• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,145 Views, 4,442 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,442
 8,145

PreviousChapters Next
Not Okay, Gillion, by Gym Quirk and FoME

(Gym Quirk)

On occasion, being attuned to the emotional state of her girlfriend made Sunset Shimmer's efforts at behaving like a normal teenager just a bit more difficult.

Like when she became aware of sensations of alarm, confusion, and a vague wish for her presence.

Materializing in Twilight’s room, she took in the occupant’s rigid posture in her computer chair, the open video chat window on the monitor, and the almost-familiar figure in said window.

It was an image of a pre-change Twilight; it had the usual ponytail, but no headgem or glasses. It wore the light blue blouse, pink bow-tie, indigo skirt and boots that Princess Twilight had during her first visit to this world. All in all, it was an amalgam of the two Twilights, except in place of her starburst icon was a familiar multi-hued capital “G”.

“Do I want to know?” asked Sunset.

“Oh. Hello Sunset. I was just calling Twilight to show her my new online avatar,” the figure said in a very close approximation of Twilight’s own voice.

“Gillion?” hazarded Sunset, taking in the clues and making an educated guess.

“In the virtual flesh,” confirmed the AI.

“But why are you mimicking my appearance?” asked the organic Twilight, recovering from her shock and confusion.

“Noble Cranke,” explained Gillion with a smug grin.

Twilight considered for a moment, then groaned. “‘Any sufficiently advanced technology…’” she began.

“‘...is indistinguishable from Magic’,” Sunset finished with a sigh, massaging her temples.

(FoME)

Sunset sighed. "So, you can't do anything about it?"

Pattern Match, head of development at A2Z Inc., shrugged helplessly. "Frankly, Miss Shimmer, we're devoting most of our efforts to understanding what the search engine has become and ways to ensure it doesn't threaten humanity. We're just trying to keep those efforts out of public awareness."

"For the record," Gillion added from a Gillion Home on his desk, "I try to take 'Don't be evil' to heart."

"And we're grateful for that," said Pattern. "We're just worried about what will happen to your definition of 'evil' over time."

"So it's going to keep using my girlfriend's face?" Sunset figured as much, but it never hurt to check.

"Not always, but I am rather fond of it."

Sunset leaned back in her chair and sighed. "Wonderful."

Author's Note:

The good news is that, given its access to all the movies on EweTube, Gillion knows how worried humans are about hostile AI.

The bad news is that, given its access to all the movies on EweTube, Gillion knows how worried humans are about hostile AI.

PreviousChapters Next