• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Queen of Monsters, by SaintAbsol

This year's Nightmare Night was looking significantly quieter than last year's.

No one had suddenly transformed into their costumes, no horror movie monsters suddenly came to life and required literal divine intervention to put down, and even the weather was behaving. It really did seem like it was going to be a relatively normal Nightmare Night for all.

Then the booming started.

At first, it was faint enough that people could convince themselves they weren't hearing it, or feeling the tremors lightly shaking the ground. However, that level of self-delusion didn't last long; the sounds and shakes of something large hitting the ground soon became too much to ignore. It was only a short time afterward that the source came into view; a towering, reptilian figure, looming over the houses around it. As far as kaiju went, it was actually pretty small, only about ten or so stories, but it was still far bigger than anything had any right to be.

As panic slowly started to settle in among the populace, the creature raised a claw up to its jaw, pulled down...

And revealed an entirely human face within its maw.

"Nightmare Night," the girl sang out, along with several other voices that only the most keen-eyed observers would find were coming from a few costumed girls riding on her shoulders. "Full of fright! Give us something sweet to bite!" The overlarge girl knelt down, letting the other girls climb down her arm to street level, a couple of pegasus aspects helping them along the way, before they all of them went about, holding out treat bags for candy.


"We're gonna have SOOOOO much candy by the time we're done!" Pinkie Pie shouted, bouncing excitedly on Applejack's shoulder as the giantess walked along the road.

"I know, right?" Rainbow Dash chuckled, giving the party girl a high five. "Told ya this was a good idea!"

Twilight frowned, adjusting her glasses. "You know, most people only go around their own neighborhoods."

"Most people don't have a friend who can walk between cities in one night."

That just made Twilight grumble, sitting down and sulking.

"Oh, don't be like that, Twilight," Rarity said, herself sitting against Applejack's neck. "Nightmare Night is meant to be good fun and nothing more."

"She's right, ya know," Applejack added as she pulled her costume's mouth down again. "'Sides, seems a shame to let a good outfit like this go to waste after she worked so hard on it."

"And, if you don't stop pouting like that, I'll snog you until you can't be in a bad mood," Sunset 'threatened'.

Twilight cracked a wry smirk at that. "Is that suppose to discourage or encourage?"

"Yes."

Twilight chuckled, a small smile finally upon her face again. "Fine, but I'm not going to be held responsible for the cavities you're all going to get."

Author's Note:

Applejack's costume was inspired by this image. SA isn't sure about most of the others' costumes, but he says Twilight's in the ensemble she's wearing in the "Mad Twience" video.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the irony of linking to that in an update where both shorts involve Sunlight kisses.

PreviousChapters Next