• Published 14th Jun 2020
  • 22,915 Views, 7,933 Comments

My Little Pokémon - Amarvax



The world of Pokemon and the world of My Little Pony cross paths.

  • ...
52
 7,933
 22,915

PreviousChapters Next
Jealousy? Not a problem

Equestria. Magehold. Afternoon.

"Hello, children!" Greeting the young vampires was Fantina once they entered the classroom where Fantina was waiting for her. It was already close to the third week and Fantina was still under Rosa Maledicta's rule. They were mainly happy to see Fantina's Pokemon but after the dangerous event that happened prior to all of this, some of them were happy to see Fantina herself.

"Gengar!" Gengar would be tackled by the foals who were excited to see him yet again. Thanks to his fairly round build, he rolled with them on the floor. Some of them would try and do the same with Mismagius, only for the Ghost-Type to make herself intangible, causing them to crash into some toys. It was risky crashing into these toys considering how volatile they were. Some of them already harmed themselves.

"Ow..." A filly looked at her hoof as the sharpness of the toys got to her. Another foal found a bruise on himself and a few more injuries were made.

"Oh. Are you alright?" Fantina kneeled, facing the little foals and their injuries. Dusknoir would shove the toys aside after seeing the children receive some harm. "These toys of yours are a bit too dangerous for your age. But then again...it's all natural here for you."

"It's not that dangerous." But to foals, this wasn't all that dangerous to them. They've already grown accustomed to it, which concerned Fantina. But she had little to worry about aside from their own safety. She also had Rattle, who was the least into all of this.

"Anyway. We've started class a bit later than usual. You were all exhausted yesterday so I couldn't let you all show up." said Fantina.

"Yeah. And we got a bit of a scolding." One of the foals replied, removing a needle from her mane. "They weren't thrilled with us showing back home so soon."

"Well, I had to. If you're absolutely exhausted, you head home. It's natural." But that's when it clicked with Fantina. After what happened at the Old Magehold Seas, the older vampires didn't seem to care about the foals. If they were tired, they'd probably let them stay behind until they pass out. "Nevermind...Well, all that matters is that you're all awake and active. Now...what to do today?"

"Hey, Miss Fantina! Wanna try these?!" A colt went up to her, holding what seemed to be a bubble bottle. But knowing Magehold, something was off about this blower. This is pretty popular here at Magehold!"

"Oh. Now, what does this thing do? Look!" To show it off, the colt would blow the bubbles. At first, they seemed natural, but the second they flew past Fantina, the bubbles blew up. And it wasn't the traditional way of blowing up. A fiery explosion emerged instead, catching Fantina off guard.

"Explosions?!" Fantina gasped as more bubbles came her way. She frantically swayed and danced to the side, using her amazing dancing skills to evade these explosive bubbles. The foals found this entertaining, seeing Fantina dodge multiple explosions with such elegance and grace.

"Aw...I already used it up two days ago." Just then, the bubble blower ran out of its much-needed energy source after that barrage of explosions.

"Hah..." Fantina sighed. She didn't want to take the chance to see if those bubbles were lethal. Explosions were enough to make her fully alert. But right after that moment of peace, it was disrupted by a powerful sound.

It sounded like a crow screaming while also having the intensity and pitch of a lion added to it. The sound pierced Fantina's ears, nearly making her fall over.

"Oh! Sorry! That's mine!" This was the result of a young filly's object. The equivalent of a phone in this world was a miniature dragon-shaped crow that was portable. It kept squawking and squawking with brutal intensity as someone was trying to call this little pony. "I'll turn it off."

"Alright then. For today, we..." Fantina pondered for a moment, wondering what could be done today. "Hmm...I haven't planned for much today. Her options were slim since she couldn't exit the entirety of Magehold. The world she once knew and lived in was a blur to her. Only the Pokemon remained in her mind.

As she pondered, the ponies ran around, messing with Fantina's Pokemon, causing a ruckus. Rattle was the only one not participating, staying in the corner as always. But while in the corner, Rattle felt rattled yet again. A bad feeling sprung up, causing her mane to frizz.

Ebony Rhyme showed up at the classroom, having a cart of potions at the ready. She was here for one reason. Jealousy. Pure jealousy toward Fantina for winning the hearts of the children. Mainly the Pokemon. Lightning cracked in the sky in response to Ebony Rhyme's appearance, followed by her deadpan expression.

"Oh! Bonjour!" Fantina greeted Ebony Rhyme. "What brings you here and all of your...potions?"

"Miss Ebony!" The foals greeted their teacher. They didn't expect to see her so soon. But she wasn't here for the reasons many of them thought. It was hard to tell what Ebony Rhyme was feeling since she had such a blank look on her face, much like Maud Pie or Jade Pie. But she did have a slight squint compared to them both.

