• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Object to Opinion, by FoME

In a few months, Twilight had learned more from her new friends than she had in almost three years at one of the most prestigious preparatory academies in the nation. She reflected on how much more she still had to learn as she leaned against the Wondercolt statue, massaged her temples, and said, "You want me to what?"

Rainbow Dash groaned. "Look, it's simple! I just need you to act as my ambassador to the nerds."

"I'm still not sure what you even mean by that."

"The techies and I don't exactly move in a lot of the same circles, but I need them for this. Sunset refuses to help, and..." Dash trailed off, humming in thought. "Hey, could you do it?"

"Do what?"

Dash blinked. "Didn't I say?"

"No. You literally swooped in front of me as I walked out of CHS and asked me to, and I quote, 'translate from Awesome to Nerd.'"

"Oh. Whoops."

Twilight sighed. "I suppose I should be flattered by the implication that I speak the former."

"Whatever. Point is, I need to figure out who 123Only is."

Twilight waited for further data. When none proved forthcoming, she said, "One-two-three who now?"

"123Only, the single dumbest person on the Internet!"

"Rainbow, I've read the first few lines of Timecube. You're going to need to support that claim."

Dash threw her hands in the air. "He says that everything after the third Daring Do book is a bunch of garbage!"

Twilight went very still. Teal flames flickered to life from her eyes and headgem.

Dash took a careful step back. "Uh, Twilight? You okay?"

Twilight cracked her knuckles, savoring each pop. She followed suit with her neck, bending it so far to each side that only Pinkie might be able to match her. "We are going to find this fool. And we are going to explain all the myriad ways he—"

After a flash of gold, a similarly colored hand rested on Twilight's shoulder. "Is your blood sugar low or something?" said Sunset. "I can feel your rage pulsing through the leylines."

"You don't understand," said Twilight, unearthly undertones to her voice. "This is important. Someone is wrong on the Internet."

Sunset licked her fingertips and pressed them against Twilight's headgem, snuffing out the eldritch flames with a hiss. As she shook out her hand, she said. "How about we go to the mall, talk this out over lunch, and don't terrorize someone for having a different opinion than us?"

Dash gave a blurring nod, eyes still wide and spooked. "Sounds like a plan."

Twilight, eyes still aflame, sneered. "His retribution will not be—" A quick peck on the lips silenced her and sent her expression from vengeful to blissfully dopey. "Okay."

Sunset chuckled. "The day that stops working, we're all in trouble."

Author's Note:

And in Fillydelphia, a young man named Quibble Pants couldn't help but feel that he'd narrowly avoided something terrible.

PreviousChapters Next