• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,148 Views, 4,442 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,442
 8,148

PreviousChapters Next
Sunny Delight, by Masterweaver

"...Hey Flare Bear?"

Sunny Flare rolled her eyes. "What is it, Lemon?"

"Are we, like, friends now?"

"....what?"

"I mean, I've been hanging around you and being my usual crazy self. Maybe not as crazy, but you know, still the thing that would have ticked you off in the past, and you've been exasperated but you haven't told me to make tracks like you used to." The pink girl shrugged. "What's up with that?"

"I've learned that it's impossible to convince you to leave, so I endure your nonsense."

"Yeah, that would be a lot more convincing if you didn't actually talk with me. You're answering my question, there's some sort of... some connection there."

"We are both top five Crystal Prep students," Sunny pointed out. "And that means we will almost inevitably be interacting for a long time."

"Sunny, have you ever heard the term 'tsundere?'"

"I have never demonstrated any deredere ways. I do not regard you with affection, romantic or platonic."

Lemon Zest tapped her fingers together. "But... you don't hate me anymore, right?"

"I... What?" Sunny Flare looked up. "Hate you? I've never hated you. Despised you, certainly, considered you a frivolous girl who coasted by on her connections and acted out to unset the balance of society, but that was just disgust. Not hatred." She paused. "And... I will admit, you have proven yourself to have some level of depth behind your actions."

"Oh. So... do you still despise me, then?"

"No, Lemon Zest. These days, I merely find you irritating."

"Enh, that's fair, I kinda think everyone does."

Sunny Flare glanced up. "You know, you could try to be less irritating."

"Yeah, I could." Lemon paused. "Don't think I want to, though. Irritation is great for getting people to say how they really feel, and that always helps when figuring out what they need."

"Still playing the trickster therapist, then?"

The girl grinned broadly. "You know it, babe."

"...new rule: no flirty nicknames."

"But what if we start dating at some point?"

"The rule will never be abolished."

Author's Note:

I suppose shipping Lemon with Ditzy would constitute soda, Sour Sweet would be OJ, and Twilight the purple stuff.

PreviousChapters Next