"So those are the Pokemon." Ebony fixated herself sight on Fantina's Ghost-Types. Mismagius, Drifblim, Dusknoir, Gengar, Banette, Spiritomb, a Female Jellicent and Froslass. Clearly, Fantina was still holding back the number of Pokemon she had on hand.

When looking at them, Ebony Rhyme wasn't sure what she was expecting when it came to Ghost-Type Pokemon. For the most part, they looked exactly as how she envisioned them. Although, the odd one out was the female Jellicent who was vibrant with pink. Even though the Ghosts were accurately intimidating, much like how she thought of a Pikachu, Ebony Rhyme, in her own mind, thought about every part of the ghosts.

Gengar had a devious grin that came naturally to him but his round shape reminded her of Pikachu's adorable round part in the middle. Dusknoir had powerful hands but Ebony felt as if she could receive a warming hug from the Gripper Pokemon. And that much was true as Dusknoir held some of the children in his hands. Some were even close to his chest which kept being gnawed on by vampiric teeth. But no harm was done.

"I wonder what it would be like to be hugged by a Dusknoir since the grip is so strong..." Once again, Ebony thought of all the possibilities. "Gengar smiles more than I ever will..."

As for Drifblim, she looked like a joy to fly with thanks to her blimp resemblance. This was backed up by the children on top of Driflbim's head, catching a ride on the Blimp Pokemon who would zoom around. Granted, they could all fly thanks to their wings but what would it feel like to fly on something else? Then there was Jellicent who stuck out like a sore hoof. Just like Pikachu, what would it feel like to touch the Ghost-Water-Type? The name was a giveaway. Jelly. This was proven by the foals who would constantly poke Jellicent's body.

"That would be nice..." Ebony's mouth opened in awe. She only heard of Fantina's Pokemon. Seeing them in action was something else. But getting close to them was on another level for Ebony Rhyme. And yet, she couldn't approach them. She was merely in awe.

"Mismagius!" But while she was distracted, she forgot about Fantina's main Pokemon, Mismagius. Mismagius snuck up behind her cart, finding some interest in potions. Mismagius already knew why. She knew that she resembled a witch thanks to the top of her head and these potions would go well.

"Hm? Oh!" Ebony gasped, barely having an expression change once seeing Mismagius with her potions. She already used Psychic to grab a few of them. "My potions. But that hat..." She quickly focused on Mismagius. "Reminds me of my mother actually."

"Mismagius, no! Don't be rude!" Fantina walked up to Mismagius as she could get up to some antics so soon around a new face.

"Mag...Mismagius!" Mismagius was too curious about these potions. But, not wanting to cause trouble, she would place them back.

"Sorry about that. She can be very excited when it comes to something new." Fantina apologized.

"It's fine. I wanted them to get close to the potions anyway." Without even hiding it, Ebony Rhyme essentially admitted that she wanted the Pokemon to get close to the potions since she mainly wanted to use them on these spectral species.

"Miss Ebony here's our school brewer. She makes all the potions here." A colt explained. "We're still learning how to make our own and the best they can be."

"You would be moving faster if you attended my classes more." Ebony looked over at the colt and the other foals. "Right now...that's not the case anymore."

"Sorry. We've been having too much fun with Ms Fantina here, that's all." A filly apologized. "We learned so much about Pokemon and we've even got our own!"

"Hm. So, your Pokemon are experts in getting these kids to favour you." Ebony was upfront about how she felt about this. If she could show anger, she would. "To the point where they're looking forward to this class instead of mine."

"It's their natural charm. But I'm sure you have some charm too since you're their teacher, non?" Fantina chuckled. "I've never seen potions up close before actually. What are they like?"

"You wouldn't want to know." She squinted, giving an intimidating glare to the Hearthome City Gym Leader.

"Oh but I do!" And yet, Fantina was not phased by this glare. She lives with Ghost-Types after all. Not much can scare or intimidate her. "I'm actually a big fan of potions!"

"Y-You...You are?"

"Oui! Well, it was mainly the witch stores that I was a fan of. But I always loved the potions they made and how they interacted with the Pokemon. When my Mismagius evolved, I thought she could make potions because of her hat. Oh well."

"Magius..." Mismagius was equally disappointed by that. She wished she could make potions but alas, that was not possible.

"Oh. Well, I didn't think you'd be a fan of them." This surprised Ebony Rhyme. Fantina was already so eager to view her potions. This wasn't going according to plan at all.

"What can they do?" Fantina walked up to the cart. "Is it just like in the stories I read?"

"Well...this potion is meant for enhanced pain relief." Ebony Rhyme would start by grabbing a few dozen potions. "This one is for craving desires. And for these...Iron skin, Dream inducement, Dreamless Sleeping, Lunacy, Fire Protection, Chaos, Rage, Size Enhacnemt, Aura Balancing, Hallucinations, Dreamwalker, Mind Restrict, Madness, Defeaning, Vision Inducement and Silence."

