• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Matte Shimmer, by Jenna Cipher

"It's... a mirror."

"A very special mirror, my dear."

"Ma'am, there's really no need to pay this much. It's not even a very nice looking mirror, and we've had it returned at least nine times with complaints of it being defective."

"Looks can be deceiving. I know more than most."

After several minutes more of arguing, the hooded woman exited the store, mirror in hand, and slipped quietly off into the back alleys of Manehatten under the cover of night. As she walked, if one watched the hand mirror she carried, they would see it remained the same glassy surface, no reflections. This wasn't so much the fault of the dark alleys as much as that there wasn't actually a mirror there to reflect anything.

As she reached the end of the alleyway, she ducked behind the sole dumpster present, and chuckled to herself, allowing her hood to slip back a bit and reveal a very familiar face... A face everyone on Earth knew perhaps better than their own.

She brushed her fingers across the 'mirror's' surface, causing ripples to appear as if it were water in a pond.

"One down, six to go."

Author's Note:

Don't ask me. I'm just looking forward to seeing where this goes.

PreviousChapters Next