rainbow Dash's smile, she had something planned. And it involved Luxio's third move.

"Let's hope this works. Go! Luxio!" Up next, the Spark Pokemon Luxio.

"Xio! Luxio!"

"Oh, so you're finally using your Luxio, eh? Return Sharpedo and come out, Flygon!" As expected, Spitfire swapped Sharpedo for her Flygon.

"Gon! Flygon!"

"Gotcha...Use Roar!"

"Lu....XIO!" Luxio's became outlined in red energy as he let out a mightly howl with invisible waves that expand outward. The sound of the Roar reached across the battlefield, affecting Flygon as the wind pressures pushed Flygon back slightly.

This roar sounded akin to that of a full-grown Pyroar instead of a little Luxio. Even the rocks around the battlefield were being blown away by this immense roar.

"Fly...Flygon!" Flygon got a bit scared of this unexpectedly fierce roar. And as expected, it retreated into its Poke Ball by its own will.

"What the?!" Spitfire gasped, looking at her Poke Ball. She then noticed that Sharpedo came out by force since he was the previous Pokemon utilized.

"Yes! Now use Wild Charge!"

"Xio!" Since Spitfire was still confused, Luxio took full advantage of the situation, bolting forward like a lightning bolt as he left a long trail of electricity behind.

Luxio smashed into Sharpedo who was confused on why Spitfire hadn't given the command to dodge or counteract. Once the Spark Pokemon tackled Sharpedo whilst also giving him an electric shock full of 60,000 volts.

"Shar!"

"Discharge!"

"Lux!" As Luxio took recoil damage from Wild Charge, he didn't let up for a second, Luxio continued the attack by surrounding the entire battlefield with a violent blast of electricity that made contact with the Brutal Pokemon.

That combination of Wild Charge and Discharge was so powerful that it was actually enough to not only give Sharpedo a run for his money but it actually made him faint as he fell to the ground with sparks of electricity surrounding his body.

"Sharpedo..."

"Sharpedo is unable to battle! Luxio wins!"

"After an intense struggle, Rainbow Dash finally takes out Spitfire's Sharpedo!"

"What was that...?" Spitfire raised an eyebrow.

"It's called Roar. It may seem like a basic Normal-Type move, but it actually forces a Pokemon to go back into its Poke Ball. Normal may be basic but simple is best." Rainbow Dash smirked with confidence.

"Lux." The Spark Pokemon nodded in agreement.

"Hmph. I'll make sure to keep that kind of move in mind in my future battles." Spitfire returned Sharpedo. "And you won't pull the same trick on me again!" She tossed her Poke Ball forward, sending out Flygon once more.

"Fly!"

"We'll just force it out again! Use R-"

"Screech!"

Spitfire was right about making sure Rainbow Dash and Luxio wouldn't pull their Roar stunt again. Flygon had the better experience with sound-based moves considering what it's known for, so it pulled off Screech before Luxio could use Roar.

"G̵͔̈́O̴̳̩͠O̶̧͔͂Ò̸̗O̵̮̿O̷̡͐̀O̶͍͉͑O̸̜̔N̷͖͗̇!" An earsplitting Screech came out Flygon's mouth, piercing Luxio's and every Pokemon's ears.

"Xio..L-Luxio!" Luxio got on the ground, covering his ears as he was trying to ignore the horrible sound of Screech, but to no avail.

"Hang in there, Luxio! Use Roar!"

"Louder!" Spitfire raised her voice, prompting Flygon to do the same. Now with an even stronger Screech beating down on Luxio, the Spark Pokemon found it difficult to ignore it. He wanted the sound to stop as soon as it could.

"Good. Now use Superpower!"

"Flygon!" Flygon put a stop to screech, charging forward with a ton of power packed into its claws as Flygon approached a recovering Luxio who's ears were vibrating after hearing Screech.

"Look out, Luxio! Use Roar, quick!"

"Lux?" Luxio took some time to hear Rainbow Dash's commands as Screech messed up his hearing a bit. He looked up to see that Flygon was right in his face all of a sudden, raising its draconic claws. "Xio?!"

"GON!" Flygon slashed Luxio with Superpower, causing the Spark Pokemon to hit the ground so hard that he went through it, making even more holes inside of the already damaged battlefield.

"Luxio, no!"

It was unsure of what happened to Luxio since he had gone through the ground due to Flygon's immense power. All the crowd could see was a hole shaped like Luxio as the Spark Pokemon was nowhere to be found.

"Is Luxio okay?!" Fluttershy stood up.

"It took the full brunt of Superpower and straight through the ground. I'm not sure anyone can withstand that." Twilight shook her head.

Now the entire crowd was wondering what had happened to Luxio and if he was still able to battle.

"Luxio! Where are you?!" Rainbow Dash called for her Pokemon, desperately trying to reach him.

"Oh...Maybe I went a bit too far." Spitfire winced.

Deep inside of the ground, Luxio had been buried there with its body still feeling the after-effects of Superpower. His ears were still vibrating after Screech as he was all tattered up and covered in dirt.

Then, Luxio could hear the voice of Rainbow Dash call for him in the ground. He could hear how worried she was for him due to her tone and how she constantly called desperately for his name.

"Lux..." Luxio knew that he couldn't be defeated in a pathetic way like this. Like many of Rainbow Dash's Pokemon, he had no intention of letting his trainer down. "Xio..."

With all the strength he had left, Luxio dug deep, trying his very best to break free from the ground. At first, he used Discharge to try and break free, but that was no good whatsoever.

He then tried to use Wild Charge by charging out of here at high-speeds. But even that didn't work. After all, Electric-Types are bad against anything ground related, much like how most Rock-Types hate going in the water. And since Luxio was inside of the ground itself, it was no wonder that he couldn't do anything.

Frustrated by his own helplessness, Luxio felt completely defeated at this point. And he hadn't even fainted yet. However, that wasn't enough to break his spirit. Luxio was a gutsy Pokemon at heart. And this wasn't about to let him just give up completely.

And that's all it took. With pure determination and vigour, Luxio had learned a new move. His tail hardened up, reflecting that of metal.

Luxio had just learned Iron Tail.

"Lu...XIO!" The Spark Pokemon began swinging his hardened tail inside of the ground frantically. Each swinging was slowly destroying his surroundings, breaking every piece of the ground there was to get back out there and battle on.

"Audi...?" Audino could hear the sounds of Luxio slowly breaking free thanks to her exceptional hearing.

The referee assumed that Luxio was unable to continue so he was about to make the call. "Luxio is-"

"Wait! Look!" Spitfire pointed her hoof at the ground, noticing how it was shaking all of a sudden. The entire crowd leaned forward to see how rocks were suddenly flying up from the tremors being caused from underneath the battlefield.

The assumed defeated Luxio had finally broken free as he swung his Iron Tail upwards, erupting from the ground as he split it in half.

"Lux!"

"Luxio! You're okay!" Rainbow Dash yelled with joy in her voice. "And you learned Iron Tail!"

"Xio!"

"Would ya look that..." Spitfire's eyes widened, impressed by Luxio's persistence. "That's one tough Electric-Type, that's for sure. We've got ourselves a battle."

"Alright, Luxio! Iron Tail! Go!"

"Luxio!" The Spark Pokemon jumped towards Flygon, swinging his tail downwards at the Mystic Pokemon.

"Use Dragon Tail!"

"Fly...GON!" The Ground-Flying used its own tail attack in the form of Dragon Tail. Both tail attacks clashed, causing a seismic shockwave that almost shattered the seats of the crowd, causing them all to almost lose their balance.

Luxio and Flygon continuously clashed their tails together like two swords clashing. Luxio's tail swing was on the faster side, packed with more ferocity compared to Flygon who was more precise with its swinging.

Luxio increased the speed of his tail swing, pouring the pressure on Flygon as he was pushing Dragon Tail back. To say that Luxio was a ferocious Pokemon was an understatement.

"Fly! Flygon?!" Flygon was struggling to hold Iron Tail back as Dragon Tail was being fended off each time they clashed their tails together.

"Xio!" Eventually, Luxio overwhelmed Dragon Tail, smashing his hardened Iron Tail onto Flygon's chest. He left his tail on Flygon's chest for a bit until he finally launched the Mystic Pokemon to the ground, causing a crater to form.

"Yes! Awesome work, Luxio!"

"Xio." The Spark Pokemon landed on the ground, standing with pride.

"Flygon." The Mystic Pokemon got back up, shaking its head. Flygon was certainly surprised at Luxio's sudden burst in power.

"You okay, Flygon?"

"Gon."

"Okay, Luxio! Use Iron Tail again!"

"Lux!" Capitalizing on his newly learned move, the Spark Pokemon charged forward with his tail being hardened.

"Flygon! Fire Blast!"

"FLYGON!" Out of its gaping mouth, Flygon unleashed a 大 shaped blast towards its approaching opponent.

"Jump!"

"Xio!" Luxio jumped over Fire Blast, barely avoiding it as some of the flames managed to hit his legs. Nevertheless, he persisted. The Electric-Type smashed his tail on Flygon's head, causing the Mystic Pokemon to wince and fall back down to the ground.

"What an impact!" The announcer exclaimed.

"That was a head-on Iron Tail! It had to have taken out Flygon!" Scootaloo spoke.

Anticipating the result, Luxio jumped back with his tail returning to normal. The dust settled as the outcome of Flygon's current state had been revealed. It was still standing, which made Luxio and Rainbow Dash gasp.

"That Flygon's something else!"

"Lux!"

"I'll admit. You had me scared there, Crash. Your Luxio's way too dangerous. Which is why I need to get rid of it quick."

"We'll see about that!"

The two pegasi and their Pokemon faced each other with their excitement growing and their blood boiling from the exhilarating rush of this battle.

The outcome of this battle is officially unpredictable and too early to call. The fiery spirit of both trainers rages with ferocity as the Canterlot Tournament continues.


Chapter 260 End.

PreviousChapters Next