• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Le Geek, C'est Chic, by Masterweaver

"IT'S BEEN TWO HUNDRED CHAPTERS!" Twilight shouted at the screen. "JUST FREAKING KISS ALREADY!"

After a moment, she blinked, looking around with a blush. "Aheh."

Rarity smiled faintly. "I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets caught up in romantic fiction."

"It's not romantic! It's fanfiction!"

"Is there a romance?"

"Well, yes, but—"

"Is it a critical part of the core plot?"

"I mean, I guess it is, but—"

"Then it's romantic fiction," Rarity said with the finality of the infinitely certain.

"She'd know," Sunset pointed out with a grin.

Twilight rubbed the back of her head. "It's not just a romance," she protested faintly. "It's a Mass Distortion/Last Airtwister crossover with a lot of setting detail on how a quasimagical setting and the science fiction could fit together and—"

"Neeeeeerd," Rainbow Dash drawled.

"Hey! I'd like to think I'm a geek these days!"

"Oh yeah? What's the difference?"

"Nerds are experts in their fields because they are socially challenged and feel no need to go outside that paradigm. Geeks are experts in their fields because, well, they love those fields." Twilight smirked evilly. "In fact, you'd be a sports geek."

"Hey!"

"You know the rules to ten different sports and invented a new one," Sunset pointed out.

"...I mean, sure, but that's just cause I'm an athlete." Rainbow looked around at the disbelieving stares. "What? It's true!"

"Sports geek," Twilight singsonged.

"You know by that metric Rarity's a fashion geek," Pinkie pointed out. "And Fluttershy's an animal geek, and Maud's a rock geek, and I'm a party geek, and Applejack... uh. Hmm. I want to say farming geek, but she doesn't seem to geek out about farming. It's just life for her."

"Brickos."

Pinkie blinked, turning to Applejack. "Er... what?"

"Brickos," she repeated. "I know every set that's been sold in the past five years, bought a good half of them, and..." She coughed into her fist. "I maaaay kinda have a whole cellar tah mahself."

"Oh. Wow. Brickos." Pinkie paused. "...So what are your thoughts on GigaBloks?"

"They are a blight upon tha world!"

"She's tried to convince me to melt them all," Sunset deadpanned.

"I'm tellin' ya, Sunset, you'd be doin' everyone a favor!"

Twilight gave a small snort. "Do you know how crazy you sound right now?"

"About as crazy as tha chick who yelled at a screen cause her ship was takin' too long?"

The purple girl's blush returned with a vengeance. "I mean... two hundred chapters. It's ridiculous, right?"

"Well, if you want a kiss," Sunset purred, "why not just do it yourself?"

"....you mean write my own shipfic?"

Sunset frowned.

Twilight gave her a sly smirk. "Or did you mean this?" She grabbed her chin and dragged her in.

Sunset wordlessly confirmed that, yes, that was exactly what she meant.

Author's Note:

Technically, they're BRICKO® construction blocks, but not even AJ is a big enough geek to call them that.

In any case, I feel like it's cheating, what with each little snippet getting its own chapter, but hey, two hundred snippets ain't that shabby. :pinkiehappy:

PreviousChapters Next