"That's...a lot of aggressive potions," Fantina said. So many of them were capable of unpleasant effects. "And you made all of these?"

"By myself. No help needed." Ebony replied, grabbing more potions. "A shame I've yet to test them out. Well...that moment will be coming soon once I get out there. But each one of them is meant to the absolute efficiency in what magic is capable of. Magic takes time and concentration for its various effects to work to the best of their abilities. But they have a lot of drawbacks."

"Even your own magic?" Fantina questioned.

"I don't have any magic." Ebony Rhyme revealed. She was a vampire without any magic. Her cloak already hid her wings, so there was no point in checking since they were already concealed.

"No magic? Ah, that's why you make potions, right?"

"That. And because I want to overcome traditional magic. Just a little goal of mine. No big deal. But magic is so vast...so making so many potions is what I need to do. Enough to the point where magic might just become a thing on the side"

"That's still a weird goal, Miss Ebony." One of the fillies said, poking her head from the side.

"You wouldn't understand since you all have magic. Latent magic no less. Unlike you all, being chased by those monsters didn't unlock anything. With no magic, the potions are the perfect substitute."

"But what if you run out? Can't run out of magic."

"I'll never run out. I've already planned ahead for the future. I even expect you lot to help ensure that future. That's why you're attending my class. And besides...it's not like anyone else is eager to make potions of all things except for you. But you're young so that might change."

"Why does it need to change?" Fantina kneeled to face Ebony. "These children love making your potions, don't they?"

"If you haven't noticed, it's only within Magehold. By the time I get to use my potions elsewhere, no one will be left to marvel at the wonders of potions. They don't appeal to any other vampire except the young ones." Ebony groaned. "It's mainly because I make them. Since I have no magic, they see potions as a pathetic substitute, a way for a coward like me to access the oh-so-brilliant world of magic."

"We don't think you're a coward, miss." The foals thought otherwise.

"I know you don't. But the previous students said the same thing. What's stopping you all from thinking that down the road? I've had that experience before, which is why I intend to erase all of that once my potions come into play."

"Well, I don't see it that way." Fantina shook her head. This was only because she was from a different world from this. Potions didn't seem like a coward's form of magic, especially since she grew up loving them. "Could you...teach me?"

"Teach you?" Ebony repeated.

"Mhm! I never thought potions were real for the longest time, but here they are! I'd love to make my own! I'm not too old to start!" Fantina's eyes lit up, eager to make potions. Mismagius felt the same way since she had the same interest as her trainer.

"If Miss Fantina wants to try it, I guess we're doing potion-making again today." A colt said. All the other foals would involve themselves Fantina wanted to take a crack at it. And of course, if Fantina does it, so will her Pokemon.

Ebony was speechless for a while. At first, she was afraid that Fantina and her Pokemon would take away the only ponies who would enjoy making potions with her and she'd be stuck going solo yet again. But ironically, it was Fantina who would bring them back to this class.

"Oh. Well...Okay." Ebony slowly nodded. "I have empty bottles with me and I never leave without my station. It's in the bottom of the cart, so I'm always ready to brew."

"Splendid!" Fantina applauded. "Children! We'll be brewing today! Make sure you don't make too much of a mess, okay?"

"Okay!" They all cried out in agreement. Rattle sighed. The bad feeling she picked up on subsided. All it took was a conversation between Fantina and Ebony Rhyme to prevent it from happening.


"To brew a deep sleep potion, gather the following ingredients and follow the recipe well, but feel free to use close substitutes if required." Ebony Rhyme already began the tutoring session, teaching another teacher in the form of Fantina.

Fantina already had protection in the form of her gloves, coming prepared for this without even trying. A sheet of ingredients was passed on to everyone but immediately after getting it, Fantina would try and go ahead of everyone, too eager to wait. Ebony Rhyme would slap her arm with her hoof, preventing Fantina from going ahead.

"Please don't go ahead until I've said something. You need 3 heaps of Black Snow Fennel. 2 bits of Fade Turmeric. 4 pinches of Devil Shiso. 1 dash of Storm Leaves. 6 bits of Cryflowers."

Fantina and the foals would soon use the ingredients that were given to them, following the recipe and Ebony's words by the order. Although, some were obviously better than others. When dropping the ingredients in, some went overboard, resulting in haphazard results. Mild explosions, knockback and spills galore.

Some of them managed to put themselves to sleep by making the cauldrons blow up. Some were just messing around, throwing the liquids everywhere. Some of these liquids became hard, making the throwing process easier. But Fantina was fine.

She already got a hang of it even though this was her first time. Ebony Rhyme watched as Fantina effortlessly added the right amount of ingredients while also having elegant hand movements for style points. Her Pokemon weren't as successful though.

Dusknoir's grip was a bit too strong to his own detriment sometimes. He ended up crushing them into nothing by accidental brute strength alone. Gengar was too busy playing with the foals and the ingredients to even keep up. Froslass would accidentally freeze the liquid with just one wrong move, Jellicent didn't have the right limbs to make this work and Spiritomb was self-explanatory. Only Mismagius and Driblim could make this work thanks to Psychic.

"The way they fumble is actually adorable..." Ebony thought to herself once more, finding these missteps endearing and cute. She then shook her head, focusing on the brewing process. "Anyway...Well done, Fantina."

"Thank you! This is getting fun!" The Gym Leader chuckled, getting all giddy as she rapidly tapped her feet from all this excitement.

"Next, Squash the Snow Fennel with whatever does the job for you and put the result in a cup. Add a dash of preboiled water to turn it into a watery mixture, then add the Devil Shiso in small amounts at a time. Fill a pan with fresh, clean water, add the mixture and slowly bring it to a simmer. Let it reduce by half before adding the Fade Turmeric and Storm Leaves, all at once on the count of three. Yes, three shall be the number of counting. Rapidly heat the mixture until it's hot, mix in the Cryflowers l and let everything rest for a while. If you're impatient you can skip this and move on. But don't."

Fantina certainly wouldn't. Once again, she proved to be skilled at this to the core. The other ponies would try and keep up with Fantina but she was far ahead of them. This impressed Ebony Rhyme. It wasn't the Pokemon that would captivate her but Fantina herself. But this isn't too surprising.

After all, the Trainer is why the Pokemon is always so skilled. It's that bond that gives them both power. And Faintina was certainly a representation of that. Ebony Rhyme's reasoning for coming here had greatly changed from what it truly was.


Eventually, Fantina made the Deep Sleep potion first. "I did it!" Feeling good about herself, Fantina raised the potion into the air with her Pokemon celebrating.

"That fast?!" The foals who were far behind were stunned to see how quickly Fantina made hers. "That's amazing, Ms Fantina! Are you sure you haven't made a potion before?"

"Never. And I'm glad I finally got that chance! My first potion! I didn't think it'd be a deep sleep one though."

"Good work, Fantina. The rest of you, continue until you get it right. And clean up after this." Ebony ordered as everyone else would continue until the Deep Sleep Potion was made.

Now that Fantina was done, she could hold onto the potion. It was clear that she wouldn't use it considering how different she was from everyone here. But her Pokemon might be a different story. For now, Fantina could just sit and watch everyone else work. Ebony Rhyme would come up to Fantina, having something to say other than praises.

"Fantina. Apologies for...what I would've done earlier." Ebony apologized, bowing her head.

"For what?" Yet, Fantina had no clue what Ebony Rhyme planned to do prior to all of this.

"Nevermind. I want to give my thanks to you, my fellow teacher. I'm not sure how long this will last but...thank you for having the children have some sort of resurgence in potion brewing. It's only because you and your Pokemon are doing it though. It won't last but I'll take what I can get."

"It will last." But Fantina thought otherwise. "They will keep enjoying your lessons from here on. Look at how much fun they're having now."

"That's only because they're so young. Once they grow up and their full potentials are unleashed, their magic will trump my potions. The next generation is always better after all. And what generation do I have to go off on?

"Ebony. I promise. Even if they have amazing magic, they won't forget this. The best moments are the ones we never forget about."

"I suppose...But, my old students didn't have that much fun. Their magic was already so good, they skipped out of my class. I was alone until they showed up. But I fear when they get better, they might leave as well. I'll be alone yet again."

"Then let's not have a repeat of the past. You won't be alone. Now that I'm here." By those worse, Fantina was offering to be Ebony's friend. It didn't take long for Ebony Rhyme to realize that.

"You?"

"Oui." She grinned. "Count on me, please. You'll be seeing your students have all the fun they can while making whatever potions come next. That is a promise from me. And I'll keep that promise for you."

"Wel...Thank you. I'm looking forward to and dreading when that day comes. Wish I had someone back home to stay with me though. It gets rather lonely when no one is going to school."

"Don't you have a Pokemon of your own?" Fantina asked.

"I wish. As a no-magic freak, why would I have a Pokemon? Even though the Lich Queen won't mind, to the others, having a Pokemon would be another handicap. Just like the potions."

"C'est absurde!" Fantina vehemently disagreed with a mighty roar. "That is too absurd to listen to! Nothing is wrong with having a Pokemon even with no magic. I have no magic myself and look at me. Come. We're going to fix that."

"Come where?" Ebony wondered, looking at Fantina's inviting hand. She backed up a bit as this was a first for her. But there was nothing to fear. Nothing to fear at all.

"Consider this the start of our friendship. Let's go and find you a Pokemon, okay?"

As the journey continues


Chapter 856 End.

PreviousChapters Next