• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Those Left Behind, by ArtieStroke

The other Sunset almost jumped as she felt the burner phone in her pocket buzz. Which was weird, because the only two people who would have any reason to call here were in this... bar? Restaurant? It felt a little too seedy to just be a restaurant (she shuddered inwardly at actually describing a place as "seedy.")

Frowning, she flipped the phone open, stepping away from their table, "Hello?"

"Sunset? Oh, thank Harmony I finally got it right!"

Sunset's eyes widened, and she glanced at the table where her comrades were looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"I-I'll be just a second."

Quickly, but hopefully not too quick as to draw attention, Sunset went for the exit and stepped outside, the cool air of the night welcoming and fresh compared to the stale air inside. Turning a corner, she hissed into the receiver, "Sunburst, how did you get this number?!"

Her brother's voice came from the other side. "I've been trying to find you ever since that other Sunset changed the whole world! I've been worried sick! I know you like to be independent, but I could only imagine what kind of trouble's been going on for you since you, well... basically resemble the physical manifestation of a god-like entity."

"Yeah, you could say that," Sunset grumbled.

"I tried reaching you at work, but your boss said you quit. Your apartment's empty. What happened?"

"Sunburst, this REALLY isn't any of your concern. I'm fine! More than fine! I'm great!" She lied.

"Sunset..."

"Look," Sunset said, "I'm kind of in the middle of something. Doing things with important people. Just forget about whatever dumb worries you have, okay? Everything'll blow over soon."

"So you admit there's trouble that needs blowing over?"

Sunset rolled her eyes, and then growled when she realized that even with the sometimes vaguely supernatural senses twins share, Sunburst wouldn't see her frustration, "Just back off, alright?"

"O-okay! Okay. Just... and I know you're gonna get angry, but don't do anything rash, okay?"

"Good BYE, Sunburst."

And with a flip, her brother was a problem no more. Great. Now she'd need to get a new number.

Author's Note:

Some ties are more easily severed than others.

PreviousChapters Next