• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Home-Baked, by FoME

"Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no!"

Ditzy Doo stepped back into the hallway. As all of CHS had come to learn in the weeks since the transfer, a panicking Twilight Sparkle was a very dangerous thing. "Um, Twilight?"

Twilight paused mid-pace, whipping her head towards the door and grinning a grin that wasn't even remotely sane. "Ditzy! Thank you so, so, so much for coming here on such short notice. I know we don't know each other that well and I'm sorry for the incident with the electrodes but I have another favor to ask of you and I swear I'll do anything you want if you help me with this one."

"Okay then. First thing?"

"Yes?"

Ditzy swept an arm across the room. "Put everything down. Including me."

Twilight blinked, then registered in the sheer number of objects wreathed in fuchsia energy and the heat centered in her forehead. "Sorry! This happens sometimes when I'm nervous, and I'm very nervous right now, and feeling things with my telekinesis is kind of calming for me but that means I move them without thinking sometimes because I get fidgety and I also tend to babble when I'm nervous but you might have noticed that." She gave a nervous giggle as she set the last gyroscope back on her desk.

Ditzy nodded. Slowly. Making sudden movements seemed like a bad idea right now. "I did. Have you been taking breathing lessons from Pinkie Pie?"

"I'm pretty sure she's hiding a third lung in her hair. It may be her hair."

"Oh good, I'm not the only who thinks that. So, what's this favor?"

The question set Twilight to pacing again, throwing her arms about with every phrase. "I completely missed the opportunity to do something nice for Sunset on Mother's Day, and now Father's Day is coming up, and if I miss this I have to wait all the way until Yuletide and given the track record thus far I may end up forgetting and—"

"Twilight!"

"Yes?"

"Put me down. Again."

Twilight did so. "Sorry."

"Just wish I'd known not to wear a skirt today," Ditzy muttered. She took a deep breath and said, "I'll be happy to help."

"But I haven't even told you what I need you to do."

"I can put two and two together. If they're sufficiently large, I can even get five." Ditzy smiled as Twilight snorted at that. The blonde spread her wings and defied gravity for the third time, this time of her own volition. "Be back soon."


Sunset couldn't help but smile as Twilight guided her in front of the Wondercolt statue. "You do realize that covering my eyes is kind of silly. I could just form another body."

"Yes. And I'm very grateful that you're playing along. And when you see why, I think you will be too."

"Okay. I'll take your word for—" Sunset stopped and tensed. "Twilight, I just felt something move through the portal."

"Did you now?" said Twilight, looking over Sunset's shoulder, shaking her head, and hoping that the gesture would translate.

"Two somethings."

"Fascinating. And by a staggering coincidence, surprise!" Twilight pulled back her hands and stood to one side, the better to see Sunset's face.

It was certainly a sight to see. Brief confusion as her eyes skittered across the warm-hued older couple, followed by a wide-eyed gasp of realization and something that Twilight couldn't place as shock, delight, or shame. Possibly all of them. "Mom? Dad?"

"Princess Celestia conveyed your message, Sunny," said Desert Sunrise.

Sunset Satin took her daughter in her arms. "We're so proud!"

"I... I don't know what to say." Tears in her eyes, Sunset looked to Twilight. "Twilight, I don't know how you arranged this, but thank you."

Twilight wiped away a few lacrimal secretions of her own. "Happy to help. I'll let you show your parents the sights." She turned away, only to come face to face with a golden wall of force.

"Actually, while I have the opportunity..." Twilight turned around in time to see the Spirit of Harmony look uncannily uneasy. "Mom? Dad? This is Twilight Sparkle. The non-princess one. And at this point, I think it's safe to say that she's my girlfriend."

Author's Note:

This is about a week after Unfriendly Competition, for those keeping track. Also, credit for the names goes to MythrilMoth.

And, of course, Happy Father's Day.

PreviousChapters Next