• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Indigo Origins, by Void Knight

Author's Note:

The following is emphatically noncanon. We have a plan for Indigo Zap.

And yeah, just the one. It's been a quiet week on the fiction thread. Still, I hope you like it.

Over the past several months, the students at Canterlot High had gotten used to having strange people popping out of the Wondercolt statue with little or no warning. And so it was that when four individuals stepped out of the statue, quite a few of those passing by didn’t give them a second glance. But of those who did give them that second glance, virtually all went back for third and fourth glances. Even by Canterlot High standards, this was unusual.

Two of the four visitors were familiar to the student population of Canterlot. One was, apparently, Vice Principal Beleren from Ravnica High dressed in a very formal, if somewhat rumpled and ill-fitting suit and tie. The second was a supremely furious Indigo Zap, handcuffed, surrounded by a cylinder of glowing blue and white runes, and being manhandled by the third individual, a burly figure covered in full-body riot armor in white-trimmed blue. The fourth figure was a unicorn-aspect woman clad in a police uniform and what looked to be a bulletproof vest, only made of silver and with a cape the same rich blue as her eyes and gem.

Vice Principal Beleren’s headgem lit up, but he didn’t seem to be actually doing anything. There was a moment’s silence as the three aliens and the returnee regarded the locals. Vice Principal Beleren made several interesting faces, but before he could do or say anything, Sunset Shimmer materialized in a flash of light.

“Ok,” said Sunset. “Who are you, what are you doing here, how’d you get past customs, and why do you look like Vice Principal Beleren?”

“In reverse order,” replied the one who evidently wasn’t Vice Principal Beleren, “I have no idea why this world has a Jace Beleren as well, we didn’t know there were any customs but would be quite happy to go through properly, and we’re here to work out jurisdiction and legal protocols for trying her…” here a wave of one hand indicated Indigo, “… given that she’s technically a citizen of a foreign polity.”

“Wait, trying her?” Sunset looked confused. “Trying her for what?”

The woman in the silver vest spoke up, a flicker of light sparking in her gem. “Indigo Zap is currently charged with five hundred thirty-seven counts of criminal enthrallment, seventeen counts of vandalism and destruction of private property worth a total of seven thousand two hundred eleven zinos, two counts of destruction of public property worth three thousand one hundred forty-five zinos, seventeen counts of assault with a lethal weapon, nine counts of assaulting an officer of the law with a lethal weapon, two counts of assaulting an officer of the law with another officer of the law, two counts of unnecessary tossing of the citizenry, one count of public indecency, one count of…”

“Celestia's left wing, what happened?” blurted out Sunset, cutting off the woman’s recitation. “And you,” she said, leveling a finger at the man in the suit, “stop poking around in people’s heads. I can tell you’re doing it, even if you’re smart enough not to try it on me.”

The man looked embarrassed. “Sorry about that,” he said. “Most people don’t notice, and it’s the quickest way to find out what they do and don’t know so I can explain. As for your question, the short version is that Indigo planeswalked into the middle of a market, enthralled most everyone in sight, and when a few people resisted or blocked the effect, she got angry and started throwing lightning around. Started by blasting buildings, but moved on to going after people pretty quickly. Luckily, there were Azorius and Boros forces on station, so they were able to subdue her with no fatalities. And to belatedly offer some introductions, I’m Jace Beleren, Guildpact of Ravnica. Given that working out the legalities for Indigo’s trial involved extraplanar matters, it was determined that I was the logical person to handle it. This is Lavinia, my aide, and the one holding Indigo is Arrestor Calian.”

“Well,” said Sunset, “guess I had better get Lyra. She's the closest thing we have to an expert on multidimensional legal codes. Then we can go speak to… I guess the president, or maybe the Supreme Court? This is going to take a while.”

“Justice always does,” said Lavinia calmly.

Card of the Short

Indigo, Jealous God 1BR
Planeswalker — Indigo
+1: You may sacrifice a creature. If you do, put a number of loyalty counters on Indigo, Jealous God equal to that creature's toughness.
-2: Gain control of target creature until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
-X: Indigo deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players.
3

PreviousChapters Next