• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,163 Views, 4,448 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,448
 8,163

PreviousChapters Next
Beyond the Stars, by Speckle

It wasn't that Abstract Cognition's house was small, far from it. Heck, even her bedroom was spacious enough for her to fly around without tumbling over the foot of her bed.

"...and there's this girl who has her own blog and she had some awesome theories of her own, one of them being that everyone has two Hero Titles as a result of the flux between Aspects..."

She even had a whiteboard in her room.

An honest to goodness whiteboard.

"...Like, say, if you were a Prince of Heart as your primary, you could also be seen as a Sylph of Mind, because the absence of emotional baggage gives you a better grasp on the logical functions of the mind.”

But the fact that Abby was currently buzzing around her person like a hummingbird high on sugar wasn't helping Twilight in terms of note-taking.

“That's—”

“Crazy complicated, I know, though she sorta inspired me to include a Double Hero Title for all of you," Abby continued to orbit the purple girl with a big, excited grin on her face, "Which then evolved into the singular Master Title for all seven of you, because you all honestly fit the bill for the term.”

Twilight blushed, looking away from the cluttered whiteboard. “I... wouldn't say that, exactly.”

It was only then that Abby stopped flying in circles, hovering motionless in midair, only moving her head to level the flattest look to ever be leveled by anyone at Twilight. “Out of all the humans on Earth, in this city, Magic itself chose you to be its personal avatar to discuss its very existence with the girl who is now endowed with cosmic power and quite literally holding together our known universe to keep it from evaporating. How does that not qualify either of you to have a Master Title?”

Well, when she put it like that... “... Um—”

“Heck, Jade 'Witch of Space' Harley needed help from her Denizen Echidna and a Fenestrated Wall to take her Session with her to the Alphaverse in order to win her team's Game," Arms now akimbo, Abby managed to aim one at Twilight, finger pointed for emphasis, "You and Sunset basically hacked your Game to win and got away with it.”

Needless to say, despite her research into the online 'comic' that had inspired the most recent magic system into existence, Twilight had no idea what Abby was talking about.

“.... Er....”

“You dive headfirst into the unknown with the intent to learn as much as you can for the greater good of science, ergo Seer of Void. But you've also been burdened by the knowledge you learn and, despite the aforementioned hacking, feel as though you're lagging behind despite the leaps in progress you’ve made, thus a Mage of Light," Abby's frustration evaporated as though a switch had been flipped, her giddiness returning to her features. “You embody the Knowledge Classes and the two Aspects associated with Understanding, so I figured you deserved a Title that captured the essence of both. Now, I admit, for a while I got tied up with Horsey's rule of single-syllable designations—”

“Wait, what?”

“—but then I figured that by combining Titles, that's basically creating a double-syllable system," Abby zoomed right up to Twilight, her grin reaching Pinkie Proportions. "That's why, in your chapter, I refer to you as the Scholar of Stars. Because that's what sages of old used to study for guidance, the stars.”

The glow that seemed to resonate deep within Abby's light purple eyes didn't unnerve Twilight in and of itself. The fact that both glows looked to be shaped like a pair of stylized suns, however, did. A pair of stylized suns that looked an awful lot like one of the cutouts that'd been Scotch-taped to Abby's thesis paper.

"That's...um..."

"And it totally has a thematic connection to your icon,” Zipping backwards to a respectable distance, Abby resumed her excited orbiting, “It's the perfect synergy!

For the umpteenth time since she agreed for this little study session, Twilight Sparkle didn't know whether or not to be impressed by the other girl's drive or afraid.

Author's Note:

"Let me tell you about Homestuck" is as much a threat as an offer.

PreviousChapters Next