• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,049 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,049

PreviousChapters Next
Just Twilights Talking, by SaintAbsol

"What do you see in him?"

Princess Twilight, in the form of a unicorn aspect girl, blinked as she looked at her bespectacled human counterpart. "I'm sorry?"

"Flash Sentry," the naturally human Twilight clarified, nodding to the mentioned boy who was currently getting some drinks. Sunset Shimmer was over near a group of her religious followers, explaining (yet again) that she was on a date and didn't want to be worshiped at the moment (or ever, if possible) leaving the two Twilights by themselves. "I know you and he meet every time you make the time to pop over here, but I can't really figure out why."

Princess Twilight frowned at her counterpart. "Hey, Flash is a great guy."

"I'm not saying he's a bad one," the human Twilight conceded. "But, still... what do you see in him that makes him appealing to you in the romantic sense? I mean, you're not even the same species technically."

"Neither are you and Sunset."

The human Twilight flinched a bit. "Okay, point; that was a low blow and I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted," Princess Twilight replied, then glanced over at the topic of their discussion. "And... it's more what I don't see in him, really."

"I hope you're going to clarify that."

The Princess of Friendship sighed, rubbing at her current body's headgem. "Back home... I've always been kind of... isolated. First by my own interests making me avoid social settings in favor of spending my time in a library, then by the fact I'm naturally asocial, something I'm sure you know a lot about."

"Yeah..." H-Twilight had to adjust her glasses as one too many lonesome nights came to mind almost too quickly.

"Exactly. But, after that... well, I became apprenticed under Princess Celestia."

"It's still weird to hear that name and think she's some sort of deity instead of a principal," H-Twilight interrupted.

"It's weird to hear that she's a principal instead of a princess," P-Twilight countered with a smirk. "Anyway, after that, well, most ponies considered me unapproachable, given my rather 'unique' position. Any interaction with me was colored with how I technically had royal authority and—in their minds—I could completely destroy them or their livelihoods, either because of my own power or via a quick word to the princess. I would never have done that," she quickly added, as her counterpart opened her mouth, "but ponies still thought I would."

H-Twilight blinked. "O... kay. But, what does that have to do with Flash?"

"I'm getting to it, just bear with me. Anyway, it only got worse after I became an alicorn back home; suddenly, ponies were bowing to me and looking at me with authority that I, frankly, didn't feel I had or even necessarily deserved. If it wasn't for my friends, I probably would have gone back to being a total social recluse again.

"Then, Sunset Shimmer came and stole my crown to bring it here... um, you knew that, right?"

H-Twilight waved off her counterpart's concerns. "Sunset explained her history to me before we started dating,"

"Okay, good. Anyway, after I came here, I bumped into Flash. Heh," P-Twilight chuckled a bit, blushing slightly. "Literally bumped into him. A lot. I've noticed I don't have a lot of spatial awareness in this body."

"Might want to get that examined," H-Twilight deadpanned.

"Anyway," P-Twilight continued, "interacting with him was... strange, at first. It just felt different than interactions with my friends. I mean, I've had a few stallions and mares try to be my special somepony, but I always turned them down. Every time, they seemed to want something from me, either because I was in a position of power or because they wanted to date royalty. But with Flash, I never got that impression. I mean, he didn't even know I was a pony when we first met, much less a princess! I was just some slightly nerdy girl who wanted to try and win a popularity contest and liked to sing. For the first time in my life, I felt..."

"Normal," H-Twilight finished.

"Yeah, normal," P-Twilight agreed with a smile. "That's what I see in Flash: a chance to just be a normal girl with a crush."

"Sounds like how I feel when I'm around Sunset," H-Twilight admitted with a smirk. "I suppose I can see where you're coming from, then."

"Thanks."


"They're talking about us, you know," said Sunset, finally rid of her devotees for the moment and leaning against the edge of the smoothie booth.

Flash glanced over as he waited for the drink order and shrugged. "Yeah, I've seen them glance over here a few times. Figured we were the topic of conversation." He risked a glance of his own at the Twilights sitting on the bench nearby. "They seem to be in a good mood, at least, so I doubt it's anything bad."

"Yeah, true." Sunset was silent for a moment, before looking back at Flash. "You know, this whole thing between you and Princess Twilight..."

"It won't last," Flash interrupted her, his voice devoid of emotion.

Sunset merely raised an eyebrow. "You know?"

Flash chuckled a bit. "I may be the dumbest person on this double date, Sunset, but I'm not stupid. She and I have both talked about it a few times. Neither of us likes it, but neither of us can do much about it either. Twilight has her life, and I have mine; I can't ask her to give it up for me anymore than I can give up mine for her. We've just decided to let it run its course and enjoy the ride while it lasts. After that, well... I suppose I'll see if another girl comes along."

Sunset blinked. "That's... surprisingly mature, Flash."

He smiled at her as the smoothies finally arrived. "Nice to hear a compliment; you'd be surprised how rarely I get them."

Author's Note:

And while we're on the topic of shipping...

PreviousChapters Next