• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Tourism-Floored, by SaintAbsol

Sunset... really didn't know what to think.

It was a nice change, strangely.

Being the closest thing to omniscient as was possible for a physically incarnate goddess, her mind was usually filled with thoughts related to everything from the axis angles of planets, the entropy rate of stars and galaxies, to the interactions between various atomic and subatomic particle that scientists were still debating the existence of. To have her mind rendered blank was a wonderfully refreshing experience that she wasn't aware she had missed until now.

However, as wonderful as it felt, a blank mind wasn't doing much to address the problem at hand.

"I... this is a new experience," she finally said. "Even for me, which is saying something."

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry about this." The light-blue man adjusted the flight jacket he had found himself in since arriving here, then ran a hand through his dark-blue hair. Under the jacket, a white shirt could be seen, with the image of a stylized sun just barely visible on the breast pocket. A pair of black jeans rounded out the ensemble, a lightning bolt surrounded by two cloudy swirls stitched into it. "I... really shouldn't have tried to Planeswalk without someone more experienced around to assist me, especially when I was so close to other ponies."

"I just want to get back to my daughters," a pegasus aspect who looked like Ditzy said, picking at her torn clothing. Her out of sync eyes drifting down to her lower half, where a tattered green skirt only had one limb protruding from beneath it. "And any word on where my other leg got to? I'm going to need to get used to walking on two legs if we're staying here for a while."

"She'll find it," the man assured her, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Then, we'll get you back to your family." He glanced to another member of the group: a unicorn aspect who looked very similar to one Vinyl Scratch, albeit in clothing that would have been more at home in a steampunk convention. With a button up shirt and jacket that hugged her figure tightly, as well a miniskirt that seemed to have actual gears forming the eighth-note symbols on it. Her headgem glowed as she traced the glowing image of a treble clef in midair. "And we'll get you back to Octavia too."

Sunset sighed, rubbing at her temple. "Look, Mister..."

"Markov," he responded. "Soarin' Markov."

"Mister Markov; I'm sure that you didn't mean it, and really do want you all to get home... but I'm afraid I can't really do much to help you other than letting the proper people here know and have them direct you as best they can. I have enough things to worry about in this universe, trying to find ways between them isn't something I can focus on."

"It's alright," Soarin' replied. "I understand entirely. I just felt that, as the local deity, you should be informed of this."

"Yeah," Sunset absently nodded. "Be a lot less weird of most of you didn't look like people I knew."

Right on cue, and seemingly out of nowhere, a blue-skinned and rainbow-haired pegasus aspect alighted on the ground. Unlike the local Dash, though, this one wore what looked like a some sort of 'dress uniform', with a red jacket buttoned over a white shirt, and a pair of tight fitting pants. And, much to Sunset's concern, she carried an actual sword at her side; a short one, clearly meant for one hand, but a sword nonetheless. It was almost more disquieting than the leg she had brought with her.

"Here, I think I got it before anything started chewing on it." She handed the leg over to Ditzy, who proceeded to work on putting it back into her hip socket like it was the most normal thing in the world. Rainbow turned to glance back and forth between Sunset and Soarin'. "So, any idea what kind of time-table we're looking at here?"

Soarin' just shook his head. "Not yet, I'm afraid. But, we'll see how it plays out."

Sunset sighed, pulling her phone out and calling up Lyra's number. "I'm going to call up someone who can probably help you out, but I can't make any promises either. Just... try to not cause too much trouble while your here, okay? The universe has been battered enough."

Author's Note:

I swear I had only indirect influence on Soarin's last name.

And yeah, this world is quickly becoming a major hub of parallel universe shenanigans. Good thing they have someone for that.

PreviousChapters Next