• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Border of Succession, by FoME

Sunset smiled, relishing the beautiful day and the chance to enjoy the park without having to be her own space heater. "How's it going, Chrysalis?"

"You know what they say; 'In the spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.'" Chrysalis gave a throaty chuckle. "And so many of them had no idea what they were doing before joining the Wholesome. Isn't that right, Thorax?"

Thorax, a twenty-year-old so frail-looking that Sunset had had to actively keep herself from demanding his lunch money, swallowed and looked back and forth between the two deities. He scooted back until his back hit the tree they were sitting under. His trembling made his crystalline body rattle like wind chimes. "Why am I here again?"

"A rather interesting development in Equestria." Sunset pulled a photo out of a jacket pocket. "Seems that Chrysalis attempted a coup against Equestria."

The local Chrysalis rolled her eyes. "I'm not planning anything of the sort."

"I know. Though the coup nearly succeeded. The only one who managed to stop her was the local Thorax."

Thorax's jaw dropped. "What!?"

Sunset nodded. "Yup. Even overthrew her as ruler of the changelings."

Thorax paled until he was the shade of a clear sky. His capacity for shock visibly overloaded; there was even a small fracturing sound. Thankfully, no actual cracks were visible. "What."

Chrysalis smirked. "Should I be concerned?"

"No! Absolutely not! I would never even dream of—"

"That was a joke, Thorax."

"Oh. Okay then." Thorax took a few deep, slow breaths.

Chrysalis turned to Sunset. "So, what's the photo?"

"Well, apparently that world's Thorax revolutionized changeling biology as they know it and completely removed their need to feed on love. I think. Even he isn't sure. That includes the external biology. Take a look."

Sunset passed the photo to Chrysalis. After one look, she covered her mouth, sputtering and shaking with barely contained laughter. "Thorax!" she cried once she'd contained herself. "You need to see this."

He took the photo. After a few moments without a reaction, he shrugged. "I don't know. I think it looks pretty good."

"Don't even think about shifting to that color scheme."

"Yes, ma'am."

Author's Note:

Given how the Wholesome aren't carapaced, I figured humanizing the Crystal Hoof persona was the best choice for EG!Thorax. And yes, there are crystal aspects other than Cinch; they're just one of the rarer ones.

PreviousChapters Next