• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Notice of Absence, by FoME

Cobalt Bolt was a simple man. He liked his beer cold, his movies high in explosions, and his daughter within the known universe.

He didn't realize just how much he appreciated that last one until the moment he found out it was no longer true. "So," he said slowly, barely seeing the girl in front of him, "you're saying that even you don't know where she is?"

Sunset Shimmer shook her head. "I really wish I had better news for you, sir. I can say for certain that Indigo was still alive when she broke the space barrier. I have the best people in this universe or any other looking for her."

Cobalt took a deep breath and ran a hand through his namesake hair. "I'll be honest, Miss Shimmer, there's a part of me that really wants to punch you right now. You or Abacus Cinch."

Sunset bit her lip. "I can't say I blame you. I assure you, the moment they get in touch with me, I'll tell you whatever I can."

"Thank you for that, at least."


Lyra Heartstrings sighed as she surveyed the bleak landscape through the visor of her mint-green hazardous condition suit. Normally, her magic could let her survive in just about any environment, but the magic-starved wasteland around her would've dissipated her usual wards in less than a minute, followed by the rest of her. Still, there was a chance that the missing person had landed on one of Starlight Glimmer's cast-off worldlines, and Lyra had drawn the short straw. Plus, her on-board thaumometer was picking up something, which shouldn't have been possible here.

Her steady gait brought her to a chunk of wind-eroded rock. Moving to the lee of the wind, she spotted the telltale facets of harmony crystal, faintly glimmering with residual magic. She sighed. "Just another echo of the Cutie Map."

Then Lyra's gaze turned to what was on top of the table. Scorched into the crystal was a very familiar cutie mark. One that definitely didn't belong to Indigo Zap.

"Oh. Wonderful. A demon Sunset's loose. Because I didn't have enough paperwork."

It should be noted that life in the Equestrian Time-Space Administration Bureau can have a jading effect on its operatives.

PreviousChapters Next