• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Night Dealings, by SaintAbsol

"Hey, Shining Armor?"

Shining looked up from the collection of DVDs that he was using as Sunset's indoct— er, education in the ways of geekdom. "Yeah, Sunset?"

"You keep bringing up how I need to have some sort of 'geekiness' to be a part of your family, and I'm willing to play along since that's what you do in a relationship... but, I have to wonder... aren't you and Dean Cadence in a relationship too?"

"Yeah, and?"

"Well, she doesn't really seem like the 'geek' type."

Shining raised an eyebrow at this. "... You really have no idea, do you?"


Far across town, Mi Amore Cadenza sat calmly in a dimly lit room in her best suit, hands folded together and her face hardened in a way that probably would have made Abacus Cinch proud. She gazed at the sharply dressed man across the table from her, who matched her nearly note for note; a tense silence was held between the two for several moments before he finally spoke. "Do you have my payment?"

"That depends," she responded. "Do you have what I asked for?"

The man simply reached down to the floor and picked up a small case. Placing it on the table, he pushed it toward Cadance before sitting back in his chair.

Carefully, Cadence undid the latch and looked inside. Her eyes widened by a fraction of a margin, before she closed the lid once again. "Very well then." She reached into her jacket's pocket, before withdrawing a fairly sizeable stack of money. "Your payment, at the agreed upon price."

The stack of cash was slid along the table into the man's waiting hand, something that might have been called a smile upon his face. "A pleasure as always," he said, standing up as Cadence did the same. "I trust you'll contact me if you require anything else."

"Of course," she replied, both turning away from each other and heading toward opposite exits to the room.

The latch was undone once more as Cadence walked outside, letting her gaze upon her prize with an almost manic grin. The object within probably held so little value to anyone else, but for her, it was worth every penny of the amount she had just handed over without hesitation. She found herself almost hesitant to touch it, even though it lay in a protective casing even within the box. "Finally," she said, gingerly grasping it at the corners, and holding it up to the light of day. "An Aleph Black Lotus."

Author's Note:

As with many other MtG elements in this setting, I swear I had nothing to do with this one.

PreviousChapters Next