• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Not a Whimper, by FoME

Among Crystal Prep's many amenities was an Olympic-class pool, one which all students were welcome to use during the summer. Officially, it was to keep the swim team properly conditioned, but between summer vacation and the aftermath of the Friendship Games, the restrictions were greatly relaxed. So much so that a certain transferee was still permitted to bring a plus-one as she visited an old friend.

"Thanks for inviting us," said Twilight, lying on a towel along the pool's edge.

"Thanks for coming," Sugarcoat said from next to her. "Moondancer burns like newspaper."

Rainbow Dash emerged from the water, beaming. "I never thought I'd say this about Crystal Prep, but this place is awesome!" She went back down and pushed off the edge.

Twilight gave a contented sigh, feeling her eyes drift shut.

"Hey there, baby."

Her eyes snapped open and darted to the source of the unfamiliar voice, a yellow-skinned boy with frosted tips in his hair and an expression that was probably categorizable as "sultry." Twilight had never encountered sultriness before and given this, she didn't think she wanted to make it a major part of her life.

"If I could rearrange the alphabet," said the stranger, "I'd put 'U' and 'I' together."

Twilight boggled at him for a few moments, then turned to Sugarcoat. "This is flirting, right?" she whispered.

Sugarcoat rolled her eyes, "Yes, Twilight. This is flirting."

"What do I do now?"

"Tell him you're not interested."

"Right!" Twilight turned back. The boy still squatted in front of her, the look in his eyes either expectant or anxious. Or possibly something else; Twilight still didn't trust her ability to read faces one hundred percent. Still, she sat up and cleared her throat. "Firstly, I appreciate what you're going for, but in order to make the pun work, you rendered the sentence grammatically incorrect. It should be 'you and me together.'"

The boy blinked. "Uh..."

"Secondly, I'm already taken." Twilight began listing points on her fingers. "Thirdly, my significant other is a girl. Fourthly, that girl is Sunset Shimmer. Fifthly, she's right behind you."

The boy stiffened and turned around. Twilight wasn't sure if it was under his own power or not. He was an inch or two taller than Sunset, but she still loomed over him through force of personality and a little autolevitation. Her eyes were as pools of molten gold, much like the aura that enveloped her and sent her hair waving in an unfelt updraft. The bikini and the sodas in her telekinetic grasp did nothing to diminish her majesty. If anything—at least, in Twilight's admittedly biased opinion—they enhanced it.

Sunset considered the boy for a brief time, as dispassionately as a biologist pondering some novel but benign microbe. Finally, she said, "There is a good soul under that bluster, Feather Bangs. You would do well to show it to others. Others who aren't Twilight Sparkle."

Feather Bangs swallowed. "O-okay."

"I'm glad we have an understanding." Sunset approached her towel. Feather Bangs ran for the hills, or at least the entrance to the pool facility.

"You do know you have no reason to be jealous, right?" said Twilight.

"Great work tearing him apart, by the way," added Sugarcoat.

Sunset smiled, visibly no more than just another teenager and trying to ignore the slack-jawed looks pointed at her from around the pool. "I know. But there's something about that guy that just makes me want to punch him in the face."

Sugarcoat nodded. "Yeah, Feather Bangs does that to people."

"Oh, I see how it is." All three girls looked to the pool itself. Rainbow Dash scowled at them as she hauled herself out. "If I ask for something from Dragon Pearl X, I'm out of line, but if someone tries to make a move on Twilight, you get to go Super Hayan."

Sunset sighed. Sugarcoat smiled despite herself. Twilight nudged her girlfriend with an elbow. "You have to admit, she has a point."

Author's Note:

I really don't hate Feather Bangs, but I imagined him trying to put the moves on this particular Twilight and events proceeded from there.

PreviousChapters Next