• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,148 Views, 4,442 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,442
 8,148

PreviousChapters Next
Disservice Charge, by FoME

John Q. Discord:

You may be surprised to receive this letter and the enclosed bill, especially given how you don't even have a contract with us. However, you might not be. You did, after all, use our network to make calls on objects including but not limited to a stove top, a banana, a deck of playing cards, a chunk of wood, and your own hand over the course of the last month. Given how our technicians are still trying to understand how we collected this data, much less what to charge you for it, we settled on a flat five thousand dollar "headache fee." Continuing to abuse our service in this way will be met with the same, along with possible legal action. Rest assured, if this isn't yet illegal, our legal team will do its utmost to make it so.

Nickel N. Dime
Chief Financial Officer, P-Mobile


Mr. Discord found himself smiling once he finished reading the letter. "I have the strangest desire to have this framed."

"So, does this mean you're actually going to start using your phone?" said Adagio, flicking her way through the rest of the day's mail.

He smirked. "Of course not. I'll just make sure I don't step on any more telecom toes for a bit. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see what quality of photos I can take with an actual potato."

Author's Note:

For those keeping track, that's a burner phone, a bananaphone, a calling card, a xylophone, and, as FredMSloniker noted, a handset. :trollestia:

PreviousChapters Next