• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Zapostate, by FoME

Indigo Zap looked down from on high. There were times when she found it hard not to sneer at the teeming masses below. Not to revel in how most of them could not even fathom the freedom she possessed, and how the rest could not compare to her magnificence. Pity and scorn warred in her mind as she beheld the gathered souls below, and even she could not say which would win in the end.

For today, for this moment, pity waxed. They were insects, yes, but they were her insects. They were Shadowbolts, and by definition that made them the best there were. It was only a matter of time before that inevitable truth reasserted itself. She and they would both surpass all those who claimed superiority. Even the so-called goddess would—

"Will you be joining us today, Miss Zap?"

The voice came from far too close. Indigo turned to see who had invaded her empyrean sanctum... and wilted. "Yes, Dean Cadence." She reluctantly followed the dean down to the base earth, upon which she would have to tread.

For now.


"Hey there, Indigo!" Sour Sweet waved at the girl who'd been hovering over the school since the lunch bell rang. Her expression flicked from wide grin to flat stare. "You gonna eat or what?"

"The holy need not pollute their bodies with mortal dross."

Sour rolled her eyes and headed back to the ground. She made sure to wait until she was out of earshot before muttering, "And they call me crazy..."

She aimed for a familiar cluster of students enjoying the late May day in the al fresco portion of the cafeteria. She cleared her throat and landed once she had their attention. "Hi there, pals!"

"You barely tolerate us on your best days," said Sugarcoat.

After a moment, Sour laughed and nodded. "Yeah." She went to a flat stare in a moment. "But we have a problem."

"What is it?" said Moondancer.

Sour bit her lip and shimmied from side to side. "I know it's kind of the pot calling the kettle black, buuuut... Indigo Zap has gone fucking insane."

Lemon Zest shrugged. "Eh, more like a qualified opinion. I mean, you'd know."

"What exactly do you expect us to do about it?" Moondancer looked up at Indigo, who was barely more than a beige dot at this distance. "She's so flight-obsessed, she's on the verge of organizing a Crystal Prep Luftwaffe."

Sour growled. "Look, with her athletic and academic performance, she's definitely going to be in the Friendship Games, and the fewer people we have detached from reality, the better." Her expression softened. "So maybe you could do that whole 'friendship' thing?"

"You're the only other pegasus aspect on the team," said Moondancer. "Sugarcoat, Lemon, and Polomare are earthen. Everyone else has headgems."

Lemon scowled and crossed her arms. "There's a stereotype waiting to happen in there."

Sour's face fell. "So... you're saying I need to get someone to face reality."

"You or Dean Cadence," said Sugarcoat, "and she's got a whole school of borderline sociopaths to deal with."

Sour considered this for a moment. "Great! We're doomed."

Author's Note:

We're going by the canon team, with Moondancer subbing in for Twilight.

And yes, I do have a multichapter Friendship Games story planned. Still early in the process, but I know what will happen.

PreviousChapters Next