• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Traditions Old..., by FoME

"Okay, maybe if I..." Sunset forced her will against the substrate of the Astral Plane, one eye squinting shut and one cheek puffing out amid the mental effort.

The plane stubbornly remained orange.

"Darn it, what did I do?"

A subsonic thrum through the fabric of the local reality broke Sunset's concentration. She shrugged. "Eh, I needed a distraction. Good thing I got that transætheric doorbell." She willed the door to her house next to her and made for the front door. Opening it revealed a girlfriend holding what seemed to be a thin magazine. "Hey, Twilight. What have you got there?"

"P-Twilight sent me an annotated Equestrian calendar. May I come in?"

"Of course." Sunset took the calendar as she stepped aside. Photos of ponies in various picturesque points of Ponyville looked back, with explanatory captions underneath each one. "Huh. Didn't turn into anything different. There's that hypothesis disproven."

"Well, yes," said Twilight, now in her favorite chair, "but that wasn't what I wanted to talk about."

"What is it?"

Twilight enveloped the calendar in her magic and flicked through page after page, keeping them facing Sunset. "The days with holidays, festivals, and celebrations on this calendar outnumber the ones without any. When do ponies actually get anything done?"

"To be fair, I'm pretty sure pony Pinkie Pie made up at least half of those holidays." Sunset took back the calendar and leafed through it for a bit, her expression growing more uncertain with every moon. "Or maybe a third... or a quarter..." She bit her lip. "Okay, I definitely didn't recognize a few of those."

"I don't mean to insult your native culture, but you do have to admit that it's a little ridiculous."

Sunset raised an eyebrow as she looked back at Twilight. "Are you saying you don't want your Mare's Day bouquet?"

Twilight stiffened up, eyes wide. "I never said that."

PreviousChapters Next