• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Suspenders of Disbelief, by ArtieStroke and Masterweaver

(ArtieStroke)

"What could one man need so many belts for?"

Jace looked up from his drink, quirking his eyebrow at Cadence's question. "Pardon?"

Cadence gestured in his general direction, "Your belts. I swear there's a new decorative buckle every time we meet."

"We all have our hobbies," Luna said, swirling the pitch black liquor in her glass, "At least he has the wherewithal to not wear them all simultaneously."

There was a beat, and Jace looked off into the middle distance.

"Oh my Harmony, you're actually considering it."

"Nonsense, how would that even work? I'm not some sort of fantasy wizard or some such, I couldn't pull it off."

"If Bacon's students are any indication, it does seem like ridiculous amounts of belts and zippers are becoming vogue," Glimmer Goodwitch said, the table collectively amassing a number of frowning looks.

"Kids these days," Jace said, taking a gulp of his Shirish coffee.


(Masterweaver)

"It's a counter to clothing damage," explained the yellow-skinned blonde.

Ms. Goodwitch blinked. "Really."

"Wreck a shirt and it falls apart. Seams and all that. Belts are stronger and easy to rearrange or replace. Standardized zippers? Same basic principle." Sunny Little Dragon shrugged. "We are fighting critters with giant claws, after all. Best to be prepared."

"I suppose that makes some level of sense."

Sunny nodded. "Yeah, picked it up in Tauros." She glanced away. "Well, Belladonna did... I followed her lead."

Glimmer bit her lip. "Miss Dragon, you know there are plenty of people you can talk to—"

"I know. I have. I am." The teen sighed. "Just... It's not something you forget, you know?"

Glimmer Goodwitch nodded. "I know that feeling, yes."

Author's Note:

Context: Card-game Jace's latest outfit is roughly half belts. Then Masterweaver did Masterweaver things.

PreviousChapters Next