• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,076 Views, 4,430 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,430
 8,076

PreviousChapters Next
Adventure Capitalism, by FoME

It was always interesting to see how multiversal wanderers reacted to being rerouted to customs rather than just dropping in. Some staggered as they tried to process what had just happened. Others gawked at their surroundings, particularly Sunset's immense form looking down from where the ceiling should be.

In this case, the newcomer didn't let the shift even break her runway strut. She did permit herself an arched eyebrow. "Ms. Harshwhinny? My word."

Ms. Harshwhinny met the eyebrow with one of her own. "Can I help you?"

The newcomer dipped her head, willing to admit she was outmatched. "Ahem. Yes. I represent the Infinite Carousel. Of Rarities, by Rarities, for everyone." That certainly explained the white skin, purple curls, and immaculate attire.

"I see. And your business here?"

"Is business." The Rarity gave a smile with teeth as bright as her skin. "We were hoping to confer with the local Rarity, see about bringing her into the fold as it were, possibly incorporating your Earth into our trade network."

"I am afraid, Miss Belle—"

"Just Rarity in my case. Don't worry, it happens all the time."

Ms. Harshwhinny's glare made it clear that interrupting her did not happen all the time, and it happening again any time soon would not end well for Rarity. "I am afraid, Miss Rarity, that we are not presently open for business, unless you also deal in repairing the fabric of space and time."

"Ah." The winning smile admitted defeat, and the Rarity coughed into her fist. "Not one of our prefered materials, I'm afraid. I'd have to pass your query over to R&D. Your people would have to talk to my people on the particulars; I'm just in Customer Relations." She produced a white card as if by magic, which was of course a possibility. "May I at least leave a business card?"

Ms. Harshwhinny nodded and held out her hand. "You may. I'll see to it that the local Rarity recieves it."

"Most appreciated. Best of luck with the, er, space-time situation."


"Of Rarities, by Rarities, for everyone," Rarity read dazedly. Aside from that and the name of the company, the only mark on the card was a logo of a diamond framed in fractally layered borders of ever more, ever smaller diamonds, the overall effect somewhere between crystals, lace, and the contents of Rarity's dreams.

Applejack waved her hand in front of Rarity's eyes, to no apparent reaction. "I think we lost 'er."

"Sunset, darling," Rarity said distantly, "how long do you think it will be until we can openly trade with these esteemed young women?"

"The universe is barely stable enough to admit the weakest alicorns in Equestria, and that's with a portal I can account for rather than whatever they're using. It'll be at least a decade before we can join some all-Rarity conglomerate."

"And there's also all of the legal questions regarding an economic entity spanning multiple universes," said Twilight. "This is going to raise some questions that might not be answered by the time the universe can handle this even if we start asking them today."

Rarity waved that off. "Yes, yes, physics, ethics, all well and good. This is my business model."

The lunch table went silent. Finally, Dash said, "Wait, seriously?"

"Of course! My counterpart in our Equestria has already been giving me advice on how to handle my business, to say nothing of our merger plans down the road—"

Sunset narrowed her eyes. "Your what now?"

"It makes sense that we're far from the first Rarities to dream of this sort of thing." Rarity gave a dreamy sigh. "I can only imagine the splendor so many of me have made."

"What do you think they do with all the Sweetie Belles?" Pinkie mused.

Rarity shuddered. "I'm not sure I want to know."

PreviousChapters Next