• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
... And New, by FoME

After several months of Ruby Rose's papacy, Sunset was beginning to get handle on the girl. "Beginning" being the operative word. "So, walk me through this," she said as they walked about the grounds of Bacon Academy.

"Above all else, o Glorious Proclaimer, you represent balance, so it's only natural that your most holy day be one where the day and night are of equal length."

"Right, I get that part of the symbolism. I don't see why you can't just use my birthday or something, though."

Ruby shook her head. "It's already taken. That's when we properly revere the Most Blessed Progenitrix."

Sunset took a moment to process that before facepalming. "Please don't tell me you're deifying my mother."

"As you wish, o Divine Bacon Horse."

Sunset took a deep breath and decided it was best to move on. "Alright, fine. Equinox it is. But why autumn over spring? Wouldn't it be more appropriate to celebrate my actions with the world returning to life or something like that?"

"This way, we face the coming months knowing that you will be there with us, that though the sun may set on the world, you will never set on your faithful." Ruby shrugged. "Plus, your version works in the Southern Hemisphere."

"Guess I'm just going to have to get used to people on this side celebrating the White Sabbath." Sunset thought of the times when she spent time with Princess Celestia on her traditional day of rest. Not that she'd been able to get much of it with Luna still banished.

"Hmm." The sounds of Ruby thinking brought Sunset back to the present. "White doesn't work, but... Oh! Golden! Golden Sabbath! We've been meaning to pick a proper name for it!"

"Why do I even speak around you?" Sunset groaned.

Ruby beamed. "Because you're an eternal font of knowledge and wisdom!"

"Yes. Obviously."

Author's Note:

I couldn't avoid writing something for Sunset Shimmer Day in this universe now that I know when it is.

PreviousChapters Next