• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,167 Views, 4,449 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,449
 8,167

PreviousChapters Next
Don't Ask About Groom Q. Q. Martingale, by FoME

“WHAT!?”

Indignant screams weren’t unheard of in the Canterlot High cafeteria, but they usually came from Sunset when one of her followers did something stupid, or from Sweetie Belle when one of Sunset’s followers was going to do something stupid. One coming from Pinkie Pie was almost unheard of.

“Hey,” said Ditzy Doo, “if you don’t believe me, I’ll show you.” She paid for her lunch and followed Pinkie to the latter’s usual table, where all of her friends awaited with varying degrees of concern.

Sunset took a deep breath. “Okay. On a scale from one to yes, how worried should I be?”

“Oh.” Pinkie let her tray clatter to the table, the better to cross her arms and narrow her eyes. “We’ll see.

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “This ain’t another ‘cupcakes vs. muffins’ thing, is it? ‘Cause Granny ain’t gonna stand fer that kinda thing in ‘er cafeteria again.”

“Nothing of the sort,” said Ditzy. She turned to Rainbow Dash and Twilight. They weren’t sitting next to each other, but that wasn’t an issue for her. “I was hoping you two could settle something for me.”

They exchanged an uncertain glance. “Why us?” said Dash.

“I’m happy to answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability, even if… well, you do have a tendency to raise them more often than not. But this…” Twilight blinked as the penny dropped. “Oh. It’s Daring Do, isn’t it?”

Ditzy nodded. “Just wanted to confirm A. K. Yearling’s full name. I heard it from Blue Oyster the other day, but that didn’t sound right.”

More wary looks flitted across the lunch table. “Okay…” said both.

“I mean, really, who’d name their kid Aerling Kearling Yearling?”

Silence stretched on for several seconds. Then Dash and Twilight both started cackling like idiots, doubling over even as their friends looked on in fond disgust. All except Pinkie Pie, who just glared at Ditzy even more angrily.

“It’s Alluvial Karst Yearling, for the record,” Fluttershy said, having looked it up on her phone.

“Yeah, I know.” Ditzy smirked at Pinkie. “Told you I could tell a joke only those two would laugh at.”

“You win this round, Doo.” Pinkie managed to hold the pout for all of five seconds before devolving into her own giggle fit.

PreviousChapters Next