• Published 1st Apr 2016
  • 8,048 Views, 4,429 Comments

Group Precipitation - FanOfMostEverything



Stories set in the Oversaturated World, some silly, some less so.

  • ...
26
 4,429
 8,048

PreviousChapters Next
Breathtaking, by SaintAbsol

"Mooooom," Dinky Doo whined as she walked along beside her mother. "You said you had something to show me and we've just been sitting here for forever!"

"It's been twenty minutes, Dinky."

"Same thing!"

Ditzy sighed, shaking her head slightly. Ever since Dinky had (almost literally) popped into her life, the high school girl had developed a newfound respect for her parents and just how hard it had to be raising a child. Granted, they were more than understanding about the unusual situation with Dinky, but there were still times that she really wanted to punch her future self in the face for sending Dinky back in time, regardless of the reasons.

However, she had been working on getting everything right for what she was planning for a while now, and Dinky's impatience wasn't going to stop her now. "Just a little bit longer now, dear."

Dinky grumbled as she adjusted her coat. The air was growing cold as winter approached, and the sun starting to set meant what heat there was had already begun to fade. She eventually just sighed out in frustration, watching her breath condense in the air.

Suddenly, Ditzy's hand shot out and actually grabbed the tiny cloud. While Dinky watched with wide eyes, Ditzy's hands worked the cloud like clay, forming it into a heart as she smiled at her daughter.

"How..."

"Magic," Ditzy said with a smirk, letting the heart float free. She breathed out her own cloud, gathering it in her hands as she concentrated, her eyes faintly starting to glow as she worked and shaped the cloud into a rabbit. Finally, she let it go, and it actually hopped around in the air, much to Dinky's delight.

Ditzy smiled as she watched her daughter reach out and pet the cloud bunny. It hadn't been easy to master this little trick, but the look on Dinky's face made it all worth it to her.

Author's Note:

:derpytongue2: "There. Now in order to preserve this moment, I'm going to have to never show Dinky this trick before I send her to this time. Suck it, future self!"

PreviousChapters Next