• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,892 Views, 7,932 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,932
 22,892

PreviousChapters Next
Short: Wishing for a father

Author's Note:

A short was needed after the previous chapters I wrote. Plus we're nearing the end of the Second Pokemon Festival.

Ponyville. The Pokemon Festival. 12:30.

"Can't believe they got to go on a cruise ship and I didn't..." Barry sulked as he sat on a table, eating some cookies.

"Maybe next time." Cilan patted him on the back. "There's always the next festival next year."

"Man!" Barry slammed his hands on the table. "Ash is so lucky sometimes! I swear, that guy and Paul always love being one step ahead of me, don't they?!" He grizzled his teeth while furiously eating his cookies.

While Barry devours his food as Cilan laughs, Ponyville was getting some new arrivals for the Pokemon Festival. Straight from various parts of Equestria or even the Pokemon World as well.

One of which was Premium Polish, who decided to come to Ponyville next for the Pokemon Festival. She wasn't here for any Pokemon Contests since Ponyville doesn't have a contest hall.

Meaning her bodyguards weren't with her right now. Mostly because she went out without informing her mother So this time, she was on her own with her Pokemon by her side at all time.

Right now, her mother wasn't home. She was off partaking in the usual activities that Premium will never know about. For multiple reasons that involve a certain chip.

"Finally. Ponyville." She said, coming across the small town. "Small and simple. I like it." Having a good feeling about this place and knowing this is where her rival Sweetie Belle normally resides, the little unicorn was ready to explore and do whatever she can in this town by taking part in attractions.

There weren't many attractions here in Ponyville. Very few actually, but they were enjoyable either way. Her Pokemon had been sent out to enjoy Ponyville and what it had to offer. However, her Pokemon weren't exactly in the same happy mood as her.

Not after what happened yesterday, after all.

Her Pokemon made sure to stay extra close instead of wandering off somewhere. After all, the memory chip inside of Premium Polish's saddlebag is by far the most important thing here as it reminds them of what happened that very night.

But Premium Polish didn't know that. Neither does she even remember. But for now, she'll create new memories today on the third day of the second week of the Pokemon Festival.

The little unicorn got started by eating some of the same cookies that Barry had eaten. They were made in the Pokemon World so their taste was vastly different. But still delicious either way.

She went over to a face-painting booth, getting herself a Delcatty face paint. Her Pokemon were given the same treatment as they received face paints of their pre-evolved forms.

They also took part in the fairly popular tug-of-war attraction but quickly lost because of the opposing teams' superior strength. Seemingly in numbers. They were involved with the Dodgeball attraction but the Pokemon came out on top for obvious reasons and they even participated in the difficult, tense and addicting Poke-End game.

Needless to say, they were having a blast. Well, Premium was having the most fun. Her Pokemon, yes, but they were still a bit affected from yesterday. But seeing their trainer smile and have so much fun was enough to almost make them forget about yesterday.

But they couldn't.

The next form of entertainment they came across was different from the attractions. It wasn't actually an attraction even. It was a wishing stand. Run by an employee wearing shrine clothing that looked to resemble the colours of Jirachi.

"Wishing stand?" Premium said as she looked at all the notes that were on the table. Each of them having multiple wishes on them.

"Right. Are you interested in making a wish?" The employee asked.

"Sure. Sounds fun. What are all these notes for?"

"Oh." The employee lifted the notes. "These are wishing notes. All written by those who have their own wishes that they want to be granted one day. By Jirachi."

"Jirachi? Who's that?"

"The Wish Pokemon. And the one Pokemon that is capable of granting any wish, no matter what."

"Oh!" Premium shot up. "Really? A Pokemon like that exists?"

"Certainly does. There's a Pokemon for everything as they say. And wishing is no exception. Everyone wants a wish from Jirachi. It's a highly popular Pokemon despite being rarely seen. Although, that's to be expected from a Legendary Pokemon."

"I bet I could get a wish from Jirachi if I ever meet it," Premium smirked. "So, does it look at the notes and grant the wishes?"

"Not quite. You see, for Jirachi to grant a wish, you can't just ask it. You need to place the note on its head so that Jirachi knows what to grant when it wakes up."

"Ah...When does it wake up?"

"Every thousand years."

"Thousand?!" Premium shot back.

"But! There have been more frequent sightings of Jirachi recently. The same can be said for most Legendary Pokemon. So perhaps Jirachi's thousand-year sleep isn't as frequent anymore. Which is why there are so many notes than usual."

"Phew..." Premium Polish sighed. "Don't know if I can go a thousand years waiting for a wish..."

"So, what will it be? Do you have any wishes you would like?"

"Any wishes? Hmm..." Premium began to ponder what she would wish for. Her current lifestyle is seemingly perfect. The large mansion she and her mother live in is already a major example of that. "What do I want?"

"I know what I want." Just then, someone else had come over, already knowing what wish they wanted. And that someone was Delia Ketchum. From the gateway next door connecting to Pallet Town. Right now, she was wearing black shades and a sunhat for one reason.

"Great. Just write it down and we'll have something new for Jirachi. Hopefully, it doesn't get too overcrowded here soon on the table." said the employee.

"Well, only three notes can fit on its head, isn't that what they say?" Delia grabbed a note and the pen on the table. "I'm hoping for an early wish, after all." She slightly lowered her glasses, showing a bit of her face.

And the moment she did that, Premium Polish could recognize the face of Delia Ketchum from the first glance. Just from the eyes as well even.

"Oh! You're Delia Ketchum!"

"Eep!" Delia squealed as she quickly turned to face Premium. "H-Hello..." She nervously waved with a grin.

"Wow!" The little unicorn's eyes shined. "I can't believe I'm standing next to the mother of Ash Ketchum!" She screeched as she pranced on the spot.

"Yes...That's me." Delia sighed. "Ash's mother."

"Lucky me! I get to stand next to the-"

"Um. Perhaps keep it down a bit. For a few reasons." Delia hushed Premium as she took off her glasses, looking around the area. "I want to keep myself secret for the time being."

"Trying to keep yourself hidden?" The employee asked.

"Yes." Delia nodded. "Unfortunately, being the mother of a hero tends to draw in a large crowd to your home. It was fun and nice at first being so popular but now it's just overwhelming..."

"Oh. Sorry. Am I being a bother?" Premium pouted.

"Not at all." Delia shook her head. "As long as it's not multiple crowding around me, one is fine. Now, for my wish."

"Oh! What would a Ketchum wish for?" Premium asked questions out of pure curiosity because of how she viewed Ash, his mother and to an extent, his Pokemon. "Something grand, huge, awe-inspiring, marvellous?!"

"No. Just to wish my husband good luck on his journey as always."

"Huh?" Premium paused.

"It's the one wish I always go for." Premium wrote on the note. "Even before I knew about Jirachi. Wishing my husband good luck is the only wish I ever use. So does Ash, even if he hasn't seen his father for years now. The Pokemon World is vast and unpredictable, even for some of the best trainers out there. It's always nice to wish those that you love good luck on their journeys. Or anything, really."

"That's a wish everyone can get behind." The employee agreed.

"Okay. That's a good wish too." Premium nodded.

"What about you, dear? You must want something large. What's your wish?" Delia asked.

"Oh. Hm." Premium shifted her eyes around. "I haven't decided yet. I really don't know what I want. Never wished for anything before. I think I've got everything I need. At least for now."

"Everything you need for now sounds perfect and fine in itself." Delia placed her glasses back on. "I know if I had everything, I wouldn't wish for much, save for a few things."

"Guess so. But I do still want to try and wish for something at least. Maybe better luck in my contests?"

"Swan!" Just then, her Pokemon decided to act on this. They actually had a wish they wanted to grant for Premium Polish only. Swanna flew over to the table, picking the pen up with her beak. Her Masquerain also flew over, bringing the paper over to Swanna as she started writing the wish down.

"Huh? What are you two doing?" Premium looked at her Pokemon as Swanna and the others agreed what the wish would be.

"Seems like your Pokemon have a wish they want for you." said the employee as she observed the mannerisms of the Pokemon.

"Really? For me?" Premium looked down at the paper that Swanna was writing on. However, Swanna doesn't exactly know how to write, so the words on the paper weren't even words. Just crooked and jumbled up lines and scribbles.

"Swanna!" Swanna showed Premium the wish despite how there were barely any words on it.

"Uh, thanks but...I can't really understand this." Premium chuckled. "But it's nice that you all want to wish me something. Whatever it is. Wait, can Pokemon get wishes granted to?"

"Maybe." The employee shrugged. "History and legend only tell of humans having their wishes granted by Jirachi. Although, Salamence can grant its own wish as a Bagon."

"Wish I could speak Pokemon. Then I'd really know what they wanted. Is there a way to do so?"

"Um..." The employee bit her finger."Well, we do have translators but they're not here in Ponyville at the moment..."

"Oh!" Delia clapped her hands together. "I know! Mimey can translate for you!"

"Who?" Premium turned to Delia.

"Mimey! Come in here!" She called for her Mr Mime.

"Mime!" One single call and the Barrier Pokemon came dashing over, wearing some tourist clothing. "Mime-Mime!"

"Mimey here can help. Mr Mimes' are known for their top-notch pantomime skills, after all. And Mimey's been practising some handwriting pantomime. If not everything."

"Mime!"

"Oh. Okay, that can help. I really want to know what they wished for anyway. Maybe something about my contests!"

"Mimey. See if you can write down their wish for their trainer over here." Delia pointed at the Pokemon and Premium.

"Mime-Mime!" Mimey understood what it had to do. Ask the Pokemon what their wish was and write it down for them. Simple enough.

And that's what it did. Swanna and the others revealed the wish to the Barrier Pokemon and Mimey got to work. It started writing down the wish as Premium Polish was anticipating it.

Premium's Pokemon wanted only one wish. And that involved family matters. The memory chip wasn't apart of the wish because it can be solved by physical means. The real wish can also be solved by physical means but it is more special to Pokemon in their opinion.

"Mime!" Mimey finished writing down the wish, showing it to Premium Polish and the others. The little unicorn then started reading what was written down.

"To give our trainer a father." Premium read. "You all want me to have a father?"

"Swanna!"

"Masq!"

"Flareon!"

"Steenee!"

"Wow. That's actually something I didn't think of." Premium looked at the paper with a deep stare as the thought of a father was swirling her mind now.

"Oh. Do you not have a father?" Delia asked.

"Mime?"

"No..." Premium's tone was shifting. "Come to think of it...why don't I have one?" Just like yesterday, those same reactions and thoughts were coming in. Even if there was a new memory chip in her head, she would still react the same way to everything she either hears or experiences.

"Well, I'm not sure wishing for a father is a very common wish. Especially for Jirachi." The employee scratched her chin. "But it's a wish nonetheless, right?"

"Well, I was thinking of maybe making my luck in Pokemon Contests even better but..." Premium used her magic to bring the paper over. "I actually do kind of- no. I really want a father."

"Flareon!" Flareon and the others nodded in agreement.

Premium stared at the wish for a while as she had already fully agreed that this was the wish she wanted. More than anything really. Having a father would practically make her seemingly perfect life completely whole and even more perfect.

"Okay then. Just place the note here." The employee patted the table.

"Right but..." Premium Polish was starting to think about something else. "Maybe it's best that I don't add this in."

"Swan?" Swanna and the others pulled back after hearing that.

"Hm? Why is that?" The employee asked.

"Well, I'm not sure if this is something I want Jirachi to grant. I mean, it can grant any wish but..." Premium Polish was trying to figure out what she wanted to say. She was finding it difficult to put it into understandable words.

But from how she was speaking and her emotion, Delia could immediately decipher what the little unicorn was trying to say as she finished her sentence for her.

"You want it to be natural, right?"

"Huh?" Premium looked up at Delia.

"Having a father isn't something that you want to be given to you by a higher form of power." Delia kneeled, looking down at the little filly. "You want a father in a genuine way. The same way everyone does, right?"

"Oh...that's it!" Premium nodded. "It was a bit hard to say it, but thank you, Miss Ketchum. That's how I want it!"

"Well, I hope you'll receive it very soon." Delia patted Premium on the head. "Perhaps you can chat with your mother and see if a step-father is possible."

"Sure will! Thank you!" Premium ran off to continue experiencing the festival as her Pokemon followed. Delia watched Premium Polish run off as she herself was wondering about the whole father situation.

She wouldn't be the first to wonder about Premium Polish's father. Not at all.


Pallet Town. Ketchum Household. 13:00.

Delia decided to come back for a little while before getting into more of the Pokemon Festival. Previously, she had already done a lot in the first week of the festival and the second week might burn her out. She, unfortunately, doesn't have as much energy as her son.

As she entered her home and took her disguise off, she looked over at the wall which had pictures plastered on. One of those pictures was of Ash's father and her husband.

Seeing it also reminded her of Premium Polish and her unknown father. In a sense, just like Ash, her father's presence near her is non-existent. But unlike Ash, she has never seen her father before.

Delia was also wondering when her husband will return one day. She knows that Ash's father and his grandfather are still out there on a journey somewhere with the aim of becoming Pokemon Masters themselves. That journey seems endless at this point and even Ash is pursuing that goal too.

"Maybe when you get back, Ash will be a Pokemon Master by then. Or maybe you've beaten him to it." Delia grabbed the picture frame of Ash's father, looking at him.

At times, if not all the time, it feels like this timeless adventure might as well be truly eternal and neverending for her family. Even if she knows that her husband is safe out there, she can't help but worry sometimes.

Taking care of Ash as a child was difficult, but thankfully, over the years, he's been able to take care of himself with others helping. But even with Ash and how he is now, Delia is still a worried mother for both her son and husband. And the wishes are just an example of that.

But even with her worries, she knew that in some way, her family always finds a way to make it through whatever life-threatening obstacle or event may come their way. And yet, it's still natural for her to worry.

"Come back soon." Delia placed the picture back on the wall. She knows that one day, he'll return.

Whenever that day comes, She and Ash will be here to see him once more. And as a bonus, Ash's Pokemon will have the chance to see their trainer's father for the first time. Until then, that fateful day will arrive someday as the journey continues.


Chapter 357 End.

PreviousChapters Next