• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
All Poured Out, by FoME

"I think I hate Starlight Glimmer."

Sunset couldn't help but smile down at the girl in her lap. She tried to keep any condescension out of her tone. "Trust me, Junior, you don't even know what hatred is."

Junior squirmed and scowled on the comfy, understated chair that had taken Sunset five Realms 4 Less catalogs to find. "Do too."

"Define it."

"Not liking someone a lot." After a moment, Junior continued, "Like, really, really a lot."

"I can't tell if you're being this adorable on purpose or not."

After a moment, Junior giggled. "Neither can I." She crossed her arms. "Though I still don't like Starlight."

"Why not?" said Sunset.

"She used me, broke parts of me, stays in me without anypony asking me what I think, got some of my friends to set me on fire and flood me, and taught her own friend how to teleport my organs."

"Okay, those are pretty good— Wait, what was that about your organs?"

Junior slumped. "Long story. And just when I thought she might be going, she gets to stay anyway. And nopony asked me again!"

Sunset held back most of her laughter. "Do they even know you're there to ask?"

"Well..."

"And she did fix the damage she caused, right?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"And from what I've heard, the fact that she's making friends at all without brainwashing them is a huge, harmonious step forward for her."

Junior squirmed a bit, then looked up at Sunset. "And she did help with the whole changeling invasion thing."

Sunset nodded. "There you go."

"I still wish somepony would ask me how I feel about it."

"How about I go write Twilight and tell her how you feel?"

Junior hopped off the chair and beamed as she picked up the castle hat she'd left on Sunset's end table. "That'd be great! Thanks, Aunt Sunset!"

Sunset grimaced. "I'm... really not comfortable with the idea of being a castle's aunt."

Junior paused in front of the portal to Equestria's Astral Plane. "Cousin?"

"Cousin works."


Starlight blinked and shook her head. "I've offended your house?"

Twilight reread the latest missive from Sunset, then nodded. "Several times over, apparently."

"I... That doesn't even... What?"

Twilight shrugged her wings. "I mean, it is the offspring of the Tree of Harmony."

"Even by your standards, no, by Sunset Shimmer's standards, this is bizarre."

"I don't disagree, but I think you still owe somecastle an apology."

Starlight sighed. "Promise to never say 'somecastle' again, and it's a deal."

Author's Note:

Some of the blame goes to MythrilMoth, and all of the blame for the story that helped engender this idea goes to me.

So, yeah, my fault. :derpytongue2:

PreviousChapters